- Tax specialists are usually expensive to get and it can feel overwhelming to do your taxes all by yourself, especially when you have to wait for the EFIN code.
- If you are looking to use a tax software that does not require an EFIN code, keep reading
- We recommend that you use the best accounting software to avoid any mistakes.
- Check out our Accounting and Tax section for more similar articles.
Because it can be very expensive to hire a taxspecialist to deal with your taxes every time you need to, it is a lot easier and cheaper to file the taxes on your own.
The problem with this method is that it can get overwhelming and much too complicated to do this every year, and most of us don’t have the time to spend learning every form and how to apply with them effectively.
For these reasons it is recommended that you use specialized tax software. Using this type of software allows you to finish your taxes quickly, reduce paper consumption by doing it online, and printing as little as possible.
On top of this, you get a comprehensive and fast step-by-step process that will help you understand the process.
In order to process taxes online, most of the software options that can help with this issue require you to have an EFIN code.
Unfortunately, getting an EFIN code approved by the IRS takes a few months, and you might need to do something before that moment arrives.
In this article, we will explore some of the best software options on the market that allows you to apply for different kinds of taxes without needing an EFIN code. Read on to find out more.
What is the best tax preparation software with no EFIN?
TurboTax is a great user-friendly tax software that allows you to streamline the process of applying for your tax return, and it works without an EFIN code.
You can gain access to TurboTax either by downloading software or by accessing the online tax portal.
The advantage of downloading the software is that you can get access to all your stored documents even if not connected to the internet, and all your files are stored locally.
If you don’t have enough space on your hard-drive or just don’t want to download anything, you can use the online TurboTax. The advantage of using this method allows you to gain access to your files from anywhere in the world with ease.
One of the best features found in TurboTax is its ability to help you through every step of the process of applying your online papers.
As you go through the steps required to apply for taxes, you will be guided by a small banner on the side of your screen. This allows you to always know what you need to type, and also saves you time.
Because of the chat-line structure of TurboTax, it almost feels like an interview while completing all the data required.
Even though the free version of this software offers you access to file 1040 Forms, allows you to claim the child tax credit, earned an income tax credit, and is designed for those of you who don’t need to claim any deductions or credits other than the standard deductions.
If you need the software to process more complicated papers, then you will need to try out one of the premium versions.
Here is a small summary of the premium editions of TurboTax:
- TurboTax Free Edition – you can file for free your taxes and it covers your W-2 income and EIC, as well as child tax credits.
- Deluxe – you get everything that already is in the Free Edition and also 350 + tax deductions and credits along with maximizations of tax deductions and credits.
- Premier – contains all the features found in the Deluxe version, and adds the ability to report both investments and rental income
- Self-Employed – contains all the features found in the Premier version and adds deduction help, expense-tracking, and also independent contractors features
TurboTaxWith TurboTax, you get all your taxes done and a guarantee for a maximum refund!
AccuTax is another incredibly useful tax software that allows you to prepare your taxes no matter if you want to do it for an individual or a business.
This software gives you the power to file papers electronically, can refund settlement products, etc.
Even though this software doesn’t require you to have an EFIN account to perform tax returns and many other operations, it is worth mentioning that the team at AccuTax can also help you get an EFIN in a shorter amount of time.
AccuTax was released in a variety of versions, each catering to the different needs of users. Here is a short summary of the pricing options for this software:
- AccuTax Pay-As-You-Go – designed specifically for people that need to file taxes only in tax season (both Federal and State forms and schedules included)
- AccuTax Bronze – designed specifically for small to medium size tax practices
- AccuTax Silver – created to suit the needs of a tax practice with a good range of tax clients
- AccuTax Gold – for tax practices that need both simple and complex tax returns
- AccuTax Platinum – designed for tax practice that needs to use both individual and corporate tax returns
- AccuTax WEB1040 PRO – contains all the features found in the previous versions
If you feel a bit overwhelmed and need some answers to your questions, you can visit the official FAQ page.
Because not all of us know how to file taxes, what steps we need to take for tax returns, and all the other complicated ways to deal with taxes, using a specialized software helps a lot.
The software options we presented in this article contain all the tools you need in order to easily sort out your taxes each year, and allows you to file papers without an EFIN code, no matter how many operations you need to do.
Please feel free to let us know how did these software options work for you by using the comment section below.
FAQ: Learn more about tax software
- Do I need an EFIN to prepare taxes?
In general yes, you need the EFIN code. If you don’t have one right now, you can choose to use a tax software without an EFIN code that allows you to register your taxes.
- Can I use someone else’s EFIN?
No, the EFIN code is not transferable.
- What is the best professional tax preparation software?
There are plenty of tax preparation software that you can choose from depending on your needs, so make sure to check out our recommendations.
Editor’s Note: This post was originally published in July 2019 and has been since revamped and updated in July 2020 for freshness, accuracy, and comprehensiveness.