All sorts of maintenance codes end up being displayed on your printer’s operation panel from time to time. There’s no need to worry when seeing, for example, the VK error on your Sharp printer.
These maintenance codes are there for a purpose. They alert you of a consumable item nearing its maintenance or replacement interval or let you know that the interval has been already reached.
Just as always, there are ways to tackle the issue effectively. Let’s see what your next steps could be.
What can I do when getting the VK error code on my Sharp printer?
1. Let your service provider know of the error
If your Sharp printer is displaying the VK error code, see it as a heads up for replacing the black developer. The maintenance counter for the developer has reached 90% of the maximum value, therefore a service interval is recommended in the near future.
So, your next move is to let your service provider know of it. The engineers will reset the counters and the operation panel will no longer display this error code.
In the meantime, your printer should continue to print normally. However, some users do report occasional copy quality loss issues on their printed pages. There are also cases in which the printer may be set to stop printing when codes such as VK, VC, VM, or VY are displayed.
2. Power the printer off and on
Before having the service provider replenish the developer in the developer unit, you could also apply the good old trick to switch off and restart the printer if you can’t carry on using it as you usually do.
To switch it off, just touch Power Off. If the Sharp printer does not respond to a single press of the Power/Wake button, then press and hold it for about 5 seconds. The Please wait message is usually displayed while the printer powers down.
After the printer has completely turned off, unplug it from the PC. Give it a rest time of at least 60 seconds, then plug it back in and power it on. Now try and print again.
3. Use the troubleshooter tool
- Press the Windows key + R keyboard hotkey to open the Run dialog box.
- Type control in the dialog box and press Enter.
- In the Search box in Control Panel, you need to type troubleshooter.
- Click the Troubleshooting link that appears.
- In the window that opens next, click View all.
- Scroll down to Printer.
- In the next window, click Advanced.
- Select Run as administrator.
- Click Next and follow the prompts to let the troubleshooter scan for potential problems.
Letting the troubleshooter look for any other problems that prevent you from using the printer could also help. It comes with three different tools – Printer, Windows Network Diagnostics, and Hardware and Devices.
Even more, it will also attempt to fix all problems automatically. If your printer doesn’t appear in the troubleshooter’s list of connected printers, make sure that it’s connected and switched on, then try again.
These are our recommended workarounds when you are looking for a way to clear the VK error code.
Feel free to let us know of any other tips that could get your Sharp printer back on track until the service provider steps in.
- How to fix printer after power outage [EXPERT GUIDE]
- Printer needs user intervention error in Windows 10 [FIX]
- FIX: Printer not activated, error code -30 on Windows 10