- The msvcr110.dll is missing in Windows 11 error occurs when that file has become inaccessible for programs that need it.
- Scanning with Windows 11’s built-in file scanner utility might fix the msvcr110.dll is missing error.
- Some users need to install Visual C++ packages or DirectX runtime libraries to resolve this issue.
Msvcr110.dll is a DLL (Dynamic Link Library) file associated with Microsoft Visual C++ packages. This is a file needed by software developed with Visual C++. Some games won’t run if the msvcr110.dll file is missing in Windows 11.
Users told us about numerous msvcr110.dll error messages over the years. It wasn’t an entirely uncommon Windows 10 issue.
That same error can now arise in Windows 11 when some users try to run certain software. The full error message states as follows: The code execution cannot proceed because msvcr110 DLL was not found.
DLL error messages can vary. However, the various msvcr110.dll missing errors typically occur when users try to start the software. As a consequence, users can’t play games or utilize other types of software for which the issue arises.
Why is msvcr110 dll missing?
The msvcr110.dll is a missing issue that arises because something has happened to the DLL file referenced within the error message.
The msvcr110.dll file needed by certain software has become inaccessible. That could mean it has been erased or the file is corrupted in some way.
So, to correct this error, we must restore an msvcr110.dll file within Windows 11. There are various ways you can feasibly do that.
Where is msvcr110 dll located?
The msvcr110.dll file is an essential component of the Visual C++ software that is installed on your computer. This file can often be found in the folder that is found at C:\Windows\System32.
How we test, review and rate?
We have worked for the past 6 months on building a new review system on how we produce content. Using it, we have subsequently redone most of our articles to provide actual hands-on expertise on the guides we made.
For more details you can read how we test, review, and rate at WindowsReport.
Without further ado, let’s jump into the list of solutions that you can implement if msvcr110.dll is missing in Windows 11. Keep on reading!
How can I fix the msvcr110.dll is missing error on Windows 11?
1. Use a PC repairing software
There are different methods to resolve .dll errors, those manual solution can require certain technical knowledge and sometimes are time-consuming. So, we have a quicker and faster solution: using a specialized tool.
By using a full PC repair solution that can fix any DLL file errors, you can detect any missing ones and installing them automatically. So, follow the next steps below to proceed with it:
- Download Fortect and install it on your PC.
- Launch the program to start scanning.
- Click Yes on the next prompted window.
- The scanning process will go on for around 5 minutes.
- After that, click on Start Repair to solve the problems.
Once the software is done the error msvcr110.dll for Windows 11 64-bit should be solved.
FortectTry out this system optimization tool that helps you replace missing or damaged DLL files in seconds.
2. Check for Windows Updates
- Open the Start menu from the taskbar, and select its pinned Settings app.
- Select the Windows Update. If there are optional updates listed there, click the Download & Install buttons for them.
- Select the Check for updates option to install other available updates. The msvcr110.dll missing wamp error will be solved.
3. Check your Recycle Bin
- Click the Recycle Bin icon on your desktop.
- Type msvcr110.dll in the Recycle Bin’s search box.
- If your search finds the file, right-click msvcr110.dll and select the Undo Delete option for it.
4. Run a System File Checker scan
- To open the search tool, click the magnifying glass icon on the taskbar.
- Input the keyword cmd in the search tool’s text box.
- Click Run as administrator for the Command Prompt search result.
- Then input this Deployment Image Servicing command and hit Enter:
DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
- Next, run the system file scan by entering this command and pressing Enter:
- Wait for the scan to do its stuff and display an outcome.
5. Run an antivirus scan
- Press Windows then type Windows Security and open the top result.
- Select the Virus and threat protection tab on the left side followed by Scan options on the right side.
- Select the radio button for the Full scan option.
- Press the Scan now button.
Alternatively, you can obliterate malware with third-party tools like Malwarebytes. Note that it has a freeware version you can scan your PC with.
6. Install Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable Update
- Open the download page for Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable Update package in a browser and click the Download button on that webpage.
- Select a vc_redist.x64.exe (64-bit) or vc_redist.x86.exe (32-bit) download option depending on your system architecture.
- After downloading the package, launch File Explorer by pressing the Windows and E keys simultaneously.
- Open the folder that includes Visual C++ you just downloaded.
- Click the downloaded Visual C++ package to open the installer.
- Select the I agree checkbox and press the Install button.
7. Install DirectX Runtime Libraries
- Open the DirectX End-User Runtime Web Installer page within a web browser and click the Download option.
- Bring up File Explorer’s window by pressing Windows + E, and open the folder that includes the downloaded dxwebsetup.exe file.
- Then click dxwebsetup.exe to open the DirectX setup wizard.
- Select the I accept radio button.
- Restart Windows after installing the runtime components.
8. Reinstall software the msvcr110.dll error arises for
- Right-click the Start button and select Run.
- Type this text into Run’s open box and press Enter:
- Select the software you need to fix the msvcr110.dll is missing error for within Programs and Features. Click the Uninstall option for your selected software.
- After removing the software, click the Power and Restart options on Windows 11’s Start menu.
- Then reinstall the latest version of the software you just uninstalled.
9. Roll back Windows 11
- First, launch Run with the Windows key + R hotkey that opens it.
- To bring up System Restore, type in this command and click OK:
- Select the Choose a different restore point radio button (if it’s available), and click Next to proceed.
- If there are a few restore points available, you can select a Show more restore points checkbox. Select that checkbox to view all restore points.
- Choose a restore point that will roll Windows 11 back to a date that predates the MSVCR110.dll is missing error on your PC. Alternatively, select the oldest restore point available.
- Click Next to continue to the confirmation step.
- Press the Finish button to start the system restoration.
How do I install msvcr110 dll on Windows 11?
If certain DLL files are missing from your copy of Windows 11, or if those files have been accidentally changed or destroyed, you will need to replace them with a fresh copy of the original file.
Running Windows Update on a regular basis is the most effective method for ensuring that all of your essential software components have been updated to their most recent versions, and that no DLL file is left behind.
To install msvcr110.dll on your PC, utilize a tool that has a database of hundreds of thousands of DLL files that operates by scanning your computer for DLL files that are either missing or damaged and replacing them with new versions of those files.
You can do this by using one of the best DLL repair software that we have mentioned in the guide linked.
For more ways to download DLL files on your PC, check out our post on what to do if Windows 11 is missing DLL files.
Should I download msvcr110.dll from a DLL file website?
There are a wide variety of DLL repository websites you can download missing DLL files from. However, none of them are official sources for Windows system files.
Therefore, users are discouraged from downloading DLL files from such websites because they might be packed with malware.
However, that doesn’t necessarily mean there aren’t any reputable DLL repository websites. DLL-Files.com is one of the best-established ones many users download DLL files from and rate them more highly. However, the disclaimer on that site says this:
These files have not been tested for functionality or contamination. Many have been sent to us by visitors like yourself. Thus, we suggest that you do a virus scan using an up-to-date version of an anti-virus program (Such as Norton or McAfee). Please use at your own risk.
So, by DLL-Files.com’s admission, the DLL files available there haven’t been thoroughly checked. If you decide to download a missing msvcr110.dll from that website, make sure you run an antivirus scan for the folder you save it in.
At any rate, you probably won’t need to manually download msvcr110.dll files to fix this DLL error. The potential resolutions above will likely resolve the msvcr110.dll missing error in Windows 11 for most users.
If you still need another potential fix, resetting the platform, as outlined in our how to reset Windows 11 guide, will likely do the trick. However, you’ll need to reinstall all software that didn’t come pre-installed on your PC after resetting. So, that’s the very last resort.
Feel free to discuss fixing the msvcr110.dll missing error in the comments section below. There you can add any questions about that error and even share other potential resolutions for it.