- Twitch is probably the best known streaming platform for gamers. Besides professional gamers, anyone can create a channel and go live.
- Sometimes this beloved streaming platform fails at the sign-up process due to various reasons.
- If you are looking for more specific troubleshooting guides regarding a certain web app, take a look at our Web Apps Fix section.
- Check out our Fix Hub for complete guides on troubleshooting tech issues from our trustworthy tech-experts.
However, in order to be an active participant, you need an account. And most avid followers (a good part of 15 million daily viewers) wants to join the community.
The only problem? Some of them are unable to sign up for the service after multiple tries. In most cases, the error message Twitch not eligible to create an account appears on the screen.
Luckily, there’s a solution to every problem. So, start with the troubleshooting steps we provided below and we’ll hopefully resolve the problem at hand.
How can I fix Twitch sign-up issues?
1. Make sure you’re entering proper credentials
Let’s start with the essentials. In order to sign for the Twitch streaming platform, your age must be above 13, and the username needs to have less than 25 characters
Double-check the captcha checkbox. If the application informs you that the username is taken (even though it obviously isn’t on some occasions), close the app and try again after some time.
You can also try creating an account for Curse and sign in with it into Twitch. tv platform.
If you’re still unable to sign up for Twitch, even if you’ve met everything we mentioned above and don’t have a Curse account, continue with the further steps.
2. Use a browser compatible with Twitch
Besides the minor bugs which can cause this issue, we’re more concerned with your browser compatibility.
The affected users who dealt with the sign-up problem changed the browser they were using and seemingly addressed the issue.
With Opera GX, the makers of the popular Opera web browser have developed the first gaming browser in the world.
As the name suggests, this browser is optimized for gaming fans and is characterized by many customization options, unusual sound effects and the integration of several practical add-ons.
Now you have a browser totally compatible with Twitch, thanks to the integration of this beloved live streaming portal.
Opera GXTo ensure uninterrupted live streaming, try the unique Opera GX game browser now!
3. Try signing up in a web-based Twitch client in the Incognito mode
- Click on the 3-dot/hamburger menu in the top right corner of the browser page.
- Select New incognito window (New InPrivate window for Edge)
- Navigate to the Twitch Sign Up webpage.
- Enter your credentials and create an account.
- Confirm the account with your email address.
With that said, we can conclude this article. Don’t forget to check the Twitch status and wait it out a bit as this might be a temporary stall. Also, make sure to share alternative solutions or post questions in the comments section below.
Editor’s Note: This post was originally published in August 2018 and has been since revamped and updated in September 2020 for freshness, accuracy, and comprehensiveness.