- When it comes to Zip files, WinZip is the best software for creating and extracting Zip files.
- Many users reported that WinZip is not opening for them, so today we’ll show you how to fix that.
- Learn more about Zip files by exploring this thorough article on the topic.
- Having issues with other PC software? Visit our PC Software Hub for more quick and easy solutions.
When it comes to archiving, WinZip is the best tool for the job, but many users reported certain issues with it. Apparently, WinZip is not opening for some users at all.
This can be a problem since you won’t be able to extract any archives, but in today’s article, we’re going to show you how to fix this problem once and for all.
What to do if Run WinZip button is not working?
1. Reinstall WinZip
- Go to Settings app and navigate to the Apps section.
- Select WinZip and click on the Uninstall button.
- Follow the instructions on the screen to complete the process.
Once you remove WinZip, you just need to download it from the official source and install it again.
WinZip is the best file managing software and archive for Windows.
2. Make sure you have .NET Framework installed
- Visit Microsoft’s website.
- Now download the required version of the .NET Framework.
- Start the downloaded file and follow the instructions on the screen.
Once the .NET Framework is installed, check if the problem with WinZip is still there. WinZip relies on .NET Framework, and if you don’t have the required version available, you don’t be able to run it.
- Locate the WinZip application and move it to Trash.
- Now empty your Trash.
Alternatively, you can do the following:
- Start Launchpad and type WinZip.
- Click and hold WinZip, and select X in the upper left corner of the screen.
After you uninstall WinZip, you just need to download WinZip and install it again.
Once the software is installed and activated, the issue should be resolved. Many users reported issues with Big Sur, but after updating WinZip to the latest version, the problem was completely resolved.
WinZip is the best software for creating and extracting Zip files on Mac.
WinZip is great software, and if WinZip isn’t opening for you, make sure that your trial version hasn’t expired. In most cases, you can fix these types of problems simply by purchasing the WinZip license and reinstalling the software.
Are you having additional problems with WinZip? Let us know in the comments below!