How to Fix Windows 10, 8.1 Brightness Issues
A lot of Windows users have upgraded their operating system to the new Windows 10, 8.1 but unfortunately, this operating system still has some bugs that need fixing and one of them being the brightness problem many of us experienced. You don’t need to worry because applying the steps posted below will show you exactly what you need to do in order to fix in Windows 10, 8.1 any issue you might have regarding the brightness feature.
If you are using a keyboard to adjust your brightness level in Windows 10, 8.1 it might show you the level changing but nothing actually happens and your screen will remain the same. This is not really a problem with your keyboard and neither with your Power options but instead, Windows 10, 8.1 might not really recognize your drivers correctly. So we will see below what we can do from the device manager feature and fix the brightness level in Windows 10, 8.1
How to fix brightness issues in Windows 10, 8.1?
- Move the mouse cursor over to the lower right side of the screen.
- Move the mouse cursor over the “Search” feature in the menu that shows or simply tap on the “Search” feature.
- Write in the search box the following: “Device Manager” but without the quotes.
- After the search is finished you will need to left click or tap on the “Device Manager” icon that shows up.
- On the left side in the “Device Manager” window you will need to search for the “Display Adapter” icon.
- Left click on the “Display Adapter” icon in order to expand it.
- Right-click or hold tap on the graphics card you have installed on your Windows 10, 8.1 device.
- Left click or tap on “Properties” feature you get in the menu that appears.
- Left click or tap on the “Driver” tab you have in the “Properties” window.
- In the left side of this tab, you will need to left click or tap on the “Update Driver” button.
- After you selected it you will need to choose the second option which is “Browse my computer for driver software”.
- Now in the next window that pops up, you will need to left click or tap on the “Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer”.
- You should have in the next list under the “Model” topic several device drivers. You will need to select the “Microsoft Basic Display Adapter” option.
- Now save the changes you made and reboot your Windows 8.1 operating system.
- You should now be able to adjust your brightness as you wish.
- After you adjust the brightness according to your needs you can follow the steps above in order to select the correct driver of the graphics card you have.
Various Windows 10, 8.1 brightness-related issues and their fixes
Sometimes you might not change the brightness as it may simply be unavailable. Other users reported problems with the adjustment feature. For all Windows 10 v1803 users that encountered problems with max brightness, you will find a detailed step-by-step guide here.
In addition, we also recommend you to download this tool (100% safe and tested by us) to fix various PC problems, such as file loss, malware, and hardware failure.
I know this is a long workaround just for adjusting the brightness of your Windows 8.1 device but as soon as we have some new available information we will share it with you as soon as possible. Also, you can write us below if you have any additional questions regarding this subject and we will help you further with this issue.
Editor’s Note: This post was originally published in January 2015 and has been since revamped and updated for freshness, accuracy, and comprehensiveness.
The reception desk is the face and voice of any organization. An automated receptionist software simplifies the entire process of visitor management. Whether it’s the customer, […]
Whether you use web-based email services or desktop email clients to manage your account, emails are used for business and personal communication by almost everyone. […]