- Most of the time Forza Horizon 4 PC controller is not working as a result of outdated drivers.
- A dedicated driver update software should be able to update your drivers and fix this issue.
- Adjusting your controller settings in Steam is another easy way to remedy this problem.
- If the Forza Horizon 4 PS4 controller is not working on your PC, make sure that the controller software is properly configured.
Forza Horizon 4 is the greatest automotive festival game out there, and for many enthusiasts its the number one choice.
Unfortunately, many gamers complain that their Forza Horizon 4 PC controller is not working which is causing them a lot of frustration and a negative gaming experience.
In this guide we will show you the easiest way to ensure that your PC controller will work with Forza Horizon 4, so make sure to keep on reading.
How can I fix Forza Horizon 4 PC controller not working?
1. Use a specialized software
Most of the time, the malfunction of PC controllers is connected to outdated or broken drivers which is why using specialized software in updating them is recommended.
- Download and install DriverFix.
- Launch the application.
- Wait for DriverFix to detect all your faulty drivers.
- The software will now show you all the drivers that have issues, and you just need to select the ones you’d liked fixed.
- Wait for DriverFix to download and install the newest drivers.
- Restart your PC for the changes to take effect.
DriverFixDrivers will no longer create any problems if you download and use this powerful software today.
2. Check Hide DS4 controller option
- Download DS4 Windows and install it.
- Start the application.
- Once the application starts, go to the Settings tab and check the Hide DS4 controller option.
This is a quick and simple workaround and so be sure to try it if Forza Horizon 4 PC controller is not working for you.
In order for this solution to work, you might also have to enable the Hide DS4 controller option while you’re in the game, so keep that in mind.
Note: Some users had issues while enabling this feature, and you can find a workaround for it in our next solution.
3. Disable Nvidia Overlay
- Open Nvidia GeForce Experience and sign in to your account.
- Click on the gear icon to open the Settings window.
- Locate the In-game Overlay feature and disable it.
- After doing that, check if the problem is still there.
In-game Overlay isn’t an essential feature, and if you don’t plan to record your gameplay or capture screenshots, you can disable it without a second thought.
If the Forza Horizon 4 PC controller is not working while using DS4 Windows software, then you might have to close all other applications.
According to one user, he had to close applications such as Steam, UPlay, and Microsoft Store to fix this problem.
Keep in mind that other applications can cause this issue, so be sure to close them as well.
4. Check the settings
- Launch Steam and on the top left click on it.
- Go to Settings and click on Controller.
- Next, tap on the General controller settings option.
- Click on Check gaming controller.
- Press OK to save the changes and start Forza Horizon 4.
Some users are suggesting to disable Xbox controller config/support from there as well, so be sure to try that and check if that solves the issue for you.
As indicated in this article, fixing the Forza Horizon 4 PC controller is easy by following the steps indicated in this article.
In most cases, you should be able to fix the problem by updating your drivers properly, or by disabling the applications that might be interfering with your controller software.
If you have additional recommendations or suggestions please don’t hesitate and let us know in the comments section below.