Read the affiliate disclosure page to find out how can you help Windows Report effortlessly and without spending any money. Read more
Windows 10 builds 14371 and 14372 for Windows Insiders on the Fast ring were released in just a few days. None of the builds brought a lot of new features to the system, in fact each builds introduced just one. However, both builds resolved a handful of issues and bugs in Windows 10, which is actually their main purpose.
What’s characteristic for these release is a low number of know issues revealed by Microsoft, which wasn’t the case too often before. But just a few known issue don’t mean these builds are flawless, on the contrary, builds 14371 and 14372 are among the most troublesome builds we had in last couple of months, based on reports from actual users.
So in our now traditional report article about issues that actually bother users, we’re going to talk about all problems in Windows 10 Preview builds 14371 and 14372 that users complained about. This is the first time we’re covering two builds in our report article, so you’ll be able to see what bothered (and perhaps still bothers) users in both of last week’s Windows 10 Preview builds
Windows 10 Preview build 14371 reported issues
- We’ll start off with our old ‘friends’, installation fails. A lot of people said they weren’t able to install build 14371, due to various errors. Some users had troubles downloading build 14371, some failed to install the build, while some didn’t even receive it. If you’re encountering this problem, we can, as always, recommend you to run the WUReset script, but we cannot guarantee it will completely solve the problem.
- Speaking of installation fails, some Insiders encountered even more serious problems. Namely, one user of Microsoft’s community forums reported that a BSOD appears when he tries to install the build. As you can notice, build 14371 indeed brings a lot of issues, but 3 or 4 of all these issues are related to installing or downloading the build. This starts to be a big problem for Microsoft, and the company definitely needs to improve the way builds are delivered to insiders before the Anniversary Update kicks off.
- Some users encountered problems with WiFi connection upon installing the build. However, as one user said, his internet connection works in Microsoft Edge, but not in Google Chrome. Unfortunately, we don’t have a proper solution for this problem, and neither did Microsoft engineers from the forums.
- Action Center appears to be grayed out for some users who installed build 14371. One user reported this issue on the forums, but unfortunately no one had a proper solution for the problem.
- Windows Defender fails to open in Windows 10 Preview build 14371, as the Windows Defender service constantly crashes. Some users on the forum suggested that installing the latest build (1472) will solve the problem. However, we had no further feedback on this issue, so we cannot confirm if build 14372 indeed resolves the problem.
- Some users are almost completely unable to use Cortana in Windows 10 Preview build 14371. One Windows Insider reported that he’s unable to type anything into the search box. Additionally, calculator and settings app search feature also doesn’t work. This issue was also present in one of previous builds, so Microsoft definitely needs to pay attention to that.
- And finally, a Windows Insider form Czech Republic reported that his mouse cursor disappeared upon installing build 14371.
We’re sure these are not only problems that bothered users in build 14371. In case you encountered some problems that we didn’t list here, please let us know in the comments.
Windows 10 Preview build 14372 reported issues
What’s interesting for Windows 10 Preview build 14372 is that Microsoft didn’t precise which issues it fixed in this release. Head of Windows Insider program, Dona Sarkar just said: “This build is just one build newer than the last one but has a handful of fixes to improvement overall performance and reliability.” So, we can’t tell which above-mentioned issues from build 14371 Microsoft fixed in this release.
But one thing’s for sure, build 14372 is as troublesome as build 14371, maybe even more, and some issues are present in both releases. So, let’s check out what bothered users in Windows 10 Preview build 14372:
- Of course, just like it was the case in build 14371, and in numerous previous builds, some Insiders had problems installing or downloading the latest Windows 10 Preview build.
- Apparently, the latest Preview build caused a lot of problems with Language packs. A few users reported on the forums that they’re unable to use or download a certain language pack in Windows 10 Preview.
- One user complained that his Surface Book crashes every time he tries to pair it with another device via Bluetooth. If you’re encountering this problem as well, check out our article about Bluetooth problems in Windows 10, and maybe you’ll find a solution.
- As we mentioned above, there are a lot of problems that are present in both builds. Among these problems are issues with Cortana, and Action Center. Apparently, both issues are same as in build 14371, so Microsoft obviously didn’t do anything to address these issues in the latest release. In addition to these problems, users also reported problems with Start Menu.
As you can see, both builds brought their fair share of issues, but that’s not a surprise at all, since build 14372 is only a day older than build 14371. Once again, if you encountered some issues caused by any of these builds that we didn’t list in this article, please feel free to let us know in the comments. Also, if you have a proper solution for any of these problems, share it with us below, we’re sure other Insiders would be thankful.
RELATED STORIES YOU NEED TO CHECK OUT:
- Microsoft acknowledges battery drain on Lumia Icon, 930, 830, and 1520, says it’s working on a fix
- Microsoft Edge receives Evernote extension in latest Insider build
- Latest Windows 10 build won’t install because of the 0x8007001F error
- Could Microsoft release its fourth consecutive Windows 10 build today?
- Windows 10 build 14372 for PC and Mobile is out, brings performance and reliability improvements