- Your Phone is a Windows 10 app that pairs your Android device with your PC and provides you with interaction with it.
- That allows you to use the Windows 10 app to control music and certain audio apps from your Android phone.
- If you're closely following this app, feel free to visit Your Phone app section.
- We have plenty of guides, tips and tricks for you. Just go to our Tech Tutorials Hub for more.
For those unfamiliar with it, Your Phone is a Windows 10 app that pairs your Android device with your PC and provides you with interaction with it.
You can see the messages and notifications from your phone and lately you are even able to see the photos from your phone and even to make and receive calls.
How can I use the new music controls in Your Phone app?
The new feature was available in beta testing since April but now it will be available for everyone running Windows 10 version 17134.0 or higher.
That allows you to use the Windows 10 app to control music and certain audio apps from your Android phone. It’s easy to use the feature following these simple steps:
- Open a music player from your Android phone and hit play on any song. It supports popular streaming apps like Spotify, Pandora, Amazon Music, Google Play Music, and Google Music. In this example, we used Google Play Music.
- Start Your Phone App from your Windows 10 computer. You should see the player window on the bottom-left part of the window.
- You can now use the controls from your phone’s player. You can also see the player you’re using, the song details and even the artwork.
Note: Make sure you also keep Your Phone Companion app from your Android phone updated to experience the feature.
Your Phone app future function
Your Phone app got much attention from Microsoft lately and they don’t seem to slow down any time soon. The most important future iteration will be picture-in-picture.
Microsoft will probably call this Compact Overlay. It will let you view an app in a small window while looking at something else in other parts of the screen.
When an app is running in this mode, it will float on top of other bigger windows. That way, you can still do other things like watching a video.