- Skype is a great instant messaging app, but even great apps have certain issues.
- Some users reported that the auto sign-in option isn’t working properly on Windows 10.
- To fix this issue, check your Skype settings and make sure that the auto sign-in option is enabled.
- If you’re having additional problems with Skype, be sure to check our Skype hub where we post all sorts of useful guides.
Millions of Windows 10 users rely on Skype every day for communication, but it seems that they are having some issues with it. According to them, there are various problems available with Skype and auto sign in option on Windows 10.
How can I fix Skype auto sign in problems on Windows 10?
Skype is one of the most popular instant messenger services, however, issues with Skype can occur and prevent you from logging in. Speaking of issues, these are some of the most common problems that users reported:
- Skype auto login not working – According to users, sometimes this issue can occur due to your antivirus or firewall. To fix the issue, make sure that Skype is allowed through your firewall.
- Skype for Business not automatically signing in – This issue can occur in Business version of Skype, but most of our solutions can be applied to Business version as well, so feel free to try them.
- Skype auto sign in just keeps loading – According to users, sometimes Skype keeps loading while trying to sign in. If you have this problem, simply reinstall Skype and check if that solves the issue.
- Skype sign in error – There are various errors that can occur while trying to sign in to Skype. However, you should be able to fix these errors with one of our solutions.
1. Check your antivirus
Sometimes your antivirus can interfere with Skype and that can cause problems while signing in. To fix the issue, you need to disable certain antivirus features such as your firewall and check if that solves the problem.
If the issue still persists, you might have to temporarily disable your antivirus.
Sometimes disabling the antivirus won’t help, so you’ll need to uninstall your antivirus. If uninstalling the antivirus solves the problem, you should consider switching to a different antivirus solution.
If you’re using any antivirus solution and you want to completely remove it from your PC, be sure to check out this amazing list with the best uninstaller software you can use right now.
There are many great antivirus tools available, but the best are Bitdefender, Panda Antivirus, and Bullguard. All these tools offer great protection, so if you have any problems, feel free to try any of them.
2. Check the Skype options menu
- Start Skype.
- Go to Tools > Options.
- Locate Sign me in when Skype starts option and uncheck it if you want to disable this option or check it if you want to turn it on.
- After you’re done, click the Save button to save changes.
3. Use Sign in with Facebook option
According to users, the auto sign in button will appear on the main screen if you use Sign in with Facebook option.
Although this is a simple workaround, it won’t work if you don’t have a Facebook account or if your Skype isn’t connected to Facebook.
4. Reset all Skype settings
- Close Skype completely. If needed, close Skype from Task Manager.
- Press Windows Key + R and enter %appdata%. Click OK or press Enter.
- When Roaming folder opens, locate Skype folder and rename it to Skype.old.
- Press Windows Key + R and enter %temp%skype.
- Delete the DbTemp folder.
Try starting Skype again and check if the issue is resolved. Bear in mind that your chat logs will be deleted by using this solution, but you should be able to restore them from Skype.old folder if you need them.
Windows won’t end a task in Task Manager? Count on us to solve the problem.
5. Reinstall Skype
According to users, if Skype keeps auto signing in, you can fix that simply by reinstalling it. Users reported that after uninstalling and reinstalling the Skype application this problem was resolved, so be sure to give it a try.
There are several ways to uninstall an application, but usually, the best is to use uninstaller software. If you’re not familiar, uninstaller software is a special application that can easily remove any software from your PC.
In addition to removing the program, these tools will also remove all files and registry entries associated with it. This is perfect if you want to completely remove an application from your PC.
All these applications are simple to use, and they should be able to help you remove any application from your PC with ease.
If you need more info on how to uninstall Skype on Windows 10, check out this step-by-step guide.
Editor’s Note: This article continues on the next page.
Frequently Asked Questions
If Skype won’t automatically sign in, make sure that the auto sign-in option is enabled in Skype settings.
To stop Skype from starting automatically, set go to Settings > General and disable Automatically start Skype option.
To turn Skype off, locate the Skype icon in the system tray, right-click it and choose Quit Skype from the menu.
To remove Skype completely, go to Settings app > Apps. Select the version of Skype you want to remove and click the Uninstall button.