How to Download KB2999226 for Windows 10/7 [Offline Installer]
Download missing update via Windows Update or manually
- KB299926 allows the desktop applications that use Windows 10 Universal CRT, a component of the Windows OS, to run on earlier Windows versions.
- This update is available and applies to Windows OSs from Windows Vista SP2 all the way up to Windows Server 2012 R2.
Missing updates can be a problem, and one update that many reported missing is KB2999226. Sometimes Windows Update isn’t showing, and we already wrote about this issue in one of our previous guides.
In today’s guide we’re going to show you how to properly download this update on your PC, so let’s get started.
What is KB2999226?
This is an update intended for older operating systems that brings the following improvements:
- Windows 10 Universal CRT – This update is intended for users that use game programming software and other development tools. With this update, older operating systems will be able to utilize Windows 10 Universal CRT functionality.
How do I download and install KB2999226 on Windows 10/7?
1. Use Windows Update
- Press the Windows key + I to open the Settings app. Next, go to Update & Security.
- If the update isn’t showing, click on Check for Updates.
- In case the update is still not listed, click on View optional updates and download it from there.
- Look for the update and select it to download it.
- Open Control Panel.
- Go to the System and Security section and then select Windows Update.
- Click on Check for updates.
- Wait for updates to install.
2. Download the update manually
- Open your browser and go to Microsoft download page.
- Locate the 64-bit or 32-bit version of Windows 7 and click Download the package now.
- Next, click on Download.
- Wait for the process to finish.
We hope that you found this guide helpful and that you manage to install the update. For more information, be sure to read our guide on how to update Windows 10 offline.
Comment down and let us know how easy it was to install the KB2999226 following our guide.
Still having issues? Fix them with this tool:
If the advices above haven't solved your issue, your PC may experience deeper Windows problems. We recommend downloading this PC Repair tool (rated Great on TrustPilot.com) to easily address them. After installation, simply click the Start Scan button and then press on Repair All.