- If the Opera GX installer is not working on your computer, try to change its location.
- Before hitting the Install button, you can view optional settings and edit the directory.
- Also, find out whether Opera GX is compatible with Windows 11.
Many users have expressed dissatisfaction with Opera GX’s installer not working for no apparent reason. Although this error does not occur frequently, it may occur when you attempt to update or install the browser on your Windows 11 PC.
There are some instances whereby the installer simply lags for about 20 minutes, resulting in Opera GX being stuck on installing for the current user
In other instances, users have reported that after running the installer and waiting for it to load for an extended period of time, they receive an error message.
Unlike Opera, Opera GX can’t be downloaded offline. Thus, we will have to find another workaround. Follow along as we will show you how to troubleshoot things if Opera GX failed to install.
Does Opera GX work with Windows 11?
Yes, Opera GX is completely compatible with Windows 11 and works seamlessly. The best part, you shouldn’t encounter any errors on the latest iteration if you did earlier.
Also, with the plethora of features available, you can customize the browser for optimal performance depending on the task at hand.
Why can’t I install Opera GX?
In most cases, it’s a problem with the current user account when one can’t install opera GX. This includes misconfigured system settings or the presence of a conflicting program that’s preventing the installation.
Some PC issues are hard to tackle, especially when it comes to corrupted repositories or missing Windows files. If you are having troubles fixing an error, your system may be partially broken.
We recommend installing Restoro, a tool that will scan your machine and identify what the fault is.
Click here to download and start repairing.
Or it could be an issue with the installation path, changing which has worked for several users. Also, in some cases, the problem lies with the network settings or the network itself.
What can I do if the Opera GX installer is not working?
1. Change the folder directory
- Navigate to Opera GX’s webpage to get the browser and click on the Download button to do so.
- Once the executable file is downloaded, double-click on it to run it.
- Before hitting the Accept and Install button, click on Options.
- Here, click on Change next to Path in order to edit the directory in which you will save the browser and continue with the installation process.
2. Switch networks
Several users have reported that after changing their networks, they were able to download the gaming browser without any problems.
As a result, we recommend that you follow the same procedure to resolve the Opera GX installer not downloading problem.
To switch your networks, simply click on the WiFi icon from your Taskbar to open the Quick Settings menu and connect to a different network. Note that you may also use a hotspot connection to download the browser in case another network is not available.
3. Create a new user account
- Press Windows + I to launch the Settings app, and select Accounts from the tabs on the left.
- Click on Family & other users on the right.
- Click on Add account under Other users.
- Next, click I don’t have this person’s sign-in information.
- Now, click Add a user without a Microsoft account.
- Enter a name for the account and a password, though the latter is not mandatory for a Local Account, and then click on Next.
Now, restart your computer and sign in with the user account you just created. Once in, try downloading and installing Opera GX, and things should work out this time. Also, it would fix things if you cannot install Opera GX on top of the existing Opera installation.
Opera GX’s features function as advertised, and each one is relatively simple to use on its own. The sheer number of them, on the other hand, is truly impressive.
It’s more than a little overwhelming. Fortunately, you can usually access the same features in different sections, so you should eventually arrive at your destination no matter which path you choose. When in doubt, simply look in the Settings menu.
Also, do not forget to check our review of Opera GX. Besides, if you are already using the browser, find out the best Opera GX settings to optimize the gaming experience.
Was this guide helpful? Do let us know by leaving a comment in the section below. Also, if you have more solutions in mind, feel free to share them with us. Thanks for reading!