Minecraft Windows 10/11 code already redeemed error [FULL FIX]
A great number of Minecraft players have reported that when they try to redeem their Minecraft Windows 10 code, an error message appears saying Minecraft Windows 10 code already redeemed. This issue happens in cases in which the user has forgotten the account that he/she used to redeem the code, or, in some cases, people that never used the redeem code.
Here’s how one user on Reddit described this issue:
I’m getting back into this game and I thought I would get the free Windows 10 version from previously buying the Java version however, it says the code has already been redeemed?There is no possibility I could’ve redeemed the code as I only have one Microsoft account and I have checked the purchasing history and it is empty. Does anybody know what to do? Who do I contact about this?
This issue has caused a lot of frustration amongst Minecraft players, with endless forum pages discussions about how to fix this issue once and for all.
In case you find yourself in the same situation, please follow the steps in this article to fix the problem and get back to playing Minecraft fast.
Here’s how to fix the Minecraft Windows 10 code already redeemed error message
1. Redeem your code this way
- Login to Windows 10 with the Microsoft account you used to buy Minecraft.
- Open Microsoft Store -> search for Minecraft Windows 10 Edition.
- Click the button ‘Get this app’.
- Select ‘Buy’.
- Type in the email address and password that you used to buy Minecraft.
- Windows Store will recognize that you already own this game, and will start downloading.
- After the download and installation process are completed, you can start playing again.
Got problems with corrupt chunks in Minecraft? Fix them now!
2. Contact official support
- Login to Mojang.com.
- Search for ‘Minecraft: Windows 10 Edition’ and see if the code is marked as being already claimed by checking the date.
- If the game is not listed there, you need to contact Mojang Support.
- If the game is listed, it means that you redeemed your code with a Microsoft account. When you redeemed the code, you used a specific account that has the code connected to it.
- Go to Microsoft official website, log into that same account, and check under ‘Recent purchases’.
- If you can’t find the game in that list, it means you used another Microsoft account to claim it.
- In case you don’t know which account you used, you should contact Xbox support.
- They will be able to tell you to what account you redeemed the code to.
In this article, we explored some of the best ways to deal with the issue caused by Minecraft Windows 10 edition code that seemed to be already redeemed.
We hope this guide helped you solve this issue. Please feel free to let us know if it did by using the comment section below.
- Twitch could not verify Minecraft version [EXPERT GUIDE]
- How to fix Minecraft no internet connection errors on PC
- How to fix Minecraft crashes in Windows 10, 8, or 7