Fix: Netio.sys Bluescreen error in Windows 10
Are you getting BSod error netio.sys on your Windows 10 PC? If so, this post is meant for you.
Sometimes after installing new Windows 10 update, the netio.sys Blue Screen of Death takes place mostly on Windows 10 PC.
Netio.sys itself is a system driver on your Windows PC. Hence, when it becomes outdated or corrupted due to malware infections, it results in Windows 10 error netio.sys.
However, Windows Report has compiled applicable solutions in fixing this BSoD problem.
Here are 8 ways of fixing Windows 10 error netio.sys
Solution 1: Run SFC Scan
First of all, you need to run SFC Scan on your PC so as to repair your Windows registry. is to use a dedicated tool, such as. Alternatively, you can also use dedicated tool such as CCleaner to check for system file corruption.
Meanwhile, System File Checker utility program verifies the integrity of all system files and repairs files with problems when possible. Here’s how to run an SFC scan on Windows 10:
- Go to Start > type cmd > right-click Command Prompt > select Run as Administrator.
- Now, type the sfc /scannow command.
- Wait for the scanning process to complete and then restart your computer. All corrupted files will be replaced on reboot.
However, if this method does not solve the Windows 10 error netio.sys problem on your PC, you may proceed to the next method.
Solution 2: Scan your PC for viruses and malwares
Viruses and malware on the other hand can infect your system files. Hence, you need to run a full system scan on your PC to remove every possible virus corruption. There are several third-parties antivirus software around that you may use.
Read Also: Fix: Windows 10 right-click not working
We strongly suggest you check out some of the best antivirus software for your Windows PC and install them on your computer. Also, we recommend trying out programs such as BullGuard, BitDefender, and MalwareBytes that will remove viruses and repair the damage done by them.
However, you can also use Windows’ built-in antivirus, Windows Defender. Here’s how to run a full system scan on Windows 10 Creators Update:
- Go to Start > type ‘defender’ > double click Windows Defender to launch the tool.
- In the left hand pane, select the shield icon.
- In the new window, click the “Advanced scan” option.
- Check the full scan option to launch a full system malware scan.
If the netio.sys BSod still persists, you may proceed to the next method.
Solution 3: Run CHKDSK
Another way of fixing Windows 10 error netio.sys as reported by some Windows users is to perform CHKDSK on your hard drive. Here’s how to do this:
- Go to Start > Type “command prompt” >Right-click on it, and select “Run as administrator”.
- Now, type “CHKDSK C: /F”.
- Hence, type CHKDSK C: /R without quotes in the Command Prompt and hit “Enter” key.
- After CHKDSK process, restart your PC afterwards.
Solution 4: Run System Restore in safe mode
System Restore is a Windows feature that enables you to reinstate your system to a previous state and fix any recent problems most especially the sound issue. Here’s how to run system restore on your Windows 10 PC:
- Press down the power button until the Automatic Repair message appears.
- Go to Troubleshoot > Advanced options > System Restore.
- Now, select your username and enter your password.
- Click on Next, select the desired restore point and follow the instructions on the screen to restore your PC.
- After your PC is restored, check if the problem still appears.
Note: Select a restore point usually a timeframe before the netio.sys BSod error started.
Solution 5: Install latest Windows Updates
Microsoft constantly releases frequent patches containing fixes and drivers for your Windows PC.
Hence, make sure that you’re running the latest OS version on your computer. This would keep your PC devoid of issues most especially Microsoft products related issues. Here’s how to run Windows Update on your PC.
- Go to Start > Type “Windows Update” and hit the “Enter” key.
- In the Windows Update windows, click on the “Check for updates” button.
Solution 6: Run Automatic Repair/Startup Repair
You can also fix Windows 10 error netio.sys by performing automatic repair/startup repair on your system by using Windows bootable installation DVD. Here’s how to do this:
- Insert Windows bootable installation DVD and restart your PCafterwards.
- Press any key to boot from CD or DVD when prompted to continue.
- Select your language preferences, and click “Next”.
- Click Repair your computer in the bottom-left.
- In the “choose an option” screen, Click Troubleshoot > Click Advanced option > Automatic Repair or Startup Repair. Then, wait for the Windows Automatic/Startup Repairs to be complete.
- Restart your PC and boot to Windows.
Solution 7: Install Microsoft Hotfix
Another way of fixing Windows 10 error netio.sys BSoD is by installing Microsoft Hotfix as reported by some Windows users. Here’s how to do this:
- Go to the Microsoft Support link.
- Now, Click on Hotfix Download option.
- After download, Install the Hotfix by following the prompts
- Restart your PC afterwards.
Solution 8: Use TweakBit Driver Updater
Another way of fixing this error problem is by installing your system drivers. We strongly recommend TweakBit’s Driver Updater (approved by Microsoft and Norton) to automatically download all the outdated drivers on your PC.
Alternatively, you may use Reimage Plus.
Here’s how to use TweakBit Driver Updater:
- Download and install TweakBit Driver Updater.
- Once installed, the program will start scanning your PC for outdated drivers automatically. Driver Updater will check your installed driver versions against its cloud database of the latest versions and recommend proper updates. All you need to do is wait for the scan to complete.
- Upon scan completion, you get a report on all problem drivers found on your PC. Review the list and see if you want to update each driver individually or all at once. To update one driver at a time, click the ‘Update driver’ link next to the driver name. Or simply click the ‘Update all’ button at the bottom to automatically install all recommended updates.
Note: Some drivers need to be installed in multiple steps so you will have to hit the ‘Update’ button several times until all of its components are installed. Disclaimer: some functions of this tool are not free.
Note: Your PC must be connected to the Internet for the update to work.
Solution 9: Reset this PC
However, if after trying all the solutions listed above the problem still persists, it is advisable that you reset your PC. This option is an advanced recovery option which restores your PC to its factory state. Here’s how to reset your Windows 10 PC:
- Hard power off your PC 3 times until the Advanced Recovery environment appears.
- Choose “Advanced options”.
- Now, select Troubleshoot.
- Hence, Click “Reset this PC”
- Choose whether you want to keep or delete your files and apps.
- Click “Reset” to proceed
In conclusion, feel free to comment us below if you have any question concerning the solutions we mentioned above.
The cumulative update KB4470200 for Windows 10 Fast Ring has just launched in the November Patch Tuesday roll out, and it packs two important fixes. Grab […]
We continue our Patch Tuesday series. Two more updates for you in this article – KB4467697 and KB4467703, which both are an attempt to fix an issue […]
In this article, we are going to be talking about two November 2018 Patch Tuesday updates – KB4467708 and KB4464455. Both these updates are quality improvement […]