- Outdated printer drivers can cause connectivity issues with the Canon printer.
- Performing a power cycle on the router and the printer is an easy fix for the problem.
- A slow or lagging network can impede your printer’s connection.
Printing technology has evolved over the years from a large stationed machine to the portable printer we have now. The common tradition of the printer market is wireless printing machines. A wireless printer allows you to connect and share with multiple devices without cables.
As appealing as it may sound, users complain about several issues when using wireless printers like Canon. Canon printers not asking for Wi-Fi passwords is one of the many problems you are likely to encounter.
However, you may encounter difficulties connecting your Canon printer to the Wi-Fi for numerous reasons.
It can be a network issue, a problem with the printer, or something else. Nonetheless, the issue is something you can fix in a few steps.
Why is the Canon printer not asking for Wi-Fi password?
- Outdated/Corrupt printer drivers: Many things can go wrong with your printer if its drivers are outdated on your computer. It affects how the printer interacts with the devices it connects with and prevents it from performing correctly. Likewise, you can run into issues like the Canon app can’t find printers if the printer drivers are corrupt.
- Issues with the router: Users may experience difficulties with their printers connecting to Wi-Fi if the router is not working correctly. It may result in the Canon printer not asking for a Wi-Fi password which means you can’t establish a connection with the printer.
- Printer errors: Internal errors in the printer can impede its connections with network devices. Printers have lots of errors users may encounter. So, not fixing these errors may cause it not to connect to Wi-Fi or not prompt Wi-Fi password.
Check this article about how to fix printer offline issues in just a few minutes.
What can I do when the Canon Printer is not asking for Wi-Fi password?
1. Update the printer drivers
- Click on the Start button, search for Device Manager, and launch it.
- Click on the Print queues drop-down button.
- Select your printer and right-click on it.
- Select Update driver and click OK.
Wait while Windows installs the update, then restart your computer. Updating printer drivers can fix the Canon printer if it’s not asking for a Wi-Fi password.
Most of the time, the generic drivers for your PC’s hardware and peripherals are not properly updated by the system. There are key differences between a generic driver and a manufacturer’s driver.Searching for the right driver version for each of your hardware components can become tedious. That’s why an automated assistant can help you find and update your system with the correct drivers every time, and we strongly recommend DriverFix. Here’s how to do it:
- Download and install DriverFix.
- Launch the software.
- Wait for the detection of all your faulty drivers.
- DriverFix will now show you all the drivers that have issues, and you just need to select the ones you’d liked fixed.
- Wait for the app to download and install the newest drivers.
- Restart your PC for the changes to take effect.
Keep your PC components drivers working perfectly without putting your PC at risk.
Disclaimer: this program needs to be upgraded from the free version in order to perform some specific actions.
2. Perform a power cycle on the printer
- Press the power button on your Canon printer for seconds to turn it off.
- Unplug the printer from its power source.
- Reconnect the printer to the power source and press the power button to turn it on.
Power cycling the printer can fix any errors that impede its performance and cause connection errors.
3. Perform a power cycle on your router
- Press and hold the power button on your router.
- Unplug your wireless router from power for 15 seconds.
- Reconnect the router to power and power it on.
It will help fix any issues on the router’s end that may affect the network shared with other devices.
Why can’t I connect the printer to the network?
You may encounter difficulties connecting your printer to a network if the network connection is poor or slow. Sometimes, the bandwidth may not match the requirements of the printer device.
In conclusion, knowing how to fix printer issues on Windows 10/11 will help you enjoy a smooth working experience. Hence, you can read about printers not recognizing your router and the steps to fix it.
Let us know which solution worked for you in the comments area below.