- If your League of Legends game won't load after Champion select, there is a connection problem.
- You can easily get rid of the LoL black screen after Champion select by resetting the network adapter.
- Some suggested that turning off your windows firewall will quickly fix this connection issue.
- One other fix to your League of Legends game problem is installing a third-party restore app.
More than a few League of Legends players have reported that their League of Legends game doesn’t start after Champion select.
Whenever the user tries to load the game a pop-up appears with the reconnect button. This seems to be a common issue and has affected many players.
Not only this is issue problematic for the one who suffers from it, but it will also ruin the game for his teammates and enemies, because the game is unplayable if one person is missing.
League of Legends is not starting after Champion Select
1. Reset the Network Adapter
- Press Windows Key + R to open the Run Dialog box.
- Type cmd and press OK to open the Command Prompt.
- In the command prompt enter the following command and hit enter to execute:
netsh winsock reset
- This should reset the network adapter.
- Close the command prompt.
- Now launch League of Legends with Champion Select and check for any improvements.
2. Turn off the Windows Firewall
- Type Firewall in the Cortana/search bar and click on Firewall and Network Protection option.
- Click on your currently active network.
- Now turn off the Windows Defender Firewall by clicking on the toggle switch.
- If the User Account Control prompts for a confirmation, click on Yes.
- Close the Settings window and launch League of Legends.
- Select Champion Select and check if the game launched without any issues.
- If the issue persists, try to turn off any other firewall that is enabled on your system.
3. Use a third-party app
One other cause to such a problem is incompatible or outdated drivers. You should always try to get the latest drivers for all of your hardware and software when available.
The program will scan your PC’s components and apps for new drivers and install them for you. The process is almost automated, you only need to click a couple of times to confirm.
Big-time gaming can be done without crashes, lags or freezes by keeping all drivers up to date and error-free. Manual checks are hard to perform, that’s why we recommend using an automate assistant that will scan for fresh driver versions daily. Here is how to use it:
- Download and install DriverFix.
- Launch the software.
- Wait for the newly installed app to detect all your PC’s faulty drivers.
- You will be presented with a list of all the drivers that have issues, and you can choose the ones that you want to fix.
- Wait for the driver download and fixing process to complete.
- Restart your PC for the changes to take effect.
Do not let a bad driver interfere with your games and installed software. Use DriverFix today and run them without a single issue.
Disclaimer: this program needs to be upgraded from the free version in order to perform some specific actions.
4. Disable IPv6
- Go to Microsoft’s website for configuring IPv6 and its components.
- Click on the Download button for Disable Ipv6 on non-tunnel interfaces (except the loopback) and on the IPv6 tunnel interfaces.
- Run the MicrosoftEasyFix20170.mini.diagcab file.
- Click on the Next button when the EasyRepair window appears.
- The tool will disable IPv6 component on your system.
- Close the troubleshooter and launch League of Legends.
- Check if the game runs without any issues.
5. Change DNS Server
- Press Windows Key + R to open Run.
- Type control and press OK to open Control Panel.
- In the Control Panel, click on Network and Internet > Network and Sharing Center.
- From the right pane click on Change Adapter Settings.
- Right-click on your Network adapter and select Properties.
- In the Properties window, double-click on Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4).
- Select Use the following DNS server addresses option.
- In the DNS server field enter the following digits:
Preferred DNS Server: 220.127.116.11
Alternate DNS Server: 18.104.22.168
- Click OK to save the changes.
- Close the Control Panel windows.
- Now try to launch League of Legends and check for any improvements.
That concludes our article today. We hope these solutions fixed your League of Legends game not starting after Champion select problem. Feel free to give us any feedback regarding the subject in the comment section below.