- The Easy Anti-cheat system can trigger the Game Security Violation Detected error in Apex Legends.
- In this article, we explore a few troubleshooting steps to help you resolve the error for good.
- Also, find out what to do if Apex Legends won't launch on your PC.
When attempting to launch Apex Legend, you may encounter the error message Game Security Violation Detected.
The error generally shows out of the blue without prior indication and prevents you from launching the game. And every Apex Legend fan must know how to fix it.
In this article, we take a look at a couple of troubleshooting steps to help you resolve the Game Security Violation Detected (#00000001) error in Apex Legends.
Why do I keep getting errors on Apex Legends?
This Game Security Violation Detected error occurs when Apex Legend’s anti-cheat system detects an issue with your game files. That said, most of the time, it is a false positive. The installed antivirus or firewall is often found to lead to the error.
Also, it can be triggered by conflicting software installed on your computer. Besides, broken or corrupt game files are just as likely to cause the error.
If nothing else works, the problem lies with the installation of the game itself, in which case you have no option but to reinstall it.
What are some of the most common errors in Apex?
Apex Legends is no stranger to errors, and users often encounter these while playing the game. But, most of the errors are easily fixable and shouldn’t take much time.
Here are some of the common Apex Legends errors:
- Game Security Violation Detected Apex Legends [LightingService.exe]
- Apex Legends Game Security Violation Detected (0000006)
- Game Security Violation Detected Apex [LEDKeeper]
- 0x887a0006 DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG
- Apex Legends Error Code 23
- Apex Legends Error Code: 100
Also, there are a bunch of other Apex errors that you might come across, and the solution listed here should work for most of these.
A true gamer needs the best browser
Complete your gaming setup with Opera GX. It's a customizable browser designed for gamers, with a futuristic design and a game-focused interface. It includes optimization features for resource consumption: CPU, RAM and bandwidth limiters.
The browser has integrations with Twitch, Discord, and other messengers, plus a gaming newsfeed with a new releases calendar, tournaments info and other gaming events. Moreover, to keep your sight focused on gaming elements, Opera GX includes an easy to enable dark theme.
Play games lag-free, chat with your peers and keep up with all new releases!
How do I fix Game Security Violation Detected in Apex?
1. Disable Antivirus and Firewall
Turn off anti-virus
- Press Windows + S to open the Search menu, enter Windows Security in the text field, and then click on the relevant search result.
- Click on Virus & threat protection.
- Next, click on Manage settings under Virus & threat protection settings.
- Toggle the switch to turn off Real-time protection.
- Click Yes in the UAC prompt that pops up.
If you have a third-party antivirus installed, open it and temporarily disable the antivirus. Once done, rerun Apex Legend and check if the Game Security Violation Detected error in Apex on Steam is resolved.
Disable Microsoft Defender Firewall
- Click on Firewall & network protection in Windows Security.
- Next, click on Private network or the other options here, depending on which one reads Active.
- Toggle the switch to turn off the Microsoft Defender Firewall.
- Click Yes in the UAC.
After disabling the firewall, run Apex Legends and check for any improvements. Make sure to re-enable the Firewall as well as Real-time protection to keep your computer safe.
If disabling the firewall works, try adding the Apex Legends file to the white list. This way, you don’t have to disable the firewall every time you want to play the game.
- Press Windows + S to open the Search menu, enter Allow an app through Windows Firewall, and then click on the relevant search result.
- Click on Change settings.
- Scroll down, tick the Private and Public boxes for every Apex Legends entry, and then click OK to save the changes.
That’s it. Now try to run the game again while keeping the Firewall enabled and check if the Game Security Violation Detected error in Apex Legends is fixed.
2. Repair the game
- Launch Origin, and select My Game Library from the options on the left.
- Right-click on Apex Legends, and then select Repair.
- Origin will scan the game files and apply required fixes to resolve any issues.
After the repair is complete, close Origin, relaunch the game as administrator, and check if the Game Security Violation Detected error in Apex Legends is resolved.
Try to launch the game from the Origin client instead of directly launching it using the desktop shortcut. This method has worked for several users in fixing crashes.
3. Check for third-party app conflict
If you have a third-party game booster software or game management utility installed, it may create issues with Apex Legend. Gaming laptops often come pre-installed with Game Center Software that can conflict with the game’s anti-cheat system.
Make sure to close all the third-party apps running in the background, and then launch the game to see if it works normally. Also, you can uninstall the app in case it doesn’t perform a critical function on the PC.
If the issue persists, open Task Manager and check if any process related to the game management tool or RGB lighting controller is still running in the background. In case that’s true, terminate the process and verify if the Game Security Violation Detected error in Apex Legends is fixed.
4. Reinstall Origin
- Press Windows + R to launch the Run command, enter appwiz.cpl in the text field, and click on OK.
- Select Origin from the list of installed apps, and click on Uninstall.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the process.
- Reboot the computer.
- Download Origin, and run the setup to install it all over again.
When you now open Origin, the Game Security Violation Detected (#0000000D) error in Apex Legends will be resolved.
Also, find out what to do if Apex Legends won’t launch on your PC.
Tell us which fix worked for you in the comments section below.
Still having issues? Fix them with this tool:
If the advices above haven't solved your issue, your PC may experience deeper Windows problems. We recommend downloading this PC Repair tool (rated Great on TrustPilot.com) to easily address them. After installation, simply click the Start Scan button and then press on Repair All.