VLC media player is a cross-platform media player developed by the VideoLAN project. It comes with the major advantage of being free to download and packs a minimal interface.
However, it does include all the important features you’d expect from a streaming media server. For example, you can enjoy VLC by using your keyboard commands.
Every single function is associated with a keyboard shortcut, and you can further customize them to fit your habits.
Even more, it comes with multiple free decoding/encoding libraries and it’s supported on various platforms, including Windows, Linux, Mac, Andriod, and iOS.
Useful tips for VLC media player users
- VLC lagging, skipping or stuttering [Full Fix]
- Windows 10 can’t play MP4 files [VLC, Media Player]
- VLC media player update fixes denial of service crash bug
- FIX: VLC player pixelated video [MKV, AVI, MP4]
- How to fix the Your input can’t be opened VLC error
For more comprehensive solutions, don’t hesitate to take a closer look at our VLC Media Player section.