Steam is one of the most used gaming platforms in the world. The service offers a wide range of game genres, and it has become the go-to-option for people wanting to download new games, or even try the trial versions before the game is officially released.
If you’ve ever played online games, you know how important it is for you to be able to take a screenshot of the action happening on the screen. This can be useful in a variety of cases, but it is mostly used to keep a visual record of game bugs, gathering useful information, etc.
Here’s everything you need to know about Steam screenshot folder
- Where is the screenshot folder in Steam?
- How do I change Steam screenshot folder?
- How do I download screenshots from Steam?
Where is the screenshot folder in Steam?
In order to take a screenshot in Steam, you can press the F12 button (default) on your keyboard. This will take a screenshot, and then a pop-up will appear called Screenshot Manager.
This handy tool comes as a new addition to the Steam gaming platform, and it allows you to take screenshots, manage, and share them without needing to exit the program.
After you’ve created your screenshots, they can be sorted into specific folders for each game, and you can choose between saving them on your hard drive or sharing them with the Steam community. You also have the option to keep your screenshots private, if you choose to do so.
In order to view the screenshots by using the Screenshot manager, you can simply click on View > Screenshots from the upper left side of your screen.
A pop-up with the Steam Screenshot Manager will appear, allowing you to access the stored screenshots either from the software or by clicking on the Show On Disk option to open up the local screenshot folder on your PC.
How do I change Steam screenshot folder?
- You will first need to delete the remote folder found in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\userdata\AccountID\760.
- After you’ve deleted the default folder, click on Start button > find Command Prompt in the list > right click -> Run as Administrator.
- Type in this command making sure to change the path of your Steam screenshot folder to fit your needs: mklink /D “C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\userdata\AccountID\760\remote” “path_to_custom_screenshot_folder”.
How do I download screenshots from Steam?
In order to locally access the screenshots captured in Steam, you can simply open up the Screenshot Manager, by clicking on the View button from the top left of your screen, and then choosing Screenshots.
This will open up the Screenshot manager, in which you will be able to see different folders with the names of the specific games you played and screenshotted.
Now you can simply choose the folder you need to access locally, and choose the Show on Disk option found at the bottom of the Screenshot Manager.
In this article we explored some of the best ways to get access, create, and also manage all the screenshots you took while playing your favorite Steam game.
Feel free to let us know if the information in this article was useful to you, by using the comment section below.
- How to Take a Screenshot in Windows 10
- Fix: Unable to take screenshots in Windows 10
- Here’s how to fix Conflict software detected Steam error