- With Instagram, you can manage up to five accounts from the same profile.
- The app sometimes keeps rejecting sign-up attempts and throws the Sorry, you can't create an account right now error.
- To fix things, use a different device and email address to sign up, or switch to a VPN, amongst other solutions.
Instagram is one of the most popular photo and video sharing social platforms, with a little over 2 billion users, as per recent data. But, many reported that Instagram won’t let them create a new account.
The error message usually reads, Sorry, you can’t create an account right now. The issue can be faced by both new users and existing users creating a new account. And it is easily fixable with a few quick tricks and solutions.
Why won’t Instagram let me create an account?
Here are a few reasons you can’t create an account on Instagram:
- Hit the maximum limit – Instagram has a maximum limit to the number of accounts that can be created using an email address, and if you have reached that, the social networking platform won’t allow you to create more.
- Server issues – Issues with the Instagram network or server, too, can lead to users not being able to create a new account.
- Blocked from Instagram – Instagram blocks accounts found violating its policies. If yours has been blocked and you are trying to create one using the same credentials, device, or IP address, it might throw an error.
How do I fix the signup error on Instagram?
Before trying the slightly complex solutions, here are a few quick ones that might do the trick:
- Check if you already have 5 accounts using the same email address since that’s the limit. In that case, use a new email address and device to sign up when Instagram won’t let you create a new account.
- Verify if Instagram is down in your region. You can use Downdetector or another social networking platform to check the same. Usually, when Instagram is down, it starts to trend on Twitter.
- Make sure the correct date and time are set on the device you are using to create an account.
In case these three solutions don’t work, the ones listed next would.
1. Create an account on a browser
The simplest solution when Instagram won’t let you create a new account is to use a browser. Oftentimes, the app acts weird, but the Instagram website works fine.
The sign-up process on the website is as seamless and straightforward as the official app. So, give it a try, and if things still don’t work, open the Instagram website in Incognito mode.
2. Log out of your Facebook account
If you have an Instagram account linked to Facebook, and while you are signed out of the former to create a new account, the latter is still signed in, log out of Facebook.
Though it might sound stupid, there may be issues when you are connected to Facebook on the same device you are using to create a new account.
3. Use another IP address
Some users reported that Instagram won’t let them create an account due to issues with the IP address. Instagram often blocks certain IPs for content or activity-related reasons.
What they did was to try and sign up using another ISP, if available, which translates to another IP address. The process went perfectly fine. A quick trick is to switch to Wi-Fi if you are on mobile data and vice-versa.
4. Use a VPN
Download a reliable VPN just for this process. We recommend using Private Internet Access.
This VPN service owned by Kape Technologies is one of the best on the market, with over 3300 servers located in 46 different countries.
Once you have downloaded it, open the VPN and choose a server. The program might also choose one for you by default. Then you can open the Instagram page and see if you can sign up with a new account.
Not only will the VPN hide your actual IP, but it will also protect your privacy while scrolling online, so you might decide to keep the service after all.
If you’re interested in more options, you can take a look at these top VPN solutions that we’ve reviewed recently.
And now that you can create an Instagram account, check the best Instagram posting software and increase your reach in no time.
Do tell us which fix worked and share other possible solutions in the comments section below.