Stdole32.tlb Excel Error in Windows 11: 5 Tips to Fix It
- Office 365 is a cloud-based suite of productivity applications that includes Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and others.
- Microsoft 365 is a service package that includes Office 365 as well as various additional services.
- In order to fix the Excel Stdole32.tlb error, you can use a third-party app that fixes any DLL files.
When you launch Microsoft Word or Microsoft Excel, Windows makes an extremely tedious attempt to set up Office 365. And at the conclusion of the process, you may receive the Stdole32.tlb Excel error.
Because of a number of bugs that are present in the Microsoft Office suite, launching any of its products might be a living nightmare at times.
What is the meaning of Stdole32 TLB?
Microsoft developed the Stdole32.tlb file, which is also known as a Microsoft OLE 2.1 for Windows NT(TM) OS file. Its purpose was to facilitate the creation of the Microsoft OLE 2.1 for the Windows NT(TM) operating system.
The Win32 DLL (Dynamic-link library) file type category is where you’ll find TLB files if you’re looking for them.
On November 8, 2006, the first version of Stdole32.tlb was distributed alongside Windows Vista as part of the Vista operating system.
Windows 11, Windows 10, Windows 8.1, and 8 all come with the Stdole32.tlb program preinstalled as part of the software.
On what systems does the Stdole32 TLB error occur?
Users have been reporting the Stdole32.tlb error on multiple Windows iterations. Some of these are the following:
- Stdole32.tlb excel error in Windows 11 – By repairing the Microsoft Office, or Office 365, app, you will be able to fix this issue.
- Windows 10 Stdole32.tlb excel error – The solutions below will also work for Windows 10 users, as the two OS iterations aren’t that different at the core.
- Stdole32.tlb excel error in Windows 7 – For Windows 7 users we recommend that you perform an SFC scan in order to fix system files.
This being said, follow along as we will show you a list of five comprehensive solutions to implement in order to fix the Windows 11 Stdole32.tlb Excel error. Keep on reading!
How do I fix Stdole32 TLB error in Excel in Windows 11?
1. Repair Office 365
- Open the Settings app by pressing the Windows and I keys simultaneously and go to Apps followed by Apps and features.
- Here, search for the Office app, click on the three-dotted menu, and choose Advanced options.
- Scroll down until you meet the Repair section and click on the Repair button. This will not delete any of your existing files and will fix the Stdole32.tlb Excel error.
2. Run the SFC scan
- Open the Windows Search function by clicking on the magnifying glass icon then type cmd. Right-click on the topmost result and select Run as administrator.
- Next, copy-paste or type the following command and hit Enter to run it:
3. Use a 3rd party DLL fixer
It’s possible for Dynamic Link Library files, commonly known as DLLs, to get corrupted or just disappear for a variety of reasons. Including issues with the software, crashes in memory, and even broken registry files.
Some PC issues are hard to tackle, especially when it comes to corrupted repositories or missing Windows files. If you are having troubles fixing an error, your system may be partially broken.
We recommend installing Restoro, a tool that will scan your machine and identify what the fault is.
Click here to download and start repairing.
DLLs are critical to the operation of your computer system, despite the fact that they are vulnerable to corruption.
If you have access to a program that is able to detect problems even before they manifest themselves, your experience with your personal computer will be much enhanced.
One of those programs is Restoro. It is a safe, world-leading system restoration tool that will repair any damaged file.
Restoro’s extensive collection of DLL files that have been brought up to date will be of great assistance. Serving to replace any and all files that are in need of being refreshed.
4. Reinstall Office 365
- Open Settings as we have mentioned in the first solution and go to Apps followed by Apps and features.
- Enter Office in the search bar and then click on the three-dotted menu next to it in order to choose Advanced options.
- Find the Repair section but this time choose the Reset button in order to perform a quick reinstallation. Note that this option will delete all of your app’s data, so make sure to backup anything important before.
Take note that in addition to resetting an app, you can also control app add-ons and other downloaded material for that particular app by going to the Advanced settings menu and selecting the app in question.
5. Update Windows
- Access the Settings menu and navigate to Windows Update.
- Click on the blue button which will either state Install now, Restart now or Check for new updates, and wait for the process to finish. This will ensure that Windows doesn’t cause the Stdole32.tlb issue.
Have you ever questioned the significance of installing the latest Windows updates? The vast majority of them consist of security updates. Because malicious software or hackers may take advantage of them, security flaws are the worst kind of fault that could ever occur.
Check out our post on the five best antivirus software for Windows 11 that you need to install before losing any personal data to a cyber attack.
These kinds of occurrences are frequently discovered in several components of Windows, such as ActiveX and Internet Explorer, among others.
Other updates fix various faults and problems that have been found in Windows. Even while they are not to blame for any security flaws, they may nonetheless compromise the stability of your operating system. or simply be a nuisance.
Internet Explorer is the program that best exemplifies how Windows Updates may include brand-new functionality while also addressing previously discovered bugs.
For more information and potential solutions, check out how to fix the Excel runtime error 1004 in Windows 10.
Alternatively, take a look at what to do if Office 365 is not opening [Word, Excel, PowerPoint] in Windows 10.
We hope this guide was useful to you. Don’t hesitate to tell us what you think in the comments section below. Also, feel free to share additional solutions that you have in mind. Thanks for reading!