I2C HID Device Driver Download & Install on Windows 11
Various ways to download the I2C HID driver
- Standard drivers are essential in running an array of devices to ensure they are compatible with most PCs.
- I2C HID is one of those universal drivers and in this article we show you how to download and install them.
Updating your drivers regularly will ensure your devices communicate well with each other. I2C HID device in a laptop is a standard interface that allows the computer to communicate with a wide range of peripherals, such as keyboards and mice. The I2C protocol supports many different devices.
Universal standard drivers are essential in supporting the vast array of hardware used in computers and other electronics. In this article, we show you how to download and install the I2C HID device driver in Windows 11.
What is an I2C HID device in a laptop?
Drivers are necessary for every Windows user. They are what we need for all connected peripherals to function properly. Given the huge number of manufacturers with different devices in the market, there will also be a significant number of drivers.
As such, manufacturers developed the I2C HID drivers to support commonly used hardware such as keyboards and mice. The I2C HID driver acts as a universal driver for these devices.
For most devices, once you plug it in, the drivers will automatically install themselves on your PC so you can start using the device. For others, however, there may be a need to download them directly from the manufacturer or use a third-party driver updater utility.
At some point, you may wonder what happens if you were to uninstall the I2C HID device. Once you uninstall the driver, any connected devices will stop working. However, the next time you restart your PC, the drivers will automatically be reinstalled.
How do I install I2C HID?
Before you install the I2C HID driver, ensure the following are in place:
- Verify that you have connected the corresponding peripherals securely to your PC.
- Check that you are running the latest version of Windows to avoid compatibility issues.
- Ensure you have a stable internet connection so the download is not interrupted, as you could end up with a corrupted driver.
1. Use the manufacturer’s site
You can find the driver at the manufacturer’s site. The manufacturer’s website is the best place to start, as many will have detailed installation guides and instructions.
You can also find additional information on how to get started and troubleshoot problems on their support pages. If the driver is unavailable, there are also third-party websites that have legitimate drivers available for download, such as Driversol.
When downloading from untrusted sites, ensure you are well-equipped with a reliable antivirus. This will ensure you don’t end up with malware in your system.
2. Use Device Manager
- Hit the Windows key, type Device Manager in the search box, and click Open.
- Navigate to the Human Interfaces Devices option and click to expand.
- Find the I2C HID driver, right-click on it, and select Update driver.
- Next, click on Search for automatically updated drivers.
- Windows will then conduct a search and either find you a new driver or tell you that the best driver is already installed.
3. Use a third-party tool
While the two above methods will still get you an updated I2C HID driver, some users may find these routes too long and high-risk. This is because many steps are involved, and you risk downloading drivers that could contain malicious code.
To avoid putting your system at risk, we recommend using a third-party driver updater. DriverFix has a huge database and will automatically detect missing drivers from your PC, download and install them for you in seconds.
The best part is that you don’t have to worry about figuring out which driver is best for your system.
Prevent possible system issues and try DriverFix to update your drivers with the best versions.
You may also experience a touchpad error where the I2C device is not working, so feel free to visit our comprehensive article for guidance.
Let us know which method you used to install the I2C HID device driver in the comment section below.
Still having issues? Fix them with this tool:
If the advices above haven't solved your issue, your PC may experience deeper Windows problems. We recommend downloading this PC Repair tool (rated Great on TrustPilot.com) to easily address them. After installation, simply click the Start Scan button and then press on Repair All.