- Gygabite Motherboards are some of the most popular in the world, and keeping them constantly update will ensure you have the best experience possible while using your PC.
- Sometimes the lack of updates or certain software issues can lead to error messages in Gigabyte motherboards, so check out the steps in the guide below for some fixes.
- The article below is just one of many included in our hub dedicated to fixing System Errors, so check it out in case you have any other queries.
- Take a look at our dedicated Fix page for more step-by-step troubleshooting guides.
The This driver can’t release to failure error message is one that more specifically pertains to Gigabyte motherboards.
Some users have stated that the error message pops up after upgrading to Windows 10. The error message is usually due to a motherboard‘s lack of built-in Wi-Fi, which is something required for the Gigabyte App Center’s Cloud Station Server.
Here are a few resolutions that can fix this Gigabyte motherboard error in Windows 10.
How do I fix the This driver can’t release to failure error?
- Switch off the Always run on next reboot Setting
- Reinstall Gigabyte Services Via Command Prompt
- Update the App Center
- Uninstall the App Center
- Update the Motherboard Drivers
1. Switch off the Always run on next reboot Setting for Remote OC, Cloud Station Server and Gigabyte Remote
- First, open the Gigabyte App Center via the Windows system tray.
- Then click the Cloud Station Server tab at the bottom of the app.
- Switch off the Always run on next reboot setting for the Cloud Station Server.
- Select the OC tab for Remote OC, and switch the Always run on next reboot option off.
- Then select the Gigabyte Remote tab, and turn off the Always run on next reboot option.
- Restart your desktop or laptop.
As mentioned, the Cloud Station Server is one component of the Gigabyte App Center that requires onboard Wi-Fi. The Remote OC and Gigabyte Remote are two are components that also need onboard Wi-Fi.
Thus, switching those components off can fix the issue.
2. Reinstall Gigabyte Services Via Command Prompt
- Press the Win key + X hotkey.
- Then select Command Prompt (Admin) to open the Prompt.
- Input ‘sc delete gdrv’ in the Prompt, and press the Return key.
- Enter ‘sc create gdrv binPath= “C:Windowsgdrv.sys” type= “kernel” DisplayName= “gdrv”‘ and Return to reinstall the services.
Alternatively, reinstalling Gigabyte services might also resolve the issue.
3. Update the App Center
If you’ve recently upgraded to Windows 10, update the App Center to ensure that its compatible with the latest platform. You can do that by pressing the GIGABYTE App Center Utility Download button on this page.
Then open the installer for the app to add the latest App Center version to Windows.
4. Uninstall the App Center
- Press the Windows key + R to open Run.
- Enter ‘appwiz.cpl’ in Run and click OK to open the uninstaller window in the snapshot directly below.
- Now select the Gigabyte App Center software, and press its Uninstall button.
- Press the Yes button for further confirmation.
- Then restart Windows after removing the App Center.
Some users have resolved the Gigabyte motherboard error message by removing the App Center from Windows.
5. Update the Motherboard Drivers
You might need to update your Gigabyte motherboard drivers to fix the driver can’t release error message. However, the motherboard has various drivers. As such, it’s probably better to utilize driver-updating software to ensure the motherboard drivers are updated.
For instance, you can quickly scan with the freeware Driver Booster 5, which will then list outdated drivers that you can update by pressing the Update Now button.
Press the Free Download button on this website page to add the freeware Driver Booster 5 to Windows.
FAQ: Learn more about the This driver can’t release to feature error
- What is the This driver can’t release to feature error?
This error message appears because of a motherboard‘s lack of built-in Wi-Fi.
- What motherboards are affected by the This driver can’t release to feature error message?
This error message one that more specifically pertains to Gigabyte motherboards, since a lack of WiFI prevents them from connecting to the Gigabyte App Center’s Cloud Station Server.
- Do I need to replace my motherboard in order to get rid of the This driver can’t release to feature error?
No. Some simple driver and app updates are enough to make the error message disappear.
One, or more, of those resolutions will probably fix the driver can’t release” error in Windows 10. If you have any further suggestions for fixing the Gigabyte motherboard error, feel free to share them below.
Editor’s Note: This post was originally published in March 2018 and has been since revamped and updated in March 2020 for freshness, accuracy, and comprehensiveness.