- Gigabyte Motherboards are some of the most popular in the world, and keeping them constantly update d is important.
- Sometimes the lack of updates or certain software issues can lead to error messages in Gigabyte motherboards.
- The article below is just one of many included in our hub dedicated to fixing System Errors.
- Take a look at our dedicated Fix page for more step-by-step troubleshooting guides.
The This driver can’t release to failure error message is one that more specifically pertains to Gigabyte motherboards.
Some users have stated that the error message pops up after upgrading to Windows 10. The error message is usually due to a motherboard‘s lack of built-in Wi-Fi, which is something required for the Gigabyte App Center’s Cloud Station Server.
Here are a few resolutions that can fix this Gigabyte motherboard error in Windows 10.
How do I fix the This driver can’t release to failure error?
- Update the Motherboard Drivers
- Switch off the Always run on next reboot setting
- Reinstall Gigabyte Services via Command Prompt
- Update the App Center
- Uninstall the App Center
1. Update the Motherboard Drivers
You might need to update your Gigabyte motherboard drivers to fix the driver can’t release error message. However, the motherboard has various drivers.
As such, it’s probably better to utilize driver-updating software to ensure the motherboard drivers are updated.
For instance, you can quickly scan with DriverFix.
The product gets its namesake from the fact that it can easily handle third-party driver issues. This includes updating old ones, fixing broken ones, and replacing missing ones.
However, this versatility is just one of its strong points, the other being the ease with which you can use the program, as well as the minim required user input.
DriverFixThis lightweight and portable tool will detect all of your missing drivers by itself, and update them as soon as possible.
2. Switch off the Always run on next reboot setting
- First, open the Gigabyte App Center via the Windows system tray.
- Then click the Cloud Station Server tab at the bottom of the app.
- Switch off the Always run on next reboot setting for the Cloud Station Server.
- Select the OC tab for Remote OC, and switch the Always run on next reboot option off.
- Then select the Gigabyte Remote tab, and turn off the Always run on next reboot option.
- Restart your desktop or laptop.
As mentioned, the Cloud Station Server is one component of the Gigabyte App Center that requires onboard Wi-Fi. The Remote OC and Gigabyte Remote are two are components that also need onboard Wi-Fi.
Thus, switching those components off can fix the issue.
3. Reinstall Gigabyte Services via Command Prompt
- Press the Win key + X hotkey.
- Then select Command Prompt (Admin) to open the Prompt.
- Input sc delete gdrv in the Prompt, and press the Return key.
- Enter the following line, and press Enter:
'sc create gdrv binPath= "C:Windowsgdrv.sys" type= "kernel" DisplayName= "gdrv"' and Return to reinstall the services.
4. Update the App Center
If you’ve recently upgraded to Windows 10, update the App Center to ensure that its compatible with the latest platform.
You can do that by pressing the GIGABYTE App Center Utility Download button on this page.
Then open the installer for the app to add the latest App Center version to Windows.
5. Uninstall the App Center
- Press the Windows key + R to open Run.
- Enter appwiz.cpl in Run and click OK to open the uninstaller window in the snapshot directly below.
- Now select the Gigabyte App Center software, and press its Uninstall button.
- Press the Yes button for further confirmation.
- Then restart Windows after removing the App Center.
Some users have resolved the Gigabyte motherboard error message by removing the App Center from Windows.
FAQ: Learn more about the This driver can’t release to feature error
- What is the This driver can’t release to feature error?
This error message appears because of a motherboard‘s lack of built-in Wi-Fi. Thus, consider upgrading it with a better alternative.
- What motherboards are affected by the This driver can’t release to feature error message?
This error message one that more specifically pertains to Gigabyte motherboards.
- Do I need to replace my motherboard in order to get rid of the This driver can’t release to feature error?
No. Some simple driver and app updates are enough to make the error message disappear.
One, or more, of those resolutions, will probably fix the driver can’t release” error in Windows 10. If you have any further suggestions for fixing the Gigabyte motherboard error, feel free to share them below.
Editor’s Note: This post was originally published in March 2020 and has been since revamped and updated in October 2020 for freshness, accuracy, and comprehensiveness.