- Twitch is the world's biggest hub for gaming and live streams, but it seems like achievements are sometimes not updating.
- If you want to easily solve this issue, the first thing to do is check for your GMT zone.
- Waiting a few days to get your acquirements proved to be efficient in some cases.
Twitch TV is a popular online platform that helps to connect game streamers with their audience. Previously, game streaming was only restricted to YouTube.
However, we can see that the live gameplay is now considered as an industry itself. Many people are now using the Windows 10 application offered by Twitch to do the same, while others are sticking to the web-based app.
The user reports suggest that achievements not updating or unlocking for Twitch users. Apparently, it is a widespread issue and affected a good number of users. One of the users explained the problem on Reddit:
I know this is almost 2 weeks old, but im having trouble unlocking the most basic of achievements, so far i havent unlocked any of the ‘it begins’ achievements though i have done everything the achievements ask of me to do (seems a bit petty when i write it out but they are starting to bug me lol) i dont suppose you had this difficulty as well?
This isn’t the only issue, and many reported that Twitch is not loading on Chrome or Firefox. If you are in the same boat with achievements, we have listed some simple steps that you can use to resolve the issue.
Why aren’t my achievements updating on Twitch?
Even though this problem can be solved in a few seconds, you must know the most common causes that lead to it.
- Incorrect GMT time zone (Greenwich Mean Time) – Keep in mind that time-based achievements use the GMT time zone. In these terms, you have to make sure that you’re using the correct configuration. Fortunately, we’re going to show you how to easily do it.
- Browser related issues – Like any other app or program, your browser might get into several troubles while using Twitch. Our recommendation is to use a browser built especially for chatting or streaming apps, and you’re going to discover it later in this guide.
- Achievements stuck – It is also probable that your achievements got stuck. In this case, we suggest waiting a period of time.
- Other bugs – Because there are always additional explanations for any problem you encounter, this one right here might occur due to some other bugs. If it’s happening to you, the Twitch support team definitely got your back.
How long does it take Twitch achievements to update?
For Twitch achievements to update, it usually takes one or two days for everything to fully sync, so just keep using the platform and eventually, your achievements should update.
However, if your Twitch affiliate achievement is not updating, you can try to fix it by using the solutions mentioned in this guide.
How we test, review and rate?
We have worked for the past 6 months on building a new review system on how we produce content. Using it, we have subsequently redone most of our articles to provide actual hands-on expertise on the guides we made.
For more details you can read how we test, review, and rate at WindowsReport.
What can I do if my achievements aren’t updating on Twitch?
1. Check for GMT time zone
Many people don’t know that time-based achievements use the GMT zone. For instance, you are streaming from 5:00 PM to 9:00 PM according to your local time. When the clock strikes 8:00 PM as per your local time, it is equivalent to midnight GMT.
There are situations when you are streaming on the next day according to your time zone but it’s actually the day based on the GMT zone. So, it will not be counted as a unique day because you have already streamed on that day.
However, if your stream on 7 different days is not updating and your achievements are stuck, go ahead and try one of our other solutions.
2. Access Twitch from a different browser
Twitch is a dedicated streaming platform for gamers, so what better way to access it than via a browser that is also made for gamers?
Opera GX fits the description perfectly, as it is the world’s first web browser for gamers.
It has a neat-looking UI powered by Razer Chroma, and it features native Twitch integration so that accessing and using Twitch is made faster and more efficient.
More so, if you start gaming yourself, you can rest assured that Opera GX will not hinder your experience, since it comes with a RAM and bandwidth limiter in it as well.
Given the Twitch integration, achievements may update faster when using this browser. If not, you still have a very fast and gorgeous-looking browser.
Check out some other amazing Opera GX features:
- Free VPN
- Easy to use and user-friendly interface
- Dedicated to streaming apps
Opera GXWatch streams in full HD and 4K at 60 FPS with the best web browser for gamers that features native Twitch integration.
3. Wait for a few days
You need to understand the fact that the number of new affiliates is growing with each passing day. Therefore, you might need to wait for a few days to unlock the achievements.
Many users confirmed that the achievements unlocked after waiting for a couple of days. So if your Twitch dashboard is not updating, simply give it time and wait patiently until the achievements are updated.
4. Contact customer support
- Visit the Twitch contact page.
- Now enter your information and describe the problem.
- Send the message.
This process will speed up the process for you and resolve the issue with Twitch achievements not updating followers.
What achievements can I get on Twitch?
1. It Begins
For those just starting out, these achievements will help you set up and start your first stream. In this case, you got several other achievements such as:
- Start your first stream
- Explore your dashboard
- Update your system title
- Update your category
2. Path to Affiliate
After you have the basics down, Path to Affiliate will help you track your progress towards eligibility for the Twitch Affiliate program. The Path to Affiliate includes four achievements:
- Reach 50 followers
- Stream for 8 hours
- Stream on 7 different days
- Average of 3 viewers (concurrent viewership including hosts and raids)
3. Path to Partner
The Path to Partner is designed to help you track your progress towards being eligible to apply to the Twitch Partner program. The achievements are as follows:
- Stream for 25 hours
- Stream on 12 different days
- Average of 75 viewers (concurrent viewership excluding hosts, raids and embeds)
4. Build a Community
Completing this achievement unlocks the ability to grant VIP status to members of your community. In this case, you’ll benefit from the following:
- Get 5 people chatting at the same time
- Reach 50 followers
As you can see, it’s pretty simple to fix Twitch achievement issues, as long as you follow the instructions from this guide.
This isn’t the only issue that users reported, and many reported that Twitch chat is not loading or connecting, but we covered that in a separate guide.
Which one of the aforementioned solutions worked for you? Let us know in the comments section below.