- Driver uninstaller software tools are practical for removing old, incompatible or unknown device drivers from your Windows PC.
- It's essential to remove outdated drivers and replace them with newer ones compatible with your system.
- Check the list below for powerful driver removal software suggestions that can help your PC perform better.
It’s important to remove unwanted drivers from your Windows 10 system because this will save you a massive amount of time and hassle.
A high-quality driver uninstaller is a third-party software program that scans your system for all installed drivers quickly, and it will let you select one or more drivers at once for removal.
After the drivers have been removed, the driver removal tool will scan the system once again making sure to free up valuable space and also making sure that you will not run into problems when you try to install the latest version of that driver later on. Besides, you can fix driver issues by uninstalling old drivers and installing newer versions.
Here the 5 best driver uninstaller tools that you can currently find on the market so check out their sets of features and decide which one is the best option to add to your system.
How do I completely Uninstall a driver?
You can completely remove any driver by using a dedicated uninstaller. Some of these tools work in just a couple of clicks and most of them have free trials. Here’s a list of the best ones we found:
- IObit Uninstaller – most complete and easy to use
- Driver Booster – includes a game optimizer
- Revo Uninstaller Pro – has a portable version
- Driver Fusion – specific PC health features
- Driver Magician – has backup for drivers
- Guru3D Driver Sweeper – basic features and a clean interface
- Device Cleanup Tool – has a command line version
Now let’s take an in-depth look at each and every one of them.
IObit Uninstall provides an easy and secure way to thoroughly remove unwanted programs and apps resulting in a clean and well-functioning PC.
The software has a real-time Install Monitor which detects and then informs you about any changes made to your system during a program installation.
It also has a Software Health option that optimizes your installed software, making sure they run smoothly, are up-to-date, and are corruption-free.
Other key features of IObit include:
- Prompt & thorough uninstallation
- One-click removal of software leftovers like empty files
- Increased Database for Better PC Protection and a deeper cleaning
- Windows Software Management
- Easy-to-use PC Toolkit
- System Security Protection
- Integrated software updater which checks for updates and installs them as needed
- Toolbars and Plug-ins removal
- Forced uninstall for stubborn software that displays errors anytime you attempt uninstallation
IOBit is an overall comprehensive solution for the complete removal of software, drivers, and other stubborn applications that may be difficult to get rid of.
IObit UninstallerMake sure your PC is clean and well functioning with easy, thorough, and secure file and program removal features.
Driver Booster is one of the best driver updater tools. In addition to removing old and outdated drivers from our PC, you can use this software solution to find the newest drivers online that are compatible with your devices and operating system.
How we test, review and rate?
We have worked for the past 6 months on building a new review system on how we produce content. Using it, we have subsequently redone most of our articles to provide actual hands-on expertise on the guides we made.
For more details you can read how we test, review, and rate at WindowsReport.
Here are the key features of Driver Booster:
- Find and remove outdated device drivers from your PC
- Optimize your computer for gaming using Game Boost
- Inspect driver information suc as publisher, date and associated device
- Create driver backups and system restore points as a precaution
- Update drivers at an accelerated rate
- Set your PC to auto-shutdown or restart after the drivers are updated
- Schedule Driver Booster to automatically scan drivers
Drive Booster has a large driver database which guarantees all your drivers stay up-to-date and performing to their highest capacities.
The software has both a free and a PRO version. You can subscribe for the PRO version and get your money back if you’re not satisfied with the product.
Driver BoosterDriver Booster offers some useful tools to fix common Windows issues effectively.
Topping off our list is a software utility that can be used to remove anything that is on your PC that involves an installation process, including drivers.
The program is called Revo Uninstaller Pro, and it can be used to remove anything, from generic programs, to Windows Apps, browser extensions, drivers, and more, all without leaving a trace that they were ever there.
In the case of drivers, you know how important it is when reinstalling a driver that the previous install needs to be completely gone.
With Revo Uninstaller Pro, you don’t have to worry about residual data and files, since it will all be deleted along with the driver itself, turning your PC into a completely clean slate.
Here are some of the perks of using Revo Uninstaller Pro:
- Removes programs, Windows apps, browser extensions, drivers, and more.
- Offers two kinds of uninstalling processes for you to choose from
- Deletes programs and drivers without leaving a trace
- Comes in both a normal and a portable version
- Can force-uninstall stubborn programs
Revo Uninstaller ProRemove drivers from your PC in a fast and efficient manner with the help of this great uninstaller
Driver Fusion is a driver uninstaller that provides a complete solution for your system to help you update, monitor, and manage your drivers and devices as well.
Using the health check option, you will be able to analyze your system’s health, and the program can automatically fix all detected issues.
Here are the key features of Driver Fusion:
- Keeps your computer updated by installing the latest drivers via its automatic driver updater, making sure that you will no longer have outdated and missing files
- It also allows you to create a backup for all of your installed drivers at once
- This remove driver software can also prepare your system when you install a new driver or change the hardware on your computer
- The device control feature allows you to backup, download and uninstalls drivers, disable or restart devices and scan for hardware changes
- The device identifier feature lets you troubleshoot and search for information on devices that are not recognized by Windows
Driver Fusion offers you data on every device and driver that you have installed on your computer, and it allows you to detect and prevent problems and keep your PC running at top performance.
Driver FusionThe best solution to update, backup, clean and monitor the drivers & devices of your PC
Driver Magician is a driver removal software that will help you uninstall unnecessary drivers from your system effortlessly and this way you will be able to save some valuable time.
This program offers a professional solution for device drivers backup, update, removal and restoration as well. It’s compatible with Windows operating system.
The program works by identifying all the hardware that you have installed on your computer, and it extracts the associated drivers from the hard disk, backing them up to a location that you chose.
Here are the key features of Driver Magician:
- Driver Magician comes with a built-in database of the latest drivers with the ability to go online and receive the driver updates.
- You will be able to back up device drivers of your system in four modes.
- The tool lets you restore device drivers from backup with a simple click.
- You will be able to update device drivers of your PC to improve system performance and stability.
- There’s also the option of Live Update device identifier database and driver update database.
- You will be able to back up more items such as Desktop and My Documents.
- With this tool, you can restore more items from the backup, and you will also get detailed information of the hardware drivers.
Guru3D Driver Sweeper is a great remove driver software that will sweep all driver leftovers from your computer. Removing your drivers on a correct way is essential because driver leftovers are able to cause stability-related issues and startup problems.
You can use Guru3D Driver Sweeper if you want to update and remove drivers from the computer.v
Here are the key features of Guru3D Driver Sweeper:
- Guru3D Driver Sweeper can be used in two ways, and both of them will clean all the files.
- You can use the official uninstaller of the drivers, and you can also run this program to select what to clean.
- You will be able to select more drivers at the same time for cleaning.
- The current supported drivers are NVIDIA (Display and Chipset), ATI (Display), Creative (Sound) Realtek (Sound), Ageia (PhysX) and Microsoft (Mouse).
- This software can be used in Normal mode, but for absolute stability, it’s recommended to use the Safe mode.
It’s also recommended to make a backup or a system restore before using this tool.
Device Cleanup Tool removes drivers for non-present devices from the Windows, device manager. It’s critical to remove these drivers because each device that was once attached to your system leaves an entry in the Device Manager.
When you are using the Windows Device Manager, you will be able to delete drivers only one by one. But, with Device Cleanup Tool you can delete multiple drivers or all the non-present devices.
Here are the key features of Device Cleanup Tool:
- View a list of all devices and uninstall drivers
- The “last used time” comes from the write time of the device’s registry key
- Using Device Cleanup Tool will save you space, time and effort as well
- There’s also a command line version of Device Cleanup Tool called Device Cleanup Cmd
These are the top five picks for the best driver removal tools and no matter which one you decide to get, you’ll be able to keep your system clean and running smoother.
What is a good Nvidia driver uninstaller to use?
One of the ways to remove Nvidia drivers is to use Display Driver Uninstaller on your PC. By doing so, the software will remove all files related to Nvidia from your PC.
We also have a great guide on how to safely uninstall Nvidia drivers that you might want to check out. The guide will guide you through the uninstall process and tell you everything you need to know.
However, if you want a faster and more reliable solution, then you might want to use the one of the driver uninstaller software from this guide.
If you have any other suggestions or questions, don’t hesitate to leave them in the comments section below.