More than a few League of Legends players have reported that the game doesn’t launch after selecting the Champion Select option. Whenever the user tries to load the game a pop-up appears with the reconnect button. This seems to be a common issue and has affected many players.
League of Legends is not starting after Champion Select
1. Reset Network Adapter
- Press Windows Key + R to open the Run Dialog box.
- Type cmd and press OK to open the Command Prompt.
- In the command prompt enter the following command and hit enter to execute.
netsh winsock reset
- This should reset the network adapter. Close the command prompt.
- Now launch League of Legends with Champion Select and check for any improvements.
2. Turn off Windows Firewall
- Type Firewall in the Cortana/search bar and click on Firewall and Network Protection option.
- Click on your currently active network.
- Now turn off “Windows Defender Firewall” by clicking on the toggle switch.
- If the User Account Control Prompts for a confirmation, click on Yes.
- Close the Settings window and launch League of Legends.
- Select Champion Select and check if the game launched without any issues.
- If the issue persists, try to turn off any other firewall that is enabled on your system.
3. Disable IPv6
- Go to Microsoft website for configuring IPv6 and its components.
- Click on the Download button for “Disable Ipv6 on non-tunnel interfaces (except the loopback) and on the IPv6 tunnel interfaces“.
- Run the MicrosoftEasyFix20170.mini.diagcab file.
- Click on the Next button when the EasyRepair window appears. The tool will disable IPv6 component on your system.
- Close the troubleshooter and launch League of Legends with Champion Select. Check if the game runs without any issues.
4. Change DNS Server
- Press Windows Key + R to open Run.
- Type control and press OK to open Control Panel.
- In the Control Panel, click on Network and Internet > Network and Sharing Center.
- From the right pane click on “Change Adapter Settings“.
- Right-click on your Network adapter and select Properties.
- In the Properties window, double-click on ” Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4)”
- Select “Use the following DNS server addresses” option.
- In the DNS server field enter the following digits:
Preferred DNS Server: 184.108.40.206
Alternate DNS Server: 220.127.116.11
- Click OK to save the changes. Close the Control Panel windows.
- Now try to launch League of Legends with Champions Select and check for any improvements.
RELATED STORIES YOU MAY LIKE: