- Netio.sys blue screen errors are among the most dreaded errors for Windows 10 users.
- Occasionally, one such error appears as Netio.sys system service exception.
- They usually occur randomly, and it is difficult to pinpoint what causes them.
- For this reason, restoring netio.sys on a Windows 10 PC is done using some basic troubleshooting methods.
Sometimes after installing new Windows 10 updates, the netio.sys Blue Screen of Death takes place mostly on Windows 10 PC.
Netio.sys itself is a system driver on your Windows PC. Hence, when it becomes outdated or corrupted due to malware infections, it results in Windows 10 error netio.sys.
However, Windows Report has compiled applicable solutions in fixing this BSoD problem.
What can I do to fix Windows 10 netio.sys errors?
1. Use a general BSoD fixer tool
Restoro is powered by an online database that features the latest functional system files for Windows 10 PCs, allowing you to easily replace any elements that can cause a BSoD error.
This software can also help you by creating a restore point before starting the repairs, enabling you to easily restore the previous version of your system if something goes wrong.
This is how you can fix registry errors using Restoro:
- Download and install Restoro.
- Launch the application.
- Wait for the software to identify stability issues and possible corrupted files.
- Press Start Repair.
- Restart your PC for all the changes to take effect.
As soon as the fixing process is completed, your PC should work without problems, and you will not have to worry about BSoD errors or slow response times ever again.
Disclaimer: This program needs to be upgraded from the free version in order to perform some specific actions.
2. Run SFC Scan
- Go to Start and type cmd . Right-click on Command Prompt and select Run as Administrator.
- Now, type the sfc /scannow command and press Enter.
- Wait for the scanning process to complete and then restart your computer. All corrupted files will be replaced on reboot.
This System File Checker utility program verifies the integrity of all system files and repairs files with problems when possible.
Alternatively, you can also use a dedicated tool such as CCleaner to check for system file corruption.
However, if this method does not solve the Windows 10 error netio.sys problem on your PC, you may proceed to the next method.
3. Run CHKDSK
- Open Command Prompt again and type the following commands, pressing Enter after each:
- After the process finishes, restart your PC.
4. Update your drivers
Blue Screens of Death are sometimes caused by bad software-to-hardware communication, and this is usually the consequence of having old or damaged drivers, or not having them at all.
We recommend you try out a third-party software solution that automates the entire driver update search, update, and repair process, so that you can spend more time working on your PC than you spend time repairing it.
5. Run System Restore in Safe Mode
- Press down the power button until the Automatic Repair message appears.
- Go to Troubleshoot > Advanced options > System Restore.
- Now, select your username and enter your password.
- Click on Next, select the desired restore point and follow the instructions on the screen to restore your PC.
- After your PC is restored, check if the problem still appears.
System Restore is a Windows feature that enables you to reinstate your system to a previous state and fix any recent problems most especially the sound issue.
Note: Select a restore point usually a timeframe before the netio.sys BSOD error started.
6. Scan your PC for viruses and malware
Viruses and malware on the other hand can infect your system files. Hence, you need to run a full system scan on your PC to remove every possible virus corruption.
There are several third-parties antivirus software solutions that you may use. We strongly suggest you check out some of the best antivirus software for your Windows PC and install them on your computer.
Also, we recommend trying out programs such as Bitdefender that will remove viruses and repair the damage done by them.
Bitdefender has several models for you to choose from, but they all offer top-notch protection, with the more expensive ones being overkill for home users.
Nonetheless, you will benefit from 24/7 real-time protection, virus scans, anti-trackers, VPNs, and more.
7. Install the latest Windows Updates
- Go to Start > Type Windows Update and hit the Enter key.
- In the Windows Update windows, click on the Check for updates button.
Microsoft constantly releases patches containing fixes and drivers for your Windows PC. Hence, make sure that you’re running the latest OS version on your computer.
This will keep your PC devoid of issues most especially Microsoft products-related issues.
8. Run Automatic Repair/Startup Repair
- Insert Windows bootable installation DVD and restart your PC afterward.
- Press any key to boot from CD or DVD when prompted to continue.
- Select your language preferences, and click Next.
- Click Repair your computer in the bottom-left.
- In the Choose an option screen, Click Troubleshoot > Click Advanced option > Automatic Repair or Startup Repair. Then, wait for the Windows Automatic/Startup Repairs to complete.
- Restart your PC and boot to Windows.
9. Install Microsoft Hotfix
- Go to the Microsoft Support.
- Now, click on the Hotfix Download option.
- After download, Install the Hotfix by following the prompts
- Restart your PC afterward.
10. Reset your PC
- Hard power off your PC 3 times until the Advanced Recovery environment appears.
- Choose Advanced options.
- Now, select Troubleshoot.
- Hence, Click Reset this PC
- Choose whether you want to keep or delete your files and apps.
- Click “Reset” to proceed
This option is an advanced recovery option that restores your PC to its factory state.
In conclusion, feel free to comment us below if you have any questions concerning the solutions we mentioned above.