- The taskbar in Windows 10 is fully customizable in terms of appearance, location, size, and more.
- In this article, we'll see how to show date in the taskbar in small icons, since this is a very popular topic among users.
- To learn more about the Windows 10 taskbar, take a look at our articles in our Windows 10 Taskbar section for more helpful guides.
- Our How-To Hub includes more tips and tricks about everything you'd want to know about your computer. Check it out now!
You’ve been changing some things to your computer, maybe even, installed a clean copy of your Windows 10, and now you want to have the dashboard showing all the essentials in the taskbar.
In the taskbar, you can arrange to see see the date and time, system icons, and programs running in the background.
The taskbar is customizable to your needs so that you can manage your calendar and access your favorite apps, all from one place. You can change its size, appearance, location on the screen, and combine buttons together.
Now, when it comes to preferences, different users want different options – some like a cleaner desktop, others want everything handy.
And while you can hide the taskbar, the topic of modifying the taskbar width and the size of the icons or displayed details is still a very hot one.
How can I show the date in the system tray in small icons?
- Right-click anywhere on the taskbar.
- From the menu, select Taskbar settings.
- In the settings windows, look for Use small taskbar buttons.
- Check the option and the taskbar icons will automatically change to small ones. This action is undoable, of course. And while you’re in the taskbar settings menu, you can also look around and adjust other features as you like.
After doing this, you can lock the taskbar back again to make sure that you won’t accidentally change something.
Note that by using this option you won’t be able to see the date anymore, but hovering the mouse over the time will show the date. By clicking on it, you can open the calendar.
We hope this guide has proven useful in your situation, and that you were able to customize the way your desktop on Windows 10 looks.
Should you have any useful recommendations on customizing the taskbar, feel free to use the comments section below.
Frequently Asked Questions
Use the Automatically hide the taskbar in desktop mode function in the taskbar settings. If you’re having issues with the taskbar, have a look at our Taskbar is not working guide.
In Windows 10, you can customize the taskbar’s appearance and features by going into the taskbar Settings menu.
By default, the taskbar should be visible on your desktop. If it isn’t, find out how to recover the taskbar in Windows 10.