- Twitch is one of the best streaming platforms but sometimes Twitch is not finding your games.
- If Twitch is not detecting games, try to use a dedicated gaming browser that has embedded Twitch.
- The Twitch not finding games problem can be caused by failing to sign in.
- Another important solution is to close the app from Task Manager and reopen it.
Twitch is the most popular tool when it comes to streaming games online. There are many good reasons why gamers prefer to record their gameplay with the help of this platform.
However, quite a few users encountered a major issue with the Twitch app can’t find games. One user reported the following on the Reddit forum:
As the title says. I downloaded twitch and it shows none of my games in my games tab. I ran the smart scan and it doesn’t see any and locating manual won’t find them either. Not sure what to do.
The title of the thread is Twitch app not seeing any of my installed games. Also, the OP tried several methods such as running a smart scan and manually locating the games. Still, nothing seemed to work.
Fortunately, there are other methods you should try when the Twitch my games list is an empty problem. Today we will show you how to fix this major problem.
Why can’t Twitch find my games?
- Internet problems – These ones are pretty obvious. If your Internet connection is down or slow, your streaming experience will also be affected. In these terms, we strongly recommend first checking your Internet connection and restarting your router.
- Wrong privileges – Some users are streaming on Twitch without being actually logged in. However, it seems like the app needs you to be connected with your user credentials, so make sure you always log in with your official account.
- Temporary bugs – Like any other app, Twitch can get into short-term glitches. You may need to refresh it and re-open it after closing completely.
- Browser-related issues – If Twitch can’t find games while streaming on the browser, you’ll probably need to change it with an option designed especially for this kind of app.
We’ve compiled the perfect solutions to quickly fix all of these issues, so make sure you keep on reading.
What can I do if Twitch can’t find my games?
1. Reset your router
- Press the Power button on your router. If you have both modem and router, be sure to turn off both devices.
- Wait for a couple of moments and turn your router back on again.
- Wait while your router boots completely. This should take about 30-60 seconds.
It seems like problems with Twitch chat can occur due to issues with your router. If it’s happening to encounter glitches, you might have to restart your router.
2. Use a gaming browser
You can try using Twitch through a browser. We recommend Opera GX as it’s a special browser dedicated to gaming. More importantly, this tool stands on top of the list of the browsers perfectly optimized for Twitch.
That’s because Opera GX has a dedicated Twitch button for quick access. This browser has a modern UI and great resource management features for quick streaming and gaming.
In Opera GX, you can even get notifications when the streamers you’re following start broadcasting.
With the GX Corner, you can always stay updated about new game releases or favorite games deals, plus news about the gaming world all in one space.
It’s possible to benefit from all these features on mobile too and get informed about free mobile games.
Capture your gameplay like never before using this dedicated gaming browser that has all your Twitch content.
3. Sign in with the Twitch account
3.1 Desktop app
- Download Twitch for Windows.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to install it.
- Once installed, hit the Windows key, type Twitch, then click on the first result.
- Enter your username and password, then click on Log in.
3.2 Browser app
- Access the Twitch browser version.
- In the top-right corner of the window, click on Log in.
- Now, in the pop-up window, enter your username and password, then click on Log in.
- Try searching for your games.
Sometimes, it is possible that you forgot to sign in. Of course, if you don’t sign in with your Twitch account, no games will appear.
If Twitch won’t let you sign up, we’ve got a very friendly guide on how to solve this problem.
4. Refresh the app
Quite a few users solved this issue by refreshing their app. Just click on the button from the upper-left corner of the window.
The explanation for this is simple. The servers are overloaded and it takes some time to load all the games. So, a refresh will reload the platform with all the games on it.
5. Close and open the program in Task Manager
- Use the following keyboard shortcut: Ctrl + Alt + Delete.
- Select Task Manager.
- Find Twitch in the Apps section and click on End Task.
- Open Twitch again.
Not seeing games in the Twitch app is definitely a major issue. Basically, it makes the program useless. However, there are some easy solutions that will work. These will allow you to stream your favorite games.
Did you find our solutions useful? Do let us know in the comments section below!