- There are several ways to fix Discord can't unmute browser and in this article, we will walk you through some of the easiest solutions.
- Making sure you are using an error-free and reliable browser is an important factor in ensuring Discord works perfectly.
- Checking the microphone access is yet another easy way to make sure that you can unmute Discord in your browser.
- We also recommend you check that you are using the correct output device in order to fix the Discord can't unmute browser issue.
When you are using Discord on your Windows 10 device and all of a sudden you cannot continue to communicate with your friends, can be very frustrating.
Occasionally, you may experience such issues where you can’t figure out why Discord can’t unmute from your browser.
Don’t worry though, we have looked out for ways to fix this issue easily and in this article, we will explore the exact steps we recommend you follow.
How can I fix Discord can’t unmute in my browser?
Use a different browser
If you are constantly facing issues with how your browser works, not only when using Discord, but with other apps as well, then perhaps using another one is a good idea.
In that matter, we have tasted the available options and we’d definitely recommend that you give Opera GX a try.
This browser was designed specifically for gaming enthusiasts with some incredibly useful features created with gaming in mind.
Thanks to the built-in features, such as search tab option, tab management, pop-up feature, snapshot tool, and many others you will feel an increased level of efficiency.
Moreover, with the available free VPN that Opera GX offers, you get unlimited bandwidth, and at the same time you can rest assured that your privacy is protected.
Use this reliable and error free browser for an interrupted experience with Discord and other apps you are currently using.
2. Check the site settings
- Open your browser and go to Settings.
- Go to Privacy and security and click on Site settings.
- Next, in the Site settings option select Microphone.
- Find Discord in the drop-down and click on the Trashcan to delete it.
- Now, go to the Discord app and unmute the microphone.
- Click Allow when prompted.
3. Check the microphone access
- Go to Windows Settings and select Privacy.
- Scroll down and under App Permissions click on Microphone.
- In the right section, under Allow apps to access your microphone toggle the switch to on.
4. Use the correct Output Device
- Open Discord and click on User Settings.
- In the left menu choose Voice & Video.
- Under the Output device, choose your preferred device and make sure that the output volume is not 0.
These are the steps we recommend you take in order to fix not being able to unmute Discord in your browser.
Please let us know in the comments section below which of the proposed solution worked best for you, we’d love to hear it.