Acronis True Image 2020 is a software program you can download for Windows and Mac to backup data. It’s among the best backup software ever made.
All security experts recommend regularly backing up your computer in multiple locations, in order to make sure that you can recover all your precious files if you lose your data. Most people are happy with simply copying files from one part to another.
However, if you’re interested in complete control over the backup operation, especially when doing this frequently, then you can’t pass on the opportunity to test Acronis True Image. It’s a feature-rich data backup software solution, ideal for both casual and experienced experts.
Not only does Acronis True Image have meticulous backup settings, but it also comes with extra security tools, like safely running tests on your computer without having to worry about data corruption or malware infections.
Check out our Acronis True Image review below.
- Quick backups with elaborate settings
- Suitable for both beginners and experts
- The extra tools can be separately used from the Start menu
- A bit expensive
Acronis True Image 2020 system requirements
Considering that the setup file is pretty big, make sure that your system meets the following requirements before you download Acronis True Image 2020, particularly if you have a poor Internet connection:
- Processor: at least 1GHz Pentium (or equivalent)
- Memory: 1Gb or more RAM
- Storage: 3.5Gb of free HDD space for backup images
- Screen resolution: support for 1024 x 768 minimum
- OS: Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7 SP1, Home Server 2011
- File systems: NTFS, FAT32, FAT16, exFAT, Ext2, Ext3, Ext4, ReiserFS(3), Linux SWAP, HFS+, HFSX
- Other: mouse or another pointing device, Internet connection, admin privileges
How to install Acronis True Image
After you download Acronis True Image 2020, installing the application is surprisingly fast, especially when taking into account the large setup file. More surprising is that the installation folder takes a lower amount of space than the setup package.
When launching the software solution for the first time, you must create an Acronis account (for free) using your personal information and an email address. Email confirmation isn’t mandatory to activate the free trial. You only need it when purchasing the full edition of the program.
As far as the graphical interface is concerned, Acronis True Image 2020 does a great job keeping its options neatly organized in distinct categories, especially since it’s so feature-rich. You can access them in Backup, Archive, Tools, Active Protection, Account and Settings.
Acronis True Image free trial
Unfortunately, there’s no forever-free version of Acronis True Image 2020 to download. You can test most features for 31 days for free, but you can’t access some functions like cloning disks or notarizing files.
At the end of the free trial, you can either uninstall the program or purchase the full edition. If you go with the second option, you should know there are multiple payment plans available:
- Standard (one-time purchase, 1 PC)
- Full image backup
- Active disk cloning
- Quick recovery and universal restore
- Ransomware and crypto mining blocker
- Advanced (1-year subscription, 1 PC, 250 Gb free storage)
- All Standard features
- Replicate backups in the cloud
- Microsoft 365 backup
- Cloud backup and features
- End-to-end encryption
- Premium (1-year subscription, 1 PC, 1 Tb free storage)
- All Advanced features
- Blockchain certification of files
- Electronic signatures on files
If you want to use the program on more than 5 PCs for business and servers, you should check out Acronis Cyber Backup.
How to use Acronis True Image
- To create a backup, go to Backup and select your computer from the list.
- Click Select destination and specify where you want to save the backup (Acronis Cloud, external drive, custom location).
- Click Backup now and wait until the task is over.
What is Acronis True Image?
Acronis True Image 2020 is an excellent backup and recovery tool that can be used by both beginners and professionals. It comes with many advanced features that are intuitively organized in distinct sections of the graphical interface so that you can swiftly find out what they do and launch them.
If you get stuck at any step, you can always check out the thorough online help documentation, accessible from the Help section. There’s also a quick start guide. Acronis True Image 2020 is a great tool to create bootable USB, migrate Windows 7 to SSD, backup and recover the entire PC, and more.
FAQ: Learn more about Acronis True Image 2020
- What is Acronis True Image used for?
Acronis True Image is software you can download on Windows and Mac to perform a complete backup on your system. You can keep files safe, recover data quickly, create bootable USB, migrate Windows to another SSD or HDD, and more.
- Is Acronis True Image free?
Unfortunately, Acronis True Image isn’t free, as you must pay for a subscription/license in order to use it without restrictions. However, you can download and use a 30-day trial before deciding if you want to purchase a license or not.
- Can I run Acronis from USB?
Yes, it’s possible to run Acronis from USB using the Acronis True Image bootable media builder. Simply stick your USB flash drive into the PC, launch True Image, go to Tools, click Rescue Media Builder, and follow the on-screen instructions.
Overview of Acronis True Image features
- Full image backup: keep all your data safe by creating a mirror image of your whole hard drive, including OS, files, applications, drivers, and configuration settings
- Many backup modes: entire PC, disks and partitions, files and folders, mobile or cloud device, files to notarize
- Backup schemes: single version, version chain, incremental, differential, custom
- Backup destinations: save the backups on your local PC, external device, custom location, FTP or NAS connection, Acronis Cloud
- Notifications: get alerts on insufficient disk space or email notifications about the backup status
- Scheduled backups: instruct backups to run automatically on specified time and configure advanced settings like preventing the PC from hibernating
- Exclusions: add any files to the exclusion lists by name, extension, or full path to file or folder (including subfolders)
- Sector-by-sector backups: recommended when disks are corrupt or have an unsupported file system
- Backup splitting: cut backups into multiple parts by size to store them on external drives with limited disk space
- Multiple recovery modes: restore your entire system or extract the files you need and leave out the rest
- Active disk cloning: duplicate your currently running operating system, like Windows 10 backup, without having to shut down and reboot the computer
- Acronis Active Protection: block ransomware and cryptojacking with an AI system, as well as monitor processes with managed permissions
- Anywhere Access: sync all Acronis data to the cloud and easily access it on any device using a web interface
- Archive: move large and old files from your PC onto an external drive or Acronis Cloud to free up disk space
- Encryption: password-protect archives with 256-bit AES encryption
- Cloud storage: easily browse files that you archived and uploaded to Acronis Drive using a web browser, without having to unpack the archives
- Sync: keep your archives up to date by synchronizing files and folders, whether you stored them on Acronis Cloud or another PC running Acronis True Image
- Extra tools
- Rescue Media Builder: create a bootable media disc in simple or advanced mode to fix your system if it becomes unbootable
- Acronis Universal Restore: required before you begin recovery to dissimilar hardware
- Parallels Access: reach your PC remotely using Parallels Access on mobile device
- Try & Decide: create a safe environment for installing unsafe software and visiting untrusted sites without having to worry about getting infected with malware
- System Clean-up: remove Windows activity traces and securely wipe free disk space to protect your privacy
- Acronis Secure Zone: keep your backups safe in a hidden area of an existing partition
- Acronis DriveCleanser: securely wipe all data on a selected partition to make it unrecoverable, optionally remove partitions from the partition table or format the drives after wipe
- Third-party tools: additional utilities developed by the Acronis community, like a log viewer and custom WinPE-based media builder
- Free trial
- data backup, data recovery