While printing a PDF document using Adobe PDF viewer or other tools, you may encounter PostScript errors. The Printer error ioerror offending command image is also a PostScript error that can occur if there is a disk problem on the printer‘s hard disk, such as a bad sector.
The PostScript error usually indicates that something exceeds the PostScript interpreter’s memory or a PostScript language limit. If you are also troubled by this error, here are a couple of troubleshooting tips to help you resolve the error in Windows 10.
What can I do to fix Printer error ioerror offending command image?
1. Print as Image
- Start Adobe Acrobat Reader.
- Open the document you want to print.
- Press Ctrl + P key.
- Or click on File and select Print.
- In the print window, select the printer that you want to use.
- Click the Advanced button.
- In the Advanced Print Setup window, check the Print As Image option.
- Click OK to save the changes.
- Click the Print button, and that should help you print PDF files without any errors.
2. Isolate system-level print problem
- Check if the error occurs on more than one application.
- If the error occurs on multiple applications, the problem is most likely with your printer and not the application.
- This error can be caused by:
- Damaged fonts
- Damaged system files
- Insufficient hard disk space
- Damaged printer drivers
- Network problems or other hardware problems.
- To resolve the error, make sure you are using an up-to-date PostScript device driver.
- Make sure you have sufficient hard disk space when sending a file to a postscript interpreter especially when you print a large file.
- Check your printer for loose connection by unplugging and replugging the cables.
- Make sure the PostScript printer is compatible with the newer PostScript code.
- If you have an older printer, it may fail to recognize the newer PostScript code.
3. Isolate application and file specific problems
- If you are using Adobe Acrobat Reader, try resetting the preference settings.
- Adobe has detailed resources on how to reset preferences for Acrobat Reader.
- Next, check if the application has any updates pending.
- Download and install the updates and check for any improvements.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader comes with a built-in repair tool.
- Click on Help and select Repair Installation.
- Follow on-screen instructions to fix any installation-related issues.
3.1 Isolate the file-specific problem
- Check if the issue is occurring with a specific file. To do this, open another PDF document and proceed to print it.
- If the issue turns out to be file specific, do the following.
- Open the PDF file in Microsoft Word.
- Click Enable Editing button on top.
- Click File and select Save as.
- Select a folder to save the file.
- Click the drop-down menu for Save as type and select PDF.
- Click the Save button.
- Open the file in Acrobat Reader and check for any improvements.
The Printer error ioerror offending command image usually occurs due to printer disk problem or application related issues. Follow the steps in this article to fix this error and get your printer working.
If you are aware of another method that lets you fix the Printer error ioerror offending command image, tell us about it in the comments section below so that other users can use it as well.