Everyone loves the good old games of the past, and some argue that the newest releases can’t even compare to them.
If you share this mentality, then you surely must have at least heard of GOG.com (formerly Good Old Games), a digital distribution platform for video games.
This neat video-game distribution platform caters mostly toward the gems of the past.
More so, they manage to deliver them in a DRM-free manner.
However, not everyone around the world has access to a high-speed Internet connection.
As such, re-downloading a game whenever you feel like playing it can take forever, and sometimes even more.
As such, users have been wondering how they can make a backup of their GOG titles on their hard drives.
How can I download and store GOG games on backup drives?
1. Make a backup through GOG Galaxy
- Open GOG Galaxy
- Select a game in your Library
- Click More, next to Install or Play
- Choose Backups & goodies
- Select the game under Game Backup Copy
- Wait for the backup to finish
2. Download an offline backup game installer
- Go to the GOG website
- Log in with your account
- Hover your mouse over your Account’s name in the main page
- Select Games from the drop-down list
- Hover your mouse over the game you want to download and press the downward arrow that appears
- Select VIEW DOWNLOADS
- Select DOWNLOAD OFFLINE BACKUP GAME INSTALLERS
- Click each file, and it will start downloading through your browser or a download manager
Keep note that this second method will download the base game as it was originally uploaded on GOG.
This means that any updates that were later applied will only become available the next time you open GOG Galaxy and have an Internet connection.
Apart from that, both these methods will allow you to backup your games in a location of your choosing.
This means that you can even back them up on an external hard drive, and install them whenever you see fit.
More so, you don’t need to have GOG Galaxy installed on your PC in order to install or run the games.
Additionally, since the games are DRM free, they will not be detected as pirated content, and are thus 100% legal to use.
RELATED ARTICLES YOU SHOULD CHECK OUT: