Edraw Project is a business tool you can use to create Gantt charts to display scheduled projects and point out assigned team members. It’s made by the same team behind Edraw Max.
Gantt charts are excellent project management tools for illustrating tasks and resources. Using this kind of bar chart, you can showcase various activities and their relationship, along with their status.
If you’re looking for an easy-to-use Gantt chart maker for your team, then you should take a look at Edraw Project. It’s a software utility that gives you the possibility to create Gantt charts, manage and track projects, schedule tasks, allocate resources, and evaluate costs.
- Intuitive interface and options
- Create tasks and sources for Gantt charts
- Export charts to PDF or Excel format
- No fully-functional free version
The program is wrapped in a user-friendly interface and comes bundled with intuitive options for all types of users. You can install it on Windows, Mac, and Linux. Any Gantt charts you put together with Edraw Project can be printed or exported to PDF or Excel format.
Before reading our Edraw Project review, we suggest taking a look at its system prerequisites, setup operation, interface, set of features, and how-to-use steps.
Edraw Project system requirements
Make sure your system meets these conditions before downloading and installing Edraw Project:
- Processor: at least 1 GHz CPU
- Memory: 1 Gb or more RAM
- Disk space: around 800 Mb
- OS: Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista, XP, and even older (either 32-bit or 64-bit)
Edraw Project free trial
You can test Edraw Project during a 30-days free trial. However, during this time, the tool adds a watermark to all the output files. Furthermore, you can’t create more than 15 tasks. Once the trial expires, you can continue to use the application, but you can’t save files anymore.
If you want to lift all these restrictions and take advantage of the full feature set available, you have to buy Edraw Project. There are multiple buying plans up for grabs, depending on whether you’re interested in a single license, a multi-user license, or just to upgrade from a previous version.
Edraw Project installation
Edraw Project interface
When it comes to the graphical interface, Edraw Project opts for a simple and sophisticated look that perfectly imitates the Microsoft Office style. You can access various options from the ribbon bar, which is divided into Home, View, Reports, and Help.
Meanwhile, the main menu lets you create, save, export, or print files, as well as configure general preferences. Thanks to the fact that multiple tabs are supported by Edraw Project, you can keep two or more projects open at once and easily navigate them to make adjustments.
How to use Edraw Project
To create a simple Gantt chart with Edraw Project, here’s what you need to do:
- Start a new project and add tasks
- For each task, set the description, start and end time, duration, progress, and priority
- Click Edit Resources and add rows for each new resource
- For each row, set the resource description, maximum units, type, standard and overtime rate, cost per unit, group, email address, and notes
- Make sure to set the default currency unit
- Once you return to the list of tasks, select a task and the resources to allocate
- Go to the Reports tab if you want to check out the resource status, critical tasks, and others
- Print the chart or export it to PDF or Excel format from the File menu
A simple and intuitive Gantt chart maker
Taking everything into consideration, Edraw Project turns out to be a simple and intuitive Gantt chart maker that any individual can use to manage projects and resources within a team. It gives you the possibility to view various reports and to export charts to PDF or Excel file type.
We’ve noticed that Edraw Project doesn’t hog system resources, so you shouldn’t have to worry about computer performance issues, even if you’re using an older machine. Furthermore, if you get stuck trying to figure out how to use a particular part of the program, you can check out video tutorials published on the developer’s website.
FAQ: Learn more about Edraw Project
- Is Edraw Project free?
Unfortunately, there’s no fully-functional free version of Edraw Project available. You can use the 30-days free trial, but once it’s up, you can no longer save files.
- Is Edraw Project safe?
Edraw Project is a legitimate project management tool and Gantt chart creator. It doesn’t contain malware, so it’s safe to download, install, and use it.
- What is the best Gantt chart software?
Edraw Project is one of the best Gantt chart software tools for your Windows PC, thanks to its intuitive interface and options. However, if you want to check out alternative programs with similar functionality, we suggest checking out GanttPro, Edraw Max, and 2-plan Desktop.
Overview of Edraw Project features
- Create visual and interactive Gantt charts in just a few steps
- Schedule, organize and keep track of your projects with minimum effort
- Add, insert, delete, indent, outdent, link, or unlink tasks
- Change the Gantt chart themes, set project milestones
- Edit the task name, start and finish date, duration, progress, and priority
- Specify the working days, date formats, and time units
- Assign and edit resources like maximum units, type, standard and overtime rate, cost per unit
- Add or remove columns, view the resource status
- Find and replace text, as well as use a spellchecker
- Enable auto backups and recover data from any previous backup
- View critical, delay or behind tasks, top-level or resource costs, task or resource work, task allocation
- Save the project to file and later open it to pick up where you left off
- Print or export the project to PDF or Microsoft Excel format
- Free trial
- Gantt, chart, project management, business