- With Instagram, you can manage up to five accounts from the same profile.
- However, the app sometimes will keep rejecting your sign up attempts. We're offering a few solutions that will surely be helpful so keep reading.
- If you're an Instagram fan, we've documented some useful material in the dedicated Instagram section.
- This article is part of a larger catalog with a lot of guides and recommendations, that you can find in our Troubleshooting Hub.
Instagram users have come across the issue where they can not sign up for a new account on the platform.
It has occurred only with existing users when they were trying to create a new account after deleting one or to create a second account for other purposes than the initial one.
No matter how hard you try, or how many times you repeat the operation, the app keeps saying Sorry, you can’t create an account right now.
How do I fix the signup error on Instagram?
1. Use a VPN
This VPN service owned by Kape Technologies is one of the best on the market, with over 3300 servers locate din 46 different countries.
Once you downloaded it, open the VPN and choose a server. The program might also choose one for you, by default. Then you can open the Instagram page and see if you can sign up with a new account.
Not only will the VPN hide your actual IP, but also protect your privacy while you’re scrolling online, so you might decide to keep the service, after all.
If you’re interested in more VPN options, you can take a look at these top solutions that we’ve reviewed recently.
Having said these, we hope that you’ve already been successful in creating that new Instagram account. Any comment or suggestion is welcomed in the dedicated section below.
Private Internet Access
Access your social media platform anonymously with this great VPN, now at a discounted price for a limited time only!
- Completely log out of both Facebook and Instagram.
- Open Instagram once again > Sign Up.
- Ignore the Log in with Facebook option and select Sign up.
- Use the same username, but a new email address that you haven’t used before, neither with Facebook, nor with Instagram.
You should be allowed to create a new account. Post something and then go back to your Facebook account and log in with the usual credentials.
Once you are logged into Facebook, you should also be able to log into the first Instagram account.
The two accounts should be connected automatically since you’ve used the same username. To check this, go to your Instagram profile, tap your username at the top and you should see both accounts.
- Log out of your main Instagram account.
- Open your browser and click on the menu button (the top right0hand corner).
- Open a New incognito window > open Instagram > try to Sign up.
Few users are indeed trying this method, but it can be successful.
4. Use a device with a different Internet Service Provider
Some users reported that, when trying to sign up on Instagram, the problem was with their IP address provided by their ISP. Instagram often blocks certain IPs for content or activity-related reasons.
What they did was to try and sign up using another ISP, if available, so another IP address. The process went perfectly fine.
In today’s article, we explored the best methods to try out if you get an Instagram signup error.
Don’t forget to let us know if this guide was helpful by using the comment section below.
Frequently Asked Questions
Instagram allows up to five accounts that you can manage from the same profile. If you face issues using the Instagram app, check out this list of solutions.
An email address can only be associated with one Instagram account. So if you get an error that the email is already used, but you don’t remember having created an Instagram account, contact them and they will shed some light on the matter.
Download the Instagram app from the App Store or Google Play Store, open it, and sign up.