Printer won’t stay connected to Wi-Fi [EXPERT FIX]
In case you found yourself asking Why won’t my printer stay connected to Wi-Fi, you are not the only one going through this process. It seems that this issue is extremely common, and happens on a variety of printer brands, computers, and Wi-Fi speeds.
This issue can be extremely infuriating, as the reason for which people buy a Wi-Fi printer is to use it wirelessly no matter the distance from the actual router.
For these reasons, in today’s article, we will explore some of the best troubleshooting methods to try and solve this issue once and for all. Read on to find out how.
What to do if your printer isn’t staying connected to Wi-Fi network?
- Having your Wi-fi printer connected through a surge protector to the outlet is not a good idea.
- The printer might not have enough power to maintain the connection to your Wi-Fi network, and this might be causing the issue.
- Temporarily disable your antivirus and firewall.
- Now check if the problem is resolved.
- If that fixes the problem, you might have to readjust your antivirus/firewall settings.
3. Disable Bluetooth and other interference
- Right-click the Bluetooth icon in your taskbar -> select Open settings.
- Inside the settings window, toggle the Bluetooth button to Off.
- Disable the IPV6 service inside your printer. (steps for this will vary depending on your printer make and model)
4. Run SFC command to scan and repair system files on your PC
- Press Win+X keys -> select PowerShell (Admin).
- Inside the PowerShell -> type sfc /scannow -> press Enter to run the command.
- Wait for the process to complete -> Restart your PC -> try to see if the issue is solved.
5. Run DISM command
- Press Win+X keys -> open PowerShell (Admin).
- Type DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth -> press Enter.
- Check to see if the issue persists.
We would love to know if this guide helped you solve the problem with your printer and Wi-Fi. Please let us know by using the comment section below.
- Windows 10 can’t find Wi-Fi adapter: 7 quick fixes to use
- How to protect your Windows 10 device on public Wi-Fi network
- Printer is in use by another computer error [ULTIMATE GUIDE]
There’s no denying that Power BI offers a lot of features. Still, many users need even more functions. For example, people want to disable all […]
If you find that SharePoint keeps asking you for your password whenever you try to use it, you are not the only one encountering this […]