- Gigabyte Motherboards are some of the most popular in the world, and keeping them constantly update d is important.
- Sometimes the lack of updates or certain software issues can lead to error messages in Gigabyte motherboards.
- The article below is just one of many included in our hub dedicated to fixing System Errors.
- Take a look at our dedicated Fix page for more step-by-step troubleshooting guides.
The This driver can’t release to failure error message is one that more specifically pertains to Gigabyte motherboards.
Some users have stated that the error message pops up after upgrading to Windows 10. The error message is usually due to a motherboard‘s lack of built-in Wi-Fi, which is something required for the Gigabyte App Center’s Cloud Station Server.
Here are a few resolutions that can fix this Gigabyte motherboard error in Windows 10.
How do I fix the This driver can’t release to failure error?
- Update the Motherboard Drivers
- Switch off the Always run on next reboot setting
- Reinstall Gigabyte Services via Command Prompt
- Update the App Center
- Uninstall the App Center
1. Update the Motherboard Drivers
You might need to update your Gigabyte motherboard drivers to fix the driver can’t release error message. However, the motherboard has various drivers.
As such, it’s probably better to utilize driver-updating software to ensure the motherboard drivers are updated. This includes updating old ones, fixing broken ones, and replacing missing ones.
Most of the time, the generic drivers for your PC’s hardware and peripherals are not properly updated by the system.There are key differences between a generic driver and a manufacturer’s driver.Searching for the right driver version for each of your hardware components can become tedious. That’s why an automated assistant can help you find and update your system with the correct drivers every time, and we strongly recommend DriverFix. Here’s how to do it:
- Download and install DriverFix.
- Launch the software.
- Wait for the detection of all your faulty drivers.
- DriverFix will now show you all the drivers that have issues, and you just need to select the ones you’d liked fixed.
- Wait for the app to download and install the newest drivers.
- Restart your PC for the changes to take effect.
Keep your PC components drivers working perfectly without putting your PC at risk.
Disclaimer: this program needs to be upgraded from the free version in order to perform some specific actions.
2. Switch off the Always run on next reboot setting
- First, open the Gigabyte App Center via the Windows system tray.
- Then click the Cloud Station Server tab at the bottom of the app.
- Switch off the Always run on next reboot setting for the Cloud Station Server.
- Select the OC tab for Remote OC, and switch the Always run on next reboot option off.
- Then select the Gigabyte Remote tab, and turn off the Always run on next reboot option.
- Restart your desktop or laptop.
As mentioned, the Cloud Station Server is one component of the Gigabyte App Center that requires onboard Wi-Fi. The Remote OC and Gigabyte Remote are two are components that also need onboard Wi-Fi.
Thus, switching those components off can fix the issue.
3. Reinstall Gigabyte Services via Command Prompt
- Press the Win key + X hotkey.
- Then select Command Prompt (Admin) to open the Prompt.
- Input sc delete gdrv in the Prompt, and press the Return key.
- Enter the following line, and press Enter:
'sc create gdrv binPath= "C:Windowsgdrv.sys" type= "kernel" DisplayName= "gdrv"' and Return to reinstall the services.
Alternatively, reinstalling Gigabyte services might also resolve the issue.
4. Update the App Center
If you’ve recently upgraded to Windows 10, update the App Center to ensure that its compatible with the latest platform.
You can do that by pressing the GIGABYTE App Center Utility Download button on this page.
Then open the installer for the app to add the latest App Center version to Windows.
5. Uninstall the App Center
- Press the Windows key + R to open Run.
- Enter appwiz.cpl in Run and click OK to open the uninstaller window in the snapshot directly below.
- Now select the Gigabyte App Center software, and press its Uninstall button.
- Press the Yes button for further confirmation.
- Then restart Windows after removing the App Center.
Some users have resolved the Gigabyte motherboard error message by removing the App Center from Windows.
One, or more, of those resolutions, will probably fix the driver can’t release” error in Windows 10. If you have any further suggestions for fixing the Gigabyte motherboard error, feel free to share them below.
Frequently Asked Questions
This error message appears because of a motherboard’s lack of built-in Wi-Fi. Thus, consider upgrading it with a better alternative.
This error message one that more specifically pertains to Gigabyte motherboards.
No. Some simple driver and app updates are enough to make the error message disappear.