- If Opera GX not streaming on Discord, it's possible that the cause is one of your browser settings.
- Many reported that disabling the hardware acceleration helped with this issue.
- Using outdated browser and Discord can also be an issue, so make sure to keep them up to date.
Sometimes it’s necessary to share your browser window with others, but unfortunately, many reported that Opera GX is not streaming on Discord properly.
This can be an inconvenience, especially if other browsers are working properly and they allow you to share your screen without problems.
Luckily, there are a couple of methods that you can use to fix this problem, so be sure to keep on reading to find out how to properly fix this problem.
Why does Discord screen share have no audio while using Opera?
This issue may occur due to your graphics settings in the browser, so you need to make a few changes and modify a couple of default settings.
It’s also important to keep both your browser and Discord up to date if you want to avoid these types of problems in the future.
This isn’t the only problem, and many have reported static noise while streaming on Discord, however, there are ways to fix that.
What can I do if Opera GX is not streaming on Discord?
1. Change ANGLE graphics backend
- Open Opera GX.
- Navigate to
- In the search field enter angle.
- Now set the Choose ANGLE graphics backend to D3D9 or OpenGL.
- Restart your browser to apply the changes.
After doing that, check if the problem is resolved.
2. Install the latest version of the browser
If the problem is still there, perhaps it would be best to install the latest version of Opera GX. By doing so, you’ll repair the installation and fix any bugs that you may have encountered.
Opera GX is constantly developing and adding new features, so keeping your software up to date should be your priority. So go ahead, download the latest version from the developer’s website and check if that solves the issue.
3. Disable hardware acceleration
- Open Opera GX.
- Click the Opera icon in the top left corner and choose Settings from the menu.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click on Advanced.
- Locate the System section. Now disable Use hardware acceleration when available.
- Restart your browser and check if the problem is still there.
4. Use the Discord app instead of the web app
If you’re having issues streaming on Discord, make sure that you’re using the Discord software and not the web app.
Although the web app offers the same features, you might encounter issues if you try streaming or sharing your screen, therefore it’s advised to use the desktop app instead.
5. Disable extensions
- Click the Opera icon in the top left corner. Expand Extensions and select Extensions.
- Click the switch icon next to the extension you want to disable.
- Repeat this for all available extensions.
If disabling the extensions solves the problem, you need to enable extensions one by one until you find the cause of the problem.
Why is Discord not streaming my browser?
Most likely you need to change the graphics backend to D3D9 or OpenGL to fix this issue. For an unknown reason, the default setting causes problems with streaming.
Alternatively, disabling hardware acceleration can help with this issue, so make sure to try that as well.
If you have problems with Opera GX and streaming on Discord, following the instructions from this guide will surely help you fix the problem.
In case the problem is still there, you might want to visit our Discord live viewing not working in the browser guide for additional solutions.
Did you manage to fix this issue? Let us know which solution worked for you in the comments section below.