Alumni is a term that is used to represent people who are graduates of a college or university. Because the number of people who finished their studies is enormous and it grows exponentially, keeping updated alumni lists is a hard task.
Because of this reason, it is recommended to use specialized alumni software that was designed for managing and sorting of alumni databases. Having this information at your disposal in one all-compassing software helps you reduce the time of searching through profiles, in this way, making the entire process of organizing a meet-up, a far easier task.
In this article, we will explore some of the best software options that enable you to stream-line your alumni database with ease.
5 alumni tools to better manage your alumni databases
Vaave is a great SaaS (software as service) option that was designed specifically for alumni management. This software can be used both by educational institutions or in the corporate environment.
Vaave helps you to easily build your alumni network, organize successful reunions, raise funds, etc. You can easily keep in touch with former staff, customize development of the program, and can even be used to re-hire staff and as a referral platform.
Alumni management features include:
- Events module — plan, publicize and organize meetings between your alumni
- Funds module — you can manage fundraising with simple online payments
- Jobs board — allows alumni to interact efficiently and share opportunities
- Mailing list management — user intuitive mailing lists
- Member accounts – manage all the accounts of your members
- Member communities — allows users to organize in communities
- Member portal — users can share information, video and photo on a main portal that everybody has access to
- Database management system — can help you build, manage, sort and use data efficiently
- Website management
- Editor’s Note: If you’re interested in other school and education software, check out our wide collection of guides.
Enterprise Alumni is an entirely customizable alumni platform that enables you to manage both alumni and former staff with ease . This software is fully integrated in the cloud. Because of that, it a easily accessible solution from anywhere in the world, and offers you a protected online environment for your data to be stored in.
Enterprise Alumni is fully integrated into HR applications like SAP, Success Factors, Oracle Taleo, etc. This feature of the program enables you to seamlessly transfer information from one software to the other without any loss of data or hard complicated maneuvers.
This software is used by a good number of great organizations of our world. Some of these corporations are : HSBC, Nestle, Lufthansa, P&G, and Aviva.
Other features worth noting are:
- Event management — you can create events with hundreds of Alumni with ease and manage every aspect
- Fundraising management – allows you to manage any fundraising
- Jobs board — offers alumni members the possibility to find a new job in the domain of their interest
- Member portal — wall-like online member portal with main chat and interactive options
- Membership management
- Member accounts access
- Website management
Graduway offers you an entire online package of features that give you the power to manage and mentor your alumni. You can easily schedule appointments, track the progress of your alumni, and manage the programs they are exposed to. This software can be used by schools, corporations and nonprofits.
With the use of its customizable registration forms, you can use Graduway to create custom alumni groups based on users credentials, demographics, interests, etc.
Graduway can be used with different CRM’s (customer relationship software) like Edge NXT, Blackbaud CRM, Salesforce, etc., because it’s fully compatible with the file formats needed. This allows you to migrate information from your preferred CRM application to Graduway and also input data directly from the CRM software.
You can use this software to match your profile with mentors. This feature gives you the power to select your mentors from the student groups based on their skill set, age, etc.
Some PC issues are hard to tackle, especially when it comes to corrupted repositories or missing Windows files. If you are having troubles fixing an error, your system may be partially broken.
We recommend installing Restoro, a tool that will scan your machine and identify what the fault is.
Click here to download and start repairing.
Key features include:
- Create events with hundreds of Alumni with ease and manage every aspect of the process
- Powerful and yet simple user interface
- Willing Network – allows your alumni and students to interract
- Easily manage your mailist lists and create customized emails
- Manage membership
- Users can post job offers
- Visibility features that allow you to choose which information is private or shared
- Website management features
Hivebrite is another great software option that can help you manage your alumni database. This software is easy to set up and use, and it can be personalised to suit your brand, offering opportunities to your alumni community.
With Hivebrite you can define the way your users can sing-in to your platform -email, social network or SSO., if it’s an open or an invite-only community.
Because of it’s online features, Hiverbite can be accessed from anywhere in the world. You can now easily keep in touch or even engage your users with networking tools specifically designed for them.
Hivebrite can be used in a variety of ways, depending on your institution’s needs. Some of the most notable features include:
- CRM & alumni member management — event and fundraising management, jobs board, mailing list, member accounts, etc.
- Association management — you can manage chapters, membership, the website, etc.
- Community — membership, social media and content management, etc.
- Membership management — club, gym, association and nonprofit membership, and email marketing and magement
- Social networking — news feed, blogs, data security, group management, social media tagging, etc.
- Online payments — optimize engagement and simplify your workflows with easy online payments for paid events and memberships
- Event management — manage complex events for your community with different types of tickets and external participants
- Analytics & reporting — gain insights into the activity of your members and boost engagement.
Alumni Channel is one of the most complete alumni managing software presented in this article. This software is an online suite designed for schools, school alumni and other membership-based institutions.
The important data gathered about and from your alumni is stored in cloud and can only be accessed by channel administrators. This offers a great way to secure the data and also eliminates the need of keeping papers, recording management, etc. , and also allow you to send mass emails to groups of alumni easily.
Members of Alumni Channel can interact and communicate using the built-in messaging and chat service. This feature can be used to create marketing campaigns, plan RSVP events, and also share photos.
You can easily upload images, PDF’s and forms to the database or export your project to community members or a selected group. One of the best features of Alumni Channel is the power it has to generate complex reports based on user interaction data and also other information like website traffic, registrations per day, frequent visitors, etc.
When it comes to managing your alumni database, Alumni Channel offers a good set of features like a quick member search, member organizer – class, directories, etc., member profiles access, job postings, etc.
In the communications department, this software is very useful because of features like – event listings, photo slideshow, news listings, bulk emails, etc.
In this article, we explored some of the best software options available, that can simplify and streamline the process of alumni management no matter the number of applications.
The features contained by the software found in the above list will surely cover all your data managing needs no matter if you’re using them for a small business or a large multi-national corporation.
Let us know which software you chose from this list.
RELATED STORIES YOU NEED TO CHECK OUT:
Still having issues? Fix them with this tool:
If the advices above haven't solved your issue, your PC may experience deeper Windows problems. We recommend downloading this PC Repair tool (rated Great on TrustPilot.com) to easily address them. After installation, simply click the Start Scan button and then press on Repair All.