- Many users have reported MSI Afterburner error code 22. This mainly occurs due to some error in the Task Scheduler.
- The error can prevent your PC from auto shut down and you'll have to manually end the MSI Afterburner process.
- One of our recommendations includes running a quick SFC scan. Do not hesitate to apply the steps detailed below.
MSI or Micro-Star International is a world-leading gaming laptop brand. Most MSI gaming laptops offer impressive specs and powerful video cards capable of handling the most power-hungry games.
But recently, many users have complained about MSI afterburner error code 22. The entire error message reads CTaskSchedulerinterface::AddTask failed with error code -22!
If that’s something you’re having trouble with, read this post to learn how to fix it.
What is Error Code 22 on MSI Afterburner?
MSI Afterburner is the most popular graphics card program, as we all know. It is trustworthy, works on any card, and provides total control over the hardware in real-time.
The MSI afterburner error code 22 occurs mainly due to some error in the Task Scheduler. This can prevent your PC from auto shut down, and you’ll have to manually click to end the MSI afterburner process to shut down properly.
How can I fix AddTask failed with error code -22?
1. Run a quick SFC scan
- Click on Start, search for Command Prompt and select Run as Administrator.
- Type the following command and hit Enter:
- Restart your device once done and check if the MSI afterburner error code 22 is resolved.
Is the System File Checker not working on your device? If yes, read our guide to fix it.
2. Run a DISM scan
- Click on Start, search for Command Prompt, and select Run as Administrator.
- Type the following commands one by one and hit Enter:
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
- Restart your device and check if the error message still appears.
System image corruptions are also known to cause MSI afterburner error code 22. Running a DISM Scan will find and repair system image corruptions.
Several users complain about the fact that they are unable to run the DISM scan. Rest assured that our guide shows you what to do if that happens.
3. Use the Registry Editor
- Click Windows key + R to open the Run dialog box.
- Type regedit and hit Enter.
- Once the Registry Editor opens, navigate to the following path:
- Double click on Start in the right-pane.
- Type 2 in the Value Data field and click OK to save the changes.
This was how to fix the error code 22 in MSI Afterburner, and we hope our solutions helped you solve this issue.
If the troubleshooting methods didn’t solve this error, try reinstalling Windows. If you still have issues, feel free to drop a comment below.