Your computer gets cluttered with all kinds of junk over time, inevitably leading to poor performance. It especially applies to users who frequently install and uninstall software applications and games.
Unfortunately, the Windows defaultisn’t powerful enough to completely remove products from your PC, leaving behind empty folders, unnecessary files, or extra registry entries.
However, by replacing the Windows tool with a more talented program like IObit Uninstaller, you can overcome this problem, fully uninstall programs by removing software leftovers, and get your computer working normally again.
- Easy-to-use software uninstaller
- Removes leftover files, folders, and registry entries
- Monitors your system for new installs and takes a system snapshot
- The setup file offers third-party applications for download and install
- The main window shows banners
IObit Uninstaller is one of the best uninstaller software tools for Windows 7 and other Windows editions. Wrapped in a good-looking interface and packed with intuitive features, it automatically identifies all installed programs and lets you know how much free space you can recover by getting rid of them.
Let’s check out the system requirements, editions, installation and interface of this product before reading our review for IObit Uninstaller.
IObit Uninstaller system requirements
Before you download and set up IObit Uninstaller on your PC, make sure you meet these system requirements:
- 1Ghz or more powerful processor
- At least 1Gb RAM
- Minimum 300Mb free disk space
- 512Mb of better video card
- Windows 10, 8, 8.1, 7, Vista, XP (both 32-bit and 64-bit)
- 1024×768 screen resolution or higher
IObit Uninstaller free version
Most users will be happy to know they can use IObit Uninstaller for free forever. There’s no time limitation and you can take advantage of all core components. However, a couple of additional features are only accessible in IObit Uninstaller Pro, which we will explain below.
To get IObit Uninstaller Pro, you have to pay for a 1-year subscription. The license covers 3 computers and comes with a 60-days money-back guarantee, so you can issue a refund if you’re not completely pleased with the product within the first 2 months of use.
What’s more, you can explore occasional IObit deals to get a good price for IObit Uninstaller Pro.
How to install IObit Uninstaller
Setting up IObit Uninstaller is a fast and simple task that requires minimal intervention on your behalf. Besides modifying the default setup folder, you can control the desktop shortcuts.
Furthermore, because IObit Uninstaller is ad-supported, it may offer to download and install third-party applications that aren’t related to the uninstaller’s functionality. But you can refuse the offer to make a clean setup if you’re not interested.
What is IObit Uninstaller?
Taking everything into account, IObit Uninstaller turns out to be an excellent solution for thoroughly removing programs from your computer by getting rid of any leftover files. It’s far better than the Windows default uninstaller and more user-friendly than other similar products with a leftover removal component.
The uninstaller fully removes software applications swiftly while remaining light on system resources usage. When not in use, it silently monitors your PC activity and notifies you whenever you’re about to install bundleware or malicious plugins. Therefore, it can be partly considered a security tool.
IObit Uninstaller FAQ
- Is IObit Uninstaller malware?
No, IObit Uninstaller is a legitimate program that can help you thoroughly remove other applications from your PC. However, the fact that it offers to install third-party software can be seen as malware behavior.
- Is IObit Uninstaller free?
Yes, you can use all IObit Uninstaller features for free, except for receiving auto-updates and auto-deleting leftovers after removing programs with other uninstallers. To benefit from those two extra features, you must upgrade to IObit Uninstaller Pro.
- What is the best uninstaller?
IObit Uninstaller is at the top of our list when it comes to the best uninstaller software for your Windows PC. However, if you want to get a second opinion from other similar tools, we suggest giving a shot to Ashampoo Uninstaller, Revo Uninstaller, and Wise Program Uninstaller, among others.
Overview of IObit Uninstaller features
IObit Uninstaller Free
- View all programs or filter them by bundleware, recently installed, large programs, or infrequently used
- Select multiple programs for removing them in bulk
- Automatically create a system restore point before uninstall and remove residual files
- Find out how much free disk space you recover by uninstalling the selected programs
- Use Install Monitor to detect and log system changes during installation to make sure the previous Windows state will be restored after software uninstall
- Keep your important programs up to date
- Remove toolbars and plugins from Internet Explorer, Microsoft Edge, and Google Chrome
- Uninstall unwanted Windows or third-party apps to improve the performance of your computer
- Supports light and dark UI skins, along with multiple UI languages
- Set up a hotkey to run the easy uninstall mode
- Send leftover files to Recycle Bin instead of permanently removing them from your PC
- Create an ignore list to mark possible bundleware as safe and exclude it from the uninstaller’s scanner
- Get notifications when bundleware and malicious plugins are installed, software updates are available, or when the free disk space is below 10%
IObit Uninstaller PRO
- Automatically delete leftovers after removing the program using the Windows or another uninstaller
- Turn on automatic software updates
- Software Version
- uninstaller, leftover