- To backup iPhone photos to PC without iTunes, you can always use cloud storage services.
- Using File Explorer is one of the simplest ways to transfer photos from your iOS device.
- If you want to automate this process, you can always use specialized software.
iPhones are well-known for the high-quality photos that they can make, and it’s important that you don’t lose them by accident.
The best way to prevent that is to back them up, and there are multiple methods to do that, and the most used one is via iTunes.
However, it’s possible to backup iPhone photos to your PC without iTunes, and in today’s guide, we’re going to show you the best ways to do that.
How to transfer photos from iPhone to the computer with USB?
There are several methods that you can use to transfer photos to your PC, and many are using iTunes for this purpose since it works great with iOS devices.
However, you can also use the tools that are already available in Windows. To learn more, make sure to keep on reading.
How can I backup iPhone photos to a PC without iTunes?
1. Use iCloud
- Select the photos that you want to back up.
- Make sure that they are uploaded to iCloud.
- On your PC, navigate to the iCloud website.
- Now sign in with your Apple ID.
- Once you sign in, you should be able to see all your photos and download them to your PC.
Alternatively, you can install iCloud software on your PC to have quick access to your photos at all times.
2. Use Tenorshare iCareFone
If you want to backup your iPhone photos to a PC without using iTunes, you might want to use third-party software such as Tenorshare iCareFone.
This application lets you export pictures, contacts, audio, video, and other data to your PC with a single click. You’ll even get a virtual USB drive on your PC for quick and seamless data management.
Using this software you can also remove duplicates, uninstall apps, and thanks to the 2-way transfer, all your files will be seamlessly synced, so if you want to back up your iPhone photos with ease, be sure to consider this app.
3. Use the Photos app
- Connect your iPhone to the PC using the USB cable.
- Enter your passcode on the phone if asked and tap on Trust.
- Press Windows key + S and enter photos. Select Photos from the list of results.
- Select Import and choose From a connected device.
- The application will now scan your phone for any available images.
- Select the files that you want to import and click on Import selected.
- Wait for the process to finish.
4. Use File Explorer
- Connect your iOS device with a USB cable.
- If asked, enter the passcode on your phone and choose the Trust option.
- Open File Explorer. You can do that with Windows key + E shortcut.
- Select your phone from the list of devices.
- Now go to Internal storage.
- Navigate to the Download folder.
- Now go to the 100APPLE directory and copy the desired photos.
5. Send the photos to yourself via email
- On your iOS device, compose a new email.
- Now add the photos that you want to back up.
- Send it to your email address.
- Access the email account on your PC and download the photos.
This is a crude workaround, but it might be useful if other solutions didn’t work for you.
Can you back up the iPhone to PC without iTunes?
As you can see, you can easily back up your photos to PC without iTunes, but what if you want to make a full phone backup?
It’s possible to do that and to see how to do it, we suggest reading our iPhone backup software guide for more information.
These are some of the solutions that you can apply if you want to backup iPhone photos to a PC without using iTunes.
In case you’re having problems with the file transfer, we suggest visiting our Can’t transfer photos from iPhone to Windows guide for more information.
What method do you use to back up your iPhone photos? Let us know in the comments section below.