- Blue Screens of Death are among the most dreaded errors for Windows 10 users.
- They usually appear randomly, and it is difficult to pinpoint what causes them.
- This article is just one of many included in our dedicated Troubleshooting page.
- To learn more about avoiding BSoD errors, visit our Windows 10 Errors page as well.
Are you getting netio.sys BSOD errors on your Windows 10 PC? If so, this post is meant for you. We’re going to show you how to fix this problem in just a few minutes.
Sometimes after installing new Windows 10 updates, the netio.sys Blue Screen of Death takes place mostly on Windows 10 PC.
Netio.sys itself is a system driver on your Windows PC. Hence, when it becomes outdated or corrupted due to malware infections, it results in Windows 10 error netio.sys.
However, Windows Report has compiled applicable solutions in fixing this BSoD problem.
Steps to fix Windows 10 netio.sys errors
1. Scan your PC for viruses and malware
Viruses and malware on the other hand can infect your system files. Hence, you need to run a full system scan on your PC to remove every possible virus corruption. There are several third-parties antivirus software solutions around that you may use.
We strongly suggest you check out some of the best antivirus software for your Windows PC and install them on your computer. Also, we recommend trying out programs such as Bitdefender that will remove viruses and repair the damage done by them.
Bitdefender has several models for you to choose from, but they all offer top-notch protection, with the more expensive ones being overkill for home users.
Nonetheless, you will benefit from 24/7 real-time protection, virus scans, anti-trackers, VPNs, and more.
Bitdefender Antivirus Plus
Get rid of nasty viruses that can cause BSoD errors with the help of Bitdefender Antivirus Plus today!
2. Use DriverFix
Another way of fixing this error problem is by installing your system drivers. We strongly recommend DriverFix to automatically download all the outdated drivers on your PC.
Here’s how to use DriverFix:
- Download and launch DriverFix
- The software is portable and therefore does not require to be installed
- Let DriverFix run an initial scan to detect outdated, broken, or missing drivers
- Select which drivers you want to repair.
- Restart your PC
DriverFixThis lightweight and portable tool will detect all of your missing drivers by itself, and update them as soon as possible.
3. Run SFC Scan
- Go to Start > type cmd > right-click Command Prompt > select Run as Administrator.
- Now, type the sfc /scannow command.
- Wait for the scanning process to complete and then restart your computer. All corrupted files will be replaced on reboot.
However, if this method does not solve the Windows 10 error netio.sys problem on your PC, you may proceed to the next method.
First of all, you need to run SFC Scan on your PC so as to repair your Windows registry. is to use a dedicated tool, such as. Alternatively, you can also use a dedicated tool such as CCleaner to check for system file corruption.
Meanwhile, System File Checker utility program verifies the integrity of all system files and repairs files with problems when possible.
4. Run CHKDSK
- Go to Start > Type command prompt >Right-click on it, and select Run as administrator.
- Now, type CHKDSK C: /F.
- Hence, type CHKDSK C: /R without quotes in the Command Prompt and hit Enter key.
- After CHKDSK process, restart your PC afterwards.
Another way of fixing Windows 10 error netio.sys as reported by some Windows users is to perform CHKDSK on your hard drive.
5. Run System Restore in safe mode
- Press down the power button until the Automatic Repair message appears.
- Go to Troubleshoot > Advanced options > System Restore.
- Now, select your username and enter your password.
- Click on Next, select the desired restore point and follow the instructions on the screen to restore your PC.
- After your PC is restored, check if the problem still appears.
System Restore is a Windows feature that enables you to reinstate your system to a previous state and fix any recent problems most especially the sound issue.
Note: Select a restore point usually a timeframe before the netio.sys BSod error started.
6. Install the latest Windows Updates
Microsoft constantly releases frequent patches containing fixes and drivers for your Windows PC.
Hence, make sure that you’re running the latest OS version on your computer. This would keep your PC devoid of issues most especially Microsoft products related issues. Here’s how to run Windows Update on your PC.
- Go to Start > Type Windows Update and hit the Enter key.
- In the Windows Update windows, click on the Check for updates button.
7. Run Automatic Repair/Startup Repair
- Insert Windows bootable installation DVD and restart your PC afterward.
- Press any key to boot from CD or DVD when prompted to continue.
- Select your language preferences, and click Next.
- Click Repair your computer in the bottom-left.
- In the Choose an option screen, Click Troubleshoot > Click Advanced option > Automatic Repair or Startup Repair. Then, wait for the Windows Automatic/Startup Repairs to be complete.
- Restart your PC and boot to Windows.
You can also fix Windows 10 error netio.sys by performing automatic repair/startup repair on your system by using Windows bootable installation DVD.
8. Install Microsoft Hotfix
Another way of fixing Windows 10 error netio.sys BSOD is by installing Microsoft Hotfix as reported by some Windows users. Here’s how to do this:
- Go to the Microsoft Support link.
- Now, Click on Hotfix Download option.
- After download, Install the Hotfix by following the prompts
- Restart your PC afterwards.
9. Reset this PC
However, if after trying all the solutions listed above the problem still persists, it is advisable that you reset your PC.
This option is an advanced recovery option which restores your PC to its factory state.
Here’s how to reset your Windows 10 PC:
- Hard power off your PC 3 times until the Advanced Recovery environment appears.
- Choose Advanced options.
- Now, select Troubleshoot.
- Hence, Click Reset this PC
- Choose whether you want to keep or delete your files and apps.
- Click “Reset” to proceed
In conclusion, feel free to comment us below if you have any question concerning the solutions we mentioned above.
Editor’s Note: This post was originally published in March 2018 and has been since revamped and updated in September 2020 for freshness, accuracy, and comprehensiveness.