This driver can’t release to failure: How to fix this Windows 10
The “This driver can’t release to failure” error message is one that more specifically pertains to Gigabyte motherboards. Some users have stated that the error message pops up after upgrading to Windows 10. The error message is usually due to a motherboard’s lack of built-in Wi-Fi, which is something required for the Gigabyte App Center’s Cloud Station Server. Here are a few resolutions that can fix this Gigabyte motherboard error in windows 10.
SOLVED: This driver can’t release to failure
- Switch off the Always run on next reboot Setting
- Reinstall Gigabyte Services Via Command Prompt
- Update the App Center
- Uninstall the App Center
- Update the Motherboard Drivers
1. Switch off the Always run on next reboot Setting for Remote OC, Cloud Station Server and Gigabyte Remote
As mentioned, the Cloud Station Server is one component off the Gigabyte App Center that requires onboard Wi-Fi. The Remote OC and Gigabyte Remote are two are components that also need onboard Wi-Fi. Thus, switching those components off can fix the issue. This is how you can switch those App Center components off.
- First, open the Gigabyte App Center via the Windows system tray.
- Then click the Cloud Station Server tab at the bottom of the app.
- Switch off the Always run on next reboot setting for the Cloud Station Server.
- Select the OC tab for Remote OC, and switch the Always run on next reboot option off.
- Then select the Gigabyte Remote tab, and turn off the Always run on next reboot option.
- Restart your desktop or laptop.
2. Reinstall Gigabyte Services Via Command Prompt
Alternatively, reinstalling Gigabyte services might also resolve the issue. To do that, press the Win key + X hotkey.
- Then select Command Prompt (Admin) to open the Prompt.
- Input ‘sc delete gdrv’ in the Prompt, and press the Return key.
- Enter ‘sc create gdrv binPath= “C:\Windows\gdrv.sys” type= “kernel” DisplayName= “gdrv”‘ and Return to reinstall the services.
3. Update the App Center
If you’ve recently upgraded to Windows 10, update the App Center to ensure that its compatible with the latest platform. You can do that by pressing the GIGABYTE App Center Utility Download button on this page. Then open the installer for the app to add the latest App Center version to Windows.
4. Uninstall the App Center
- Some users have resolved the Gigabyte motherboard error message by removing the App Center from Windows. To remove the App Center, first press the Windows key + R to open Run.
- Enter ‘appwiz.cpl’ in Run and click OK to open the uninstaller window in the snapshot directly below.
- Now select the Gigabyte App Center software, and press its Uninstall button.
- Press the Yes button for further confirmation.
- Then restart Windows after removing the App Center.
5. Update the Motherboard Drivers
You might need to update your Gigabyte motherboard drivers to fix the “driver can’t release” error message. However, the motherboard has various drivers. As such, it’s probably better to utilize driver-updating software to ensure the motherboard drivers are update.
For instance, you can quickly scan with the freeware Driver Booster 5, which will then list outdated drivers that you can update by pressing the Update Now button. Press the Free Download button on this website page to add the freeware Driver Booster 5 to Windows.
One, or more, of those resolutions will probably fix the “driver can’t release” error in Windows 10. If you have any further suggestions for fixing the Gigabyte motherboard error, feel free to share them below.
RELATED STORIES TO CHECK OUT:
- How to fix “driver wudfrd failed to load” error 219 in Windows 10
- Fix: system_scan_at_raised_irql_caught_improper_driver_unload error
- Fix: BUGCODE_USB_DRIVER error on Windows 10
If you find yourself seeing the error message Your password may have expired or the remote PC might not accept blank passwords, you came to […]
Many users encountered a pretty severe issue with Nvidia. They couldn’t stream games in Windows 10. No matter what they tried, they didn’t manage to […]