Screen mirroring software allows you to project (mirror) screen content. What you can see on your smartphone, tablet or computer and show it on your TV screen, projector, or external monitor without the use of a cable. The TV or projector will present you with the exact replica of your computer or mobile device in real-time, reproducing any movement.
Unlike our home mirrors, screen mirroring will not flip the image horizontally. An easier way to understand mirroring is by thinking of copying.
Screen mirroring requires software to be running on both the device you want to send content from and for the receiving hardware.
In this article, we will explore the best options regarding screen mirroring software. The information presented here will help you make the appropriate choice to fit your needs.
ApowerMirror (also known as Apowersoft Phone Mirror) is a desktop program that can mirror the screen of your Chromecast compatible Android device to a PC in just a few steps.
Using this tool allows you to stream videos, photos and any other media from your cell phone to a larger screen. It even supports utilizing the mouse and keyboard to control your Android phone from the computer for an easier typing and clicking experience.
It can be used to play all kinds of Android games (without needing to root your device), stream video, photos, and other media files, send instant messages and to manage various apps.
ApowerMirror also allows you to receive notifications directly on your Windows 10 PC including the option to choose from both a Full-Screen mode and Landscape mode for a more personalized experience.
The screen mirroring software tool has the capability to connect to your phone through both USB cable and WiFi. To use it as a wireless display you want to make sure both your PC and phone are connected to the same wireless network.
ApowerMirror is a desktop program that can mirror the screen of your Chromecast compatible Android device to a PC in just a few steps.
This software can be useful in a variety of situations:
- Office – presenting files to every member
- Classroom – share content with the entire class at once
- Live – show yourself to a larger audience easily
- Home – enjoy media with your entire family
- The free version of ApowerMirror allows you to control your Android device with
- your PC mouse and keyboard, take screenshots and sync app data.
The Personal Version of the ApowerMirror program removes the watermarks from the free version for a better-looking presentation. The commercial version has all the capabilities of the free and personal version but is designed for commercial use (corporate/companies).
The Apowersoft official page gives you the option to research freely an elaborate Faq’s page and guides to help you navigate the software easily and tailor the experience specifically to your needs.
You can find information on how to use ApowerMirror desktop program on the tool’s official website as well as a guide explaining how to use the Android App.
- Download ApowerMirror (Trial version)
TeamViewer is one of the most popular screen mirroring apps used mainly for diagnostic purposes. You can also use it to mirror desktops and other mobile devices if needed.
TeamViewer key features:
- User-friendly interface
- Supports HD video and sound transmission
- It supports 256-bit AES encryption
- It supports files transfers from both devices
- Free to use for individual use
- Various payment options for businesses are available
- It allows connections across multiple platforms – PC to PC, mobile to PC, PC to mobile and mobile to mobile
This software from NCH is one of the best options the market has to offer when it comes to screen broadcasting software because of its intuitive and user-friendly interface.
ScreenStream is the modern equivalent of an overhead projector, allowing others to watch your screen from their own computers over the network or the internet, and it’s completely free.
Unfortunately, NCH ScreenStream is not directly compatible with Windows 10 operating systems but we have a quick fix for you that allows you to install it nonetheless.
Steps to use NCH ScreenStream on Windows 10
- First, you want to download the software normally then right-click on the installer and choose ‘troubleshoot compatibility‘.
- Windows will open the ‘Program Compatibility Troubleshooter’ screen and all you have to do is click on ‘Try recommended settings’. This will set the compatibility mode to Windows Vista (Service Pack 2) automatically.
- You can then click on ‘Test the program‘ button and the installer will start.
- In order for NCH ScreenStream to automatically configure your network, your router needs to support UPnP. If that’s not the case, you can manually set up the IP address and TCP/IP port.
When you turn on screen sharing, any user that has the link (and optional access code) can easily view your screen directly from their internet browser without the need to install any additional software. This makes ScreenStream one of the easiest options to set up and use.
To stop sharing your screen, you can easily open ScreenStream and click the turn-off button.
ScreenStream key features:
- Very simple user interface
- Runs in the background and captures your screen while in any other program
- The image can be viewed by anyone with using an ordinary web browser (from any type of computer)
- Setting a secure connection using the optional access code feature
- It supports the option to share audio in order for others to hear you present/speak
- The number of viewers is only limited by the size of your bandwidth
- You can install and run it in minutes.
Chrome Remote Desktop
Chrome Remote Desktop is a free desktop program from Google that runs as an extension paired with the Chrome web browser. This is one of the most popular screen mirroring apps for Windows 10.
Chrome Remote Desktop lets you look at your computer desktop using your mobile device and works on any computer with Google Chrome browser support.
This app is free with no in-app purchases whatsoever.
Chrome Remote Desktop key features:
- Quick install
- Supports multiple monitors
- Works with different operating systems
- You can use it in full-screen mode
- Works even when the host user is logged off
Reflector 3 is a mirror software for Windows 10 which enables you to mirror content to a big screen with an easy setup. With its newly designed interface made specifically for modern operating systems, Reflector 3 has been upgraded and is rewritten for stability and performance.
This app is also a wireless mirroring and streaming receiver compatible with most devices. One of it’s most important features is the ability to mirror multiple devices at once.
It automatically adjusts the layout in order for the screens to be displayed proportionately. This feature is ideal for side-by-side comparisons in collaborative environments.
Reflector 3 key features:
- Calling Android users
- Easily records any connected devices
- Live streaming – the ability to project your screen activities directly to YouTube
- Support for connections from Miracast devices
- Easy access to custom controls
- Full-resolution screenshots
- Screen previews – quickly see what’s on a screen before showing it to the audience
- Powerful screen-mirroring features
- Built into most Windows 10 devices – no need to install or use additional software
- Options to change frames, emphasize and hide or show devices from one central location
Reflector 3 also comes in a ‘Teacher‘ version, which is installed on the teacher’s computer. Other classroom devices can wirelessly connect to that computer, connect the teacher’s computer to a projector or external display and take advantage of its specialized education-focused features. Here are some of them:
- Connect and display multiple devices of any type at the same time.
- Allows teachers to teach from their mobile device and students to share from anywhere in the classroom.
- Educators decide when and how students share and display their work.
- Control center which allows easy management of all connected student devices.
Screen Stream Mirroring
In a similar manner to Reflector 3, Screen Stream Mirroring provides you with the option to live-stream your webcam videos to YouTube and Facebook and aids in creating efficient presentations for education, work or gaming purposes.
Screen Stream Mirroring key features:
- Live broadcasting to Twitch, Youtube, Facebook, Ustream, etc.
- Screen sharing with media player tools like VLC, OBS, etc.
- Mirroring with UPnP/DLNA devices like Smart Tv’s
- Chromecast compatible
- Internal audio and microphone streaming
- Recording MP4 or MKV video files
- Compatible with network tethering (Wi-fi, Bluetooth, USB)
- Secure stream with username + password (RTSP)
- Unlimited number of connections at the same time
We’ve seen what tools to use in order to mirror your Windows 10 computer screen to an external monitor or projector.
Now, let’s see what software to use in order to mirror your phone screen to your Windows computer screen.
If you ever wished you could have your phone’s interface displayed on the screen of your Windows 10 computer and easily check notifications, Vysor is a very effective tool.
Vysor by Koush is a Chrome extension that allows you to easily mirror your Android device screen to your computer.
The Android app of this software takes advantage of the Android Debug Bridge automatically set itself up.
In previous versions, the app had to be manually installed on your device via ADB which may discourage less-savvy users. Now you can easily download it on Google Play Store.
The app will direct you to the Chrome Store in order for you to download the partner app for your Windows 10 browser and then helps you through the process of pairing your Android device with Chrome through a USB cable.
For those of you who are looking for upper-end features, Vysor also comes in a Pro version that includes the ability to drag and drop files from one device to the other and also wireless capabilities.
Mobizen is a screen mirroring app designed for PC that allows you to stream Android phone screens to PC and easily transfer files between your smartphone and computer.
Mobizen offers you the capability to control your mobile devices freely using a mouse and keyboard and can connect via USB, Wi-Fi, 3G, or LTE. It doesn’t allow resizing of windows.
Mobizen key features:
- Real-time mirroring of your mobile device for gaming, instant messaging, etc.
- Screen recording without needing to root your device
- Effective for presentations with tools such as on-screen drawing
- Ability to receive all smartphone notifications on your PC
- Music and video streaming capabilities
- Drag-and-drop file transfer
- Access to call logs from PC
- No need for installation – it can be used directly from your web browser
You can download Mobizen for PC and Mobizen Mirroring app here.
Mirroring technology has made many forms of communication. It’s easy to record, share and stream content via Wi-Fi, Bluetooth or USB cable. And it becomes even easier with the right tools.
This article offers you the 8 best screen mirroring software options for Windows 10, whether you use an Android, iPhone, iPad, or other kind of device.
If you want to mirror your Android or iOS device screen to PC, ApowerMirror is your best choice. It’s suitable for both educational and business purposes.
Reflector 3 and Screen Stream Mirroring might be preferred by those of you who want easy access to screen sharing for YouTube and other online platforms.
NCH ScreenStream, Vysor, and TeamViewer offer you an easy-to-use path to mirroring and Mobizen helps you transfer files instantly between devices by dragging and dropping files easily.
How do I mirror my phone screen to my computer?
To mirror your phone screen to your computer, make sure that both devices are connected via Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, or USB cable. Install one of the software tools on this list and follow their instructions.
How to I mirror Android to PC?
You can use one of the screen mirror software tools on this list, like ApowerMirror, to easily mirror your Android to a PC.
How to I mirror iPhone to PC?
Just as easily. You can use one of the screen mirror software solutions we mentioned above to mirror your iPhone to PC in just a few steps.
RELATED POSTS TO CHECK OUT:
- New Windows 10 screen clipping tool supports multi-screen captures
- Fix: Screen is upside down in Windows 10
- Full Fix: DisplayLink Issues on Windows 10, 8.1, 7
Editor’s Note: This post was originally published in November 2018 and has been since completely revamped and updated in March 2020 for freshness, accuracy, and comprehensiveness.