- OneDrive is one of the biggest cloud storage services, and it's developed by Microsoft.
- However feature-rich it may be, it lacks features that facilitate data transfer between accounts.
- The article below will show you two methods through which you can transfer data.
- One is free, but takes a lot of time, while one is not free, but completely changes how you handle OneDrive content.
Cloud storage services are very popular nowadays, since with just a small subscription and Internet access you cans tore all of your personal data in a safe and secure manner without wasting local storage.
Because the market is so profitable, there are many cloud storage providers out there, one of them being OneDrive from Microsoft.
However, there may be times when you need to transfer large amounts of data from one account to another, and that isn’t as easy as it sounds.
In fact, this is quite a common topic on many Microsoft forums:
A year ago, I changed my internet supplier. My files continue to accumulate on the old one drive. I saved the new one, but they did not go there.
Microsoft recommends that I transfer my files from one to the other. How?
That’s precisely why we’ve created this guide where we will be detailing how you can easily move files from one OneDrive account to another.
How do I transfer files from one OneDrive to another?
1. Download and upload the files manually
- Sign into both OneDrive accounts.
- You can log on from the same PC, and the same browser, as long as you connect with different accounts using 2 different tabs.
- Create a folder for each OneDrive account using a unique name where the downloaded data will be stored
- Use the flow template to alter the folder’s name in the first account, as well as the name of the folder in the second account.
- Save the flow template.
- Test the folders by copying data between them to see if it gets transferred properly or not
- Select the files you want to migrate to the second account
- The files will automatically be transferred to the second account’s folder
The method described above is the only way to manually transfer data manually between two different OneDrive accounts.
While the procedure isn’t hard at all, it is very time consuming.
2. Use third-party migration tools
Because we live in a time where speed is everything, using manual methods just doesn’t cut it anymore, so third-party migration tool become your best alternative.
In the case of migrating data between OneDrive accounts, there are tools that cover that as well, and they guarantee OneDrive account security, flawless transfers, and easy setups.
One such tool is Wondershare InClowdz, a cloud migration and management tool that facilitates the transfer of data between OneDrive accounts easily, and not just that.
It simplifies the data transfer process by making everything available at just one click away, and it doesn’t just specialize in OneDrie, since it also supports services like Google Drive, OneDrive, Dropbox, Box, and Amazon S3.
By logging into Wondershare InClowdz using the accounts from two different services, transfers will be done instantly, especially since it also comes with a platform that centralizes all of your cloud storage services into one place.
Wondershare InClowdzOneDrive data migration has never been easier, and Wondershare InClowdz makes things all the more easier.
Here’s how you can use this tool to migrate data easily between OneDrive accounts:
- Go to the Wondershare InClowdz website.
- Sign in or create a new account.
- Download the Wondershare InClowdz application.
- Install and log in to the app.
- Select the Migrate option.
- Add and authorize the two different OneDrive accounts.
- Select the files you want to transfer, and select Migrate.
Just like that, your files will be moved to your new OneDrive account seamlessly.
That pretty much wraps up the two methods through which you can transfer data between OneDrive accounts easily.
While one method is free but time-consuming, one will save you a whole lot of time, make could service management easier, and all at a very low price. That being said, it is up to you to choose precisely which methods you should use.
What method do you think is most effective? Let us know by listing your preferred choice in the comments section below.