Are you the administrator of your computer and it is still giving you the error message that you need to login with administrator privileges? Read this article to find out how to fix this issue.
Why is this happening?
Typically, this error occurs because Windows doesn’t usually run programs with administrator privileges.
How to fix the Administrator Privileges error
There are a few ways to fix this error. Try some of the following fixes.
Run the program with Administrator Privileges
One way to get this error to disappear, is to change the properties in the program to run with administrator privileges. This typically works when the error is popping up in one particular program.
To do this fix, perform the following tasks:
- Navigate to the program that is giving the error
- Right Click on the program’s icon
- Select Properties on the menu
- Click on Shortcut
- Click on Advanced
- Click on the box that says Run As Administrator
- Click on Apply
- Try opening the program again
How to enable the elevated Administrator account
To enable the elevated administrator account in the command prompt, complete the following steps:
- Ensure that the computer is logged in as the Administrator
- Press the Windows Button and X simultaneously to access the Win X Menu
- Select Command Prompt Admin
- Click in the Search Box on the Task Menu
- Type Task Manager
- Click on More Details
- Click on File
- Select Run New Task
- Type Cmd
- Click on the box beside Create this task with Administrative Privileges
- Click on OK
- In the Command Prompt enter the following Command
- net user Administrator /active:yes
To enable the Elevated Administrator Account from PowerShell, perform the following tasks:
- Press the Windows Key and the X Key Simultaneously to access the Win X Menu
- Click in the Search Box on the Task Bar
- Type PowerShell
- Right Click on the Program
- Select Run As Administrator
- In the PowerShell type the following command
If all else fails
If you’ve tried everything and you’ve failed to get rid of the error message it could be time to seek the help of a professional or roll back to a different version of Windows.
If this error is occurring in a game or a program, ensure that the program is compatible with the version of Windows that you are using. If you’re having compatibility issues use the Windows Compatibility Troubleshooter to help you with this issue.
RELATED STORIES YOU NEED TO CHECK OUT:
- Fix: “Your Administrator Has Blocked This Program” in Windows 10
- Fix: Windows 10 is stuck on Welcome screen
- NetCrunch Tools for Windows helps network administrators perform daily tasks