The .dll system errors are quite frustrating as you can get the same in unfortunate moments and from unknown reasons. But most important, some DLL problems might even cause Windows 10, 8 crash issues and other malfunctions that can mess up your Windows system.
If you are currently experiencing Windows 8, Windows 8.1 or Windows 10 DLL errors and want to learn how to safely and easily troubleshoot your problems, don’t hesitate and check the guidelines from below, where I have detailed the most common solutions that can be applied when dealing with a .dll error alert. The tips from below are mainly compatible with Windows 8 and Windows 8.1 and Windows 10 systems, though you can also apply the same for Windows 7 or Windows Vista platforms.
Mostly, the DLL issues are appearing when installing new programs, software or apps or when trying to run a new game. Usually you are only dealing with incompatibility problems which can be addressed with a simple update, but in some situations you might even dealing with hardware errors or with registry issues. Anyway, try the steps from below in order to troubleshoot your Windows 8, 10 system and also check our previous tutorial on how to fix the x.live.dll protocol.
Fix any DLL Windows 8, 8.1, 10 Errors
- It’s important not to download DLL files from DLL download sources as you can end up in damaging your device – then you will have to reinstall your Windows 8, 10 system and you can lose all of your personal data.
- In some cases, you might have removed the DLL file without noticing it; in that matter check your Recycle Bin or use free, or paid file recovery program – you can use Recuva, Glary Undelete, Pandora Recovery and more.
- Your Windows 8 / Windows 8.1/ Windows 10 device might be infected, so the best will be to scan it with a dedicated software tool like antivirus or antimalware solutions. This can also address other issues from your computer, tablet or laptop.
- You can use the Windows 8, 10 System Restore feature in order to fix the DLL problems – you will take your Windows system to a safe state where everything worked without any kinds of issues.
- Try to uninstall and reinstall the programs or the software that is providing the .dll alert as it might fix your problems.
- Apply any Windows updates that are being available for your device and also update your hardware drivers in order to address any incompatibility malfunction.
- Open a command prompt window on your Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Windows 10 device and type sfc / scannow and then press enter. In this way you will be able to launch the System File Checker feature – on that matter also learn how to fix the chkdsk stuck issues.
- Repair .dll registry entries: If you’re experiencing .dll errors because the file location might have changed, you can fix this issue by repairing your .dll registry keys. The quickest way to do this is by running a reliable Registry cleaning software. For more information, you can check out this list of the best registry cleaning tools or Windows PCs.
If you’re looking for a good and reliable registry cleaner, we would have to recommend Wise Registry Cleaner. This tool is simple to use, and it will clean your registry and help you fix autorun.dll issues.
- Check your DVD drive: If your DVD drive is not working properly, this may explain why you’re getting .dll errors. So, make sure that your DVD drive is not affected by any issues. Some users reported they managed to fix .dll errors by reinstalling their DVD drive.
- If you can’t manage to pass through the DLL system errors then you might even have to try to install a clean Windows right from the start – do that only if the above mentioned solutions aren’t useful for you.
If you’re still having issues with .dll files on your PC, we strongly recommend you to download this tool (100% safe and tested by us) to fix various PC problems, such as missing or corrupted .dlls, but also file loss and malware.
Perfect; now you know how to safely and easily fix any Windows 8 and Windows 8.1, 10 DLL problems. Do use the comments field from below for sharing your thoughts with us and of course for telling us how things worked for you.
RELATED STORIES TO CHECK OUT:
- Full Fix: Rundll32.exe error in Windows 10, 8.1, 7
- SOLVED: Windows 10 logilda.dll error affecting Logitech mice
- Fix: DLL Files Missing from Your Windows 10 Computer
Editor’s Note: This post was originally published in April 2014 and has been since updated for freshness, and accuracy.