What is League of Legends?
League of Legends (often abbreviated as LoL) is a multiplayer online battle arena (MOBA) video game developed and published by Riot Games. It is currently only available as a PC game, although a console and mobile version are in the works.
Players assume control of an avatar (aka a champion) from a roster of over 100, and they band together with other team-mates in matches to defeat their opponents.
Depending on the game mode, teams can be made up of 3 or 5 players, and the main objective is to destroy the opposing team’s main building (aka the Nexus).
⚔️ What can you do in League of Legends?
All matches start off pretty much the same:
- Players choose a lane where they will remain and battle skirmishes with their opponents.
- They gather gold by either destroying enemy minions and opposing champions.
- They buy items and potions to improve their champion’s attributes
- They proceed to destroy the defensive towers down the opposing lanes while trying to defend their own
- They participate in large-scale team fights
- Finally, they destroy the enemy Nexus, thereby effectively winning the match.
❓ How can I improve my experience playing League of Legends?
Since League of Legends is effectively a multiplayer game, a stable Internet connection is a big plus if you want to make sure that nothing unexpected interferes with your game.
However, many of these can be avoided by using dedicated VPNs, such as the ones described below:
Of course, FPS is equally important, especially during team fights, so a solid gaming PC can also help you achieve better framerates without having to set your Video Settings to Minimum.
Here are some of the best hardware choices if you want to play League of Legends like a professional:
- 🖥️ Best gaming PCs
- 💻 Best gaming mice
- 🖱️ Best gaming laptops
- 🎧 Best gaming headsets
- ⌨️ Best gaming keyboards
🔧 What are the main League of Legends issues reported by players?
With millions upon millions of players taking part in matches every single day, it is not hard to imagine that errors and issues can sometimes be found, some more often than others.
That being said, here are some of the most common League of Legends errors that we’ve covered:
- League of Legends dual monitor issues
- League of Legends sound not working
- Critical error in League of Legends
- League of Legends DirectX errors
- League of Legends crashes
If you like knowing how to play League of Legends, finding out how to fix the most common errors and issues, or you just want to find out the latest of what is happening with the game, then head over to our website’s dedicated Gaming section and you’ll find everything there!