World of Warcraft sound issues: Here’s how to fix them
World of Warcraft has a wonderful soundtrack that blends perfectly with the game. The sound effects accompanying various actions of the players add more intensity to the game. Unfortunately, there are situations when gamers encounter various sound issues preventing them from fully enjoying the gaming experience.
Hey everyone, not sure if anyone else has experienced this or is experiencing it, but my sound, after installing the newest updates for Windows 10 started to sound really bad. At first I only noticed it in game, i.e. when talking to an npc or fighting. It sounded muffled and had a lot of static. I tested my playback devices and found that it sounded that was also, but only during the test. (As in, youtube and other audio related things sounded fine
Fix: World of Warcraft sound issues
The solutions listed below cover a wide range of WoW sound issues, including skipping, popping, screeching, or no sound.
- Make sure your speakers or headphones are turned on and properly connected to your computer.
- Use a different audio cable to test for a bad cable problem.
- Disconnect your headphones when using your speakers.
- Check your in-game audio settings in the game’s options menu. The options Enable Music and Enable Sound need to be checked, and Master Volume set appropriately. Make sure the Output Device, Speaker Setup, Sound Quality, and Sound Channel settings are correct.
- Update your drivers to solve any compatibility issues.
- Close all background apps to fix any software conflicts.
- Disable compatibility mode. Sometimes, audio issues can occur when running WoW in compatibility mode.
- Make sure your default communications device is set up properly:
- Right-click the speaker icon in the Windows system tray > click Playback Devices
- Select your preferred device > click Set Default Communications Device.
As always, if you’ve come across other workarounds to fix WoW sound issues, list the troubleshooting steps in the comments section below.
RELATED STORIES YOU NEED TO CHECK OUT:
- Fix: World of Warcraft error BLZBNTAGT00000BB8
- Warcraft 1 or 2 won’t be remastered, says Blizzard
- How to fix Diablo 3 issues on Windows 10
Installing Android drivers on a PC should be a walk in a park. You connect your handset with the PC via the USB cable and, […]
Do you have NOX installed on your PC? Are you experiencing any form of lag while running it? This article is specially designed for you! […]
Do you have ExpressVPN installed on your PC? Do you encounter connection problems after an update? This guide will help you out. Here, we’ll be […]