Your system doesn’t support the requested display settings error
A number of VMware users have reported encountering the error message Your system does not support the requested display settings when trying to connect to the View desktop.
This error seems to appear when launching the View Client or when using VMware Horizon HTML Access to gain access to a desktop.
The most common issue that causes this error message to appear is that the View Agent display driven was possibly written over by VMware Tools or other software applications.
Another reason for this error occurring is if the VMware Horizon HTML Access Agent (part of the Remote Experience Agent installer package) was installed on the View desktop before installing the View Agent.
Considering all the ideas mentioned above, in this article, we will explore a quick fix for this problem. Please follow the steps carefully.
How can I fix Your system don’t support the requested display settings error?
- Open vSphere Client on your desktop PC and log in.
- Click the Start button.
- Right-click Computer -> select Manage.
- Click on Device Manager.
- Scroll through the list and find the Display adaptors.
- Click the arrow next to the option to toggle the details of this section.
- Check to see if the correct display driver is being used. (click here and look under the section Additional Information to see a list of compatible video drivers).
- If the incorrect display driver is being used, please follow the next method presented in this article.
2. Install the View Agent
- Download the View Agent installer from VMware website.
- Double-click the installer file and accept the license terms.
- If you’re installing View Agent on a Windows Server where Remote Desktop Services (RDS) is not installed, select Install VMware Horizon View Agent in desktop mode.
- Select your preferred Internet Protocol (IP) version -IPv4 or IPv6. (you need to install all View components with the same IP version).
- Select if you want to enable FIPS mode.
- Follow the on-screen instructions by choosing the desired options.
- Restart the virtual machine to allow for the changes to be applied.
In today’s article, we explored some of the best troubleshooting steps for the error Your system does not support the requested display settings.
Because seeing this error means that you can not use your VMware software as it was intended, we hope that this guide helped you.
Please feel free to let us know if that is the case by using the comment section found below.
- Hybrid networking simplifies moving VMware resources to Azure
- VMware users plagued by issues in latest Windows 10 update
- Looking for best browser for VMware Web Client? [TOP 3 PICKS]
Google Chrome is the most popular browser out there. It is a reliable tool to surf the Internet and has many great features. However, nothing […]
Uplay is an amazing game distribution platform created by Ubisoft. It can be used to buy and download games as well as DLCs. It can […]