SOLVED: Xbox Sign in error 0x80a30204
How can I fix Xbox error 0x80a30204?
Microsoft is famous for the error nomenclature they enforce on all their platforms. That way, Xbox (from Xbox to Xbox X), has a dozen different sign in errors. One of the most prominent errors goes by the code 0x80a30204. As basically all other errors, this error prevents users to sign in to Xbox Live on their consoles.
We provided you with a few suggestions on how to solve this.
How to fix Xbox Sign In error “0x80a30204”
1: Confirm that Xbox Live services are not down
Firstly, check are the dedicated servers down for maintenance or any structural error crashed Xbox Live services. This does not occur frequently, but it’s still a possibility. Usually, when some global issue occurs, it’s fixed in a matter of hours.
2: Inspect the connection
In order to sign in to Xbox Live on your console, the fully-functional network is invaluable. That’s why we suggest troubleshooting your connection and confirming that everything is indeed good on your side.
Here are some steps you can follow to confirm that connection isn’t the reason for the “0x80a30204” error:
- Make sure you use a wired connection instead of wireless.
- Run diagnostics
- Press the Xbox button to open the guide.
- Choose Settings.
- Tap All Settings.
- Choose Network.
- Select Network settings.
- Select “Test network connection“.
- Set a static IP address
- Open Settings and then All Settings.
- Choose Network.
- Open Network settings > Advanced settings.
- Write down your IP and DNS values (IP, Subnet mask, and Gateway).
- Under the Advanced settings, open IP settings.
- Select Manual.
- Once here, open DNS and write down DNS input.
- Enter the values you wrote and confirm changes in the Advanced settings.
- Restart Xbox
3: Hard reset the console
Finally, try power cycling your console to remove a possible temporary stall. This is an essential troubleshooting step on all Xbox consoles and it should address the majority of issues.
- READ ALSO: FIX: Twitch won’t broadcast on Xbox One
If you’re not sure how to hard reset your Xbox, follow the steps we enlisted below:
- Press and hold the Power button for 10 seconds or so.
- Wait until the console shuts down.
- After a minute, turn on the console again and look for changes.
That should do it. In case you’re still plagued by the same error, we suggest posting a query on the support forum, here. If you have any additional questions or suggestions, feel free to tell us in the comments section below.
RELATED STORIES YOU SHOULD CHECK OUT:
- Xbox Sign in error 0x80072ee7: How to fix it
- Fix: Xbox sign in error 0x87dd0006
- How to fix the Xbox One “We couldn’t sign you in” error for good
- New Xbox console lands in 2020, Andromeda phone arrives this year
In order to design every aspect of a great looking bag or backpack, you will need to be able to design shapes (2D panels). These […]
There’s no denying that Power BI offers a lot of features. Still, many users need even more functions. For example, people want to disable all […]