- Having your profile downloaded on your Xbox is a great way to keep your data sync between consoles so that you can enjoy the same gaming experience whenever and wherever.
- But sometimes you might not be able to complete the profile download. If you get a messagge saying: Sorry, Xbox Live profiles can't be downloaded right now followed by error code 800704DC, check out the steps below.
- Of course, Xboxes are not flawless and there are other errors that might come your way when using one. Explore our Xbox error codes dedicated section and leave no issue unsolved.
- For an extensive research on the topic, do visit our Xbox troubleshooting hub and bookmark the page for further reference.
Downloading the profile on your Xbox console allows you to keep your data synchronized between the consoles irrespective of where you play.
Sometimes while downloading your Xbox Live profile you see an error code. The error reads Sorry, Xbox Live profiles can’t be downloaded right now. Please try again later. Status Code: 800704DC.
Fix it by following the steps we provided below.
Why do I get an error code when downloading profile on Xbox?
1. Re-Associate the Child Account to the Parent Account
- Sign into your Microsoft Account, here.
- Go to the Family tab > Add a Family Member.
- Select Add a child.
- Now you need to enter the email address of the child account that you want to re-associate with the parent account.
- Click on Send an Invite.
- Sign out of your Microsoft account and sign in to the Child account.
- Click on Sign in and accept.
- Now on your Xbox try to download the profile and check if the error is resolved.
The above solution should help you resolve the Xbox Live error code 801540A9.
2. Remove your Profile From all Xbox Consoles
- Go to Xbox.com website and click on Sign in.
- Find and select My Account (look in the upper right corner).
- Under the Safety section, click on Remove my profile from all Xbox 360 consoles.
- Under the Visited Console section, select Require profile download.
- Now on your Xbox consoler, try to download the profile again and check for any improvements.
3. Reset Microsoft Account Password
- Go to the Microsoft account password reset page.
- You need to select a reason for resetting the password.
- Enter your Microsoft Account email password and also fill the captcha.
- Click on Next.
- Now you need to verify that the account belongs to you. Select one of the methods and send the security code.
- Enter the 4 digit security code you received from Microsoft and click Next.
- Enter your new password and click on Next to reset the password.
- On your Xbox close, try to login with your new password and check for any improvements.
4. Remove Any Existing Profile
- On your Xbox Home Screen, go to Settings.
- Select System.
- Select Storage and select Profiles.
- Now select the Xbox profile you want to delete.
- Select Delete and select one of the two options below:
Delete Profile Only – This deletes the Xbox profile but leaves saved games achievements.
Delete Profile and Items – This deletes the profile and the game data associated with it.
- Select Delete Profile only option and delete your profile.
- Now try to login with your primary profile again and check for any improvements.
There you go, you should have eliminated the error code 800704DC safely by using one of these solutions.
Do you know any other methods to clear out issues while downloading your Xbox profile? Feel free to share them in the comments section below.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, but there is a catch. You can run an Xbox One and an Xbox 360, but not 2 Xbox One or 2 Xbox 360 consoles simultaneously.
Connect your external HDD to an Xbox One USB port and go to Format storage device. Name the drive and choose to Install new things. You can also try reinstalling corrupted system files.
This message appears either if you do not possess an Xbox Live account or if your account is expired and needs to be renewed. Check out this detailed guide for further information.