5 best driver removal tools to make sure everything gets deleted
It’s important to remove unwanted drivers from your system because this will save you a massive amount of time and hassle. A high-quality driver uninstaller is a third-party software that is able to scan your system for all installed drivers quickly, and it will let you select one or more drivers at once for removal.
After the drivers have been removed, the driver removal tool will scan the system once again making sure to free up valuable space and also making sure that you will not run into problems when you try to install the latest version of that driver later on.
Here are five of the best driver uninstaller tools that you can currently find on the market so check out their sets of features and decide which one is the best option to add to your system.
IObit Uninstaller 7 Free (recommended)
This is a fast cleaner for your computer that works without any unwanted programs, Windows apps and plug-ins. It provides a simplified uninstall and auto leftover scan to ensure a thorough removal.
Check out the most important functionalities that are included in this software:
- IObit Uninstaller 7 Free removes unwanted programs in order to free up disk space and smooth the PC’s overall performance.
- This software detects all malicious programs including adware in real time, and it allows you to get rid of them easily.
- Considering that regular uninstall is not able to delete programs altogether, by using IObit Uninstaller 7 Free, you will be able to automatically remove these files with 120% faster scanning.
- You can count on IObit Uninstaller 7 Free even for the leftover file that cannot be deleted by other uninstallers.
- IObit Uninstaller 7 Free monitors program installation as well and it will identify plugins and bundled programs easily.
- When you decide to uninstall the main program, the bundles can be all removed together.
You can check out more impressive features that come with IObit Uninstaller 7 Free by heading over to its official website and taking a more in-depth look at the rest of its functionalities.
You can currently get the software for free, and it’s also good to know that it’s compatible with all versions of Windows.
Driver Fusion (suggested)
Driver Fusion is a driver uninstaller that provides a complete solution for your system to help you update, monitor and manage your drivers and devices as well. Using the health check option, you will be able to analyze your system’s health, and the program can automatically fix all detected issues.
Take a look at other functionalities of this tool:
- Driver Fusion keeps your computer updated by installing the latest drivers via its automatic driver updater, making sure that you will no longer have outdated and missing files.
- It also allows you to create a backup for all of your installed drivers at once.
- This remove driver software can also prepare your system when you install a new driver or change the hardware on your computer.
- The device control feature allows you to backup, download and uninstalls drivers, disable or restart devices and scan for hardware changes.
- The device identifier feature lets you troubleshoot and search for information on devices that are not recognized by Windows.
Driver Fusion offers you data on every device and driver that you have installed on your computer, and it allows you to detect and prevent problems and keep your PC running at top performance.
- Download now Driver Fusion (free) from the official website
Driver Magician is a driver removal software that will help you uninstall unnecessary drivers from your system effortlessly and this way you will be able to save some valuable time. This program offers a professional solution for device drivers backup, update, removal and restoration as well. It’s compatible with Windows operating system.
The program works by identifying all the hardware that you have installed on your computer, and it extracts the associated drivers from the hard disk, backing them up to a location that you chose.
Check out the most important features that are packed in this program:
- Driver Magician comes with a built-in database of the latest drivers with the ability to go online and receive the driver updates.
- You will be able to back up device drivers of your system in four modes.
- The tool lets you restore device drivers from backup with a simple click.
- You will be able to update device drivers of your PC to improve the system performance and stability.
- There’s also the option of Live Update device identifier database and driver update database.
- You will be able to back up more items such as Desktop and My Documents.
- With this tool, you can restore more items from the backup, and you will also get detailed information of the hardware drivers.
Guru3D Driver Sweeper
Guru3D Driver Sweeper is a great remove driver software that will sweep all driver leftovers from your computer. Removing your drivers on a correct way is essential because driver leftovers are able to cause stability-related issues and startup problems.
You can use Guru3D Driver Sweeper if you want to update and remove drivers from the computer.
Check out the best features that are included in this program:
- Guru3D Driver Sweeper can be used in two ways, and both of them will clean all the files.
- You can use the official uninstaller of the drivers, and you can also run this program to select what to clean.
- You will be able to select more drivers at the same time for cleaning.
- The current supported drivers are NVIDIA (Display and Chipset), ATI (Display), Creative (Sound) Realtek (Sound), Ageia (PhysX) and Microsoft (Mouse).
- This software can be used in Normal mode, but for absolute stability, it’s recommended to use the Safe mode.
It’s also recommended to make a backup or a system restore before using this tool. You can check out more essential functionalities of this program on the Guru3D Driver Sweeper’s webpage.
- ALSO READ: How to remove software leftovers
Tools for Windows – Device Cleanup Tool
Device Cleanup Tool removes drivers for non-present devices from the Windows, device manager. It’s critical to remove these drivers because each device that was once attached to your system leaves an entry in the Windows, device manager.
When you are using the Windows device manager, you will be able to delete drivers only one by one. But, with Device Cleanup Tool you can delete multiple drivers or all the non-present devices.
Check out more features that are included in this tool:
- The “last used time” comes from the write time of the device’s registry key.
- Using Device Cleanup Tool will save you space, time and effort as well.
- There’s also a command line version of Device Cleanup Tool, and it’s called Device Cleanup Cmd v0.6.
You can get both these tools from Tools for Windows website, and that’s the same place where you will be able to check out more features and functionalities of these driver uninstaller tools.
These are pot top five picks for the best driver removal tools and no matter which one you decide to get, you’ll be able to keep your system clean and running smoother.
RELATED STORIES TO CHECK OUT:
Best driver uninstaller tools to use in 2018
The rumor mill has speculated Microsoft will launch a Surface Phone since about 2016. Yet, for all the rumors, Microsoft has never confirmed that it […]
The nature of Windows 10 made passwords more important than ever. You basically cannot log in to your Windows 10 computer without entering a password […]
Microsoft usually releases cumulative updates on Patch Tuesday. Those more regular updates provide small OS enhancements and bug fixes in Windows versions. Microsoft has now […]