Google Chrome is the most popular browser in the world. People seldom encounter issues with it. Still, nothing is perfect, and Chrome is no exception.
Its popularity means many people are using Chrome in all corners of the world. So, the language packs are paramount for Google’s browser.
Quite a few users encountered a major issue: Google Chrome won’t change the language.
Fortunately, there are several solutions to this problem and today we will show you how to solve the problem.
Can’t change the language in Google Chrome? Here’s the fix
1. Add a command line
- Press CTRL + SHIFT + ESC to open Task Manager.
- End chrome.exe processes. This will close Chrome completely.
- Right-click the desktop icon of Chrome.
- Click on Properties.
- Insert the CLS at the right end of the target field (also copy the leading space): –lang=eng.
- Click the OK button.
2. Add and remove language
- Type chrome://settings/languages.
- Add the language you do not want and remove it right after to configure Chrome correctly.
3. Change the language in your Google account
- Visit https://myaccount.google.com/u/1/language.
- Edit the default language.
- Edit it again and set your preferred default language.
4. Change your browser
This issue in Chrome could become more than a simple annoyance. To solve the problem completely, you can change your browser. We recommend UR Browser.
It is a lightweight and privacy-oriented tool for surfing the Internet error-free.
Check out our detailed review to learn more about UR Browser.
Not being able to change the language in Google Chrome is a major issue. Fortunately, this is something that you can fix with these simple solutions listed above.
Add and remove the language, change the language in your Google account, or add a command line.
Also, you can choose to use another browser. We recommend UR Browser for an error-free online experience.
If all your bookmarks and other information are on Google Chrome and you don’t want to lose it, we have good news for you. Install one of these tools from our list to import your data from Chrome to UR Browser.
Did our solutions help you? Did you find another method to change the language in Google Chrome? Do let us know in the comments section below!
RELATED ARTICLES YOU NEED TO CHECK OUT:
- Software that crashes Google Chrome [COMPLETE LIST]
- How to clear auto-fill data in Google Chrome [QUICK METHODS]
- How to fix Google Chrome scaling in Windows 10