Microsoft testing Windows 10 Mobile Build 10586.420 internally
Microsoft just released its Windows 10 Mobile build 14356 but takes no time to rest. Its engineering team is allegedly testing a new build internally aimed at bringing new bug fixes and improvements.
No information is available as to when the new build 10586.420 will be pushed to Insiders. However, judging by the build release pattern Microsoft used in the last weeks, this build could actually be directly rolled out to production, on the second Tuesday of June.
Usually Microsoft releases build preview versions two weeks before Patch Tuesday. Then, the company rolls out a new version to production exactly on Patch Tuesday.
Since the Anniversary Update day is closing in, Microsoft is now focusing on improving its builds in order to make them more stable. In other words, we will be seeing very few new features, if any, in the upcoming Windows 10 Preview builds and more bug fixes.
The Windows Insider Team and its new leader did a very good job judging by the huge number of fixes released in the current build and in the build before. However, there are still many issues to be fixed, both in the Mobile build and the desktop build.
The official list of issues for the Windows 10 Mobile build 14356 includes the following problems:
- Battery life issues are still impacting certain devices. Microsoft fixed a few bugs that improve battery life but it still has more work to do here.
- Data issues with some Dual-SIM devices where cellular data doesn’t work correctly with a second SIM.
- The new Cortana features may not work for some users. Restarting your phone is the only workaround available and is should allow you to access the new features.
- After installing this build, you may notice your Quick Actions icons are not in the same order. This is a side effect of the fixes/changes made to Action Center. To re-arrange your icons, go to Settings > System > Notifications & actions > (Quick actions) and touch, hold, and then drag to re-arrange icons to whatever position you want.
- Windows 10 phones freeze after touching the screen immediately after enabling Narrator.
Have you encountered any other issues on the Mobile builds, apart from the ones mentioned above?
RELATED STORIES YOU NEED TO CHECK OUT:
- Xbox One game streaming soon possible on Windows 10 Mobile?
- Windows 10 Mobile camera app gets Panorama mode
- Microsoft improves the GPS performance while driving in latest Windows 10 Mobile build
Transferring photos from iPhone to Windows computer is usually simple, but sometimes you might encounter Something went wrong error while transferring iPhone photos. If you […]
Choose your destiny! The newest installment of the Mortal Kombat series is out. Brought to us by NetherRealm Studios and published by Warner Bros. Interactive. […]
Over the years we saw all sorts of great tools from Microsoft. Many of these tools have a big number of users and fans worldwide, […]