- Microsoft Edge's Collections feature sometimes might not be synced in with your devices if it's not selected from the Sync list inside the browser.
- To fix the issue you should, also make sure that you're logged in with the same account across your gadgets.
- Another solution is to sign in with a local account, more specific the Microsoft account.
Microsoft Edge has quickly risen to become one of the most powerful web browsers available. The various features and performance awards that it earns on a regular basis are impressive, but one, in particular, stands out for users who need to interact with more devices.
Without a doubt, we’re referring to the Microsoft Edge sync feature, which is a useful tool that makes our lives substantially easier.
We would be much slower at our jobs if we didn’t have it, because we frequently switch from working on a Windows computer to accessing the web on a mobile Android smartphone or an iPhone.
Without further ado, here’s how to fix Collections syncing in Microsoft Edge on desktops and smartphones, right after we see what the Collections feature is all about.
What do Microsoft Edge Collections do?
Gathering information on the web, whether you’re shopping, planning a trip, collecting notes for research or lesson plans, or simply wanting to pick up where you left off the last time you were surfing the Internet, Collections in Microsoft Edge can help you keep track of your thoughts.
It can assist you with anything you’re doing on the Internet and it’s possible to sync them across all of your signed-in devices, so even if you use Microsoft Edge on numerous devices, your Collections will always be up to current on all of them.
In exchange for your consent, Microsoft Edge will search for Pinterest suggestions that you can incorporate into your Collections. When you first open the feature, you’ll see an option to enable Pinterest suggestions.
If there is related content, you’ll find Pinterest ideas at the bottom of your Collection when you scroll down. Selecting a proposal will take you to the Pinterest Topic page for that particular topic.
The Show suggestions from Pinterest option will run a Microsoft Bing search using the title of your Collection to locate related Pinterest Topic pages if you have this option enabled.
What can I do if Collections aren’t syncing in Windows 11?
1. Sign in with a local account
- Press the Windows key + I to open the Settings app, and navigate to Accounts in the left panel followed by Your info from the right side.
- Now scroll down until you meet the Sign in with a local account instead option and click on it.
- Choose your Microsoft account, enter your password then restart your computer to apply the changes made.
You can test whether the Collections feature is syncing with your devices after you log into the same local account on all your other devices as well.
2. Enable Collections syncing from Edge
- Enter Edge, click on your icon, then choose Manage profile settings under the drop-down panel.
- Now click on the Sync option, then scroll down until you meet the Collections option and switch on the toggle next to it.
Restart Edge then test whether Collections syncing is working properly on all your devices. Again, don’t forget to be logged in with the same account everywhere.
3. Restart the SettingsSyncHost.exe process
- Press the CTRL + ALT + DELETE buttons on your keyboard simultaneously, then click on Task Manager to open it.
- Now search for the SettingsSyncHost.exe process, click on it and choose End task.
- Click on File on the top side, then choose the Run new task option and type in SettingsSyncHost.exe then hit Enter to restart the process.
It is possible that the SettingsSyncHost.exe process itself is not functioning properly in some instances. Thus ending the task and restarting it will give it a fresh start and remove any errors along the way.
Why should I use Windows 11’s Microsoft Edge?
Edge is the default browser in Windows 11, and it is the only web browser that can access some Microsoft-specific links.
You can easily adjust the default settings without too much difficulty, but after you experience what the new Edge has to offer, you may not want to. It also includes a built-in web viewer for apps that require connection to the Internet, which is provided via the WebView2 component.
Edge versions for various platforms, including Android, iOS, Linux, and macOS, in addition to earlier versions of Microsoft’s operating system, are now available. Because of this, you will be able to sync settings and more between all of those platforms starting with Windows 11.
The browser app, like every other software in Windows 11, has received a makeover. It incorporates more of the Fluent design language than Windows 10 and does so to a larger extent than the latter.
One further subtle new design material utilized by the browser is called Mica, and it alters the appearance of an element, such as the title bar, depending on the color of the window or desktop that it is positioned on top of.
Edge provides straightforward privacy controls. It’s true that with most decisions in life, there’s a trade-off: The more secure and private your privacy level, the fewer site features and functionality you receive.
For quite some time, web clipping programs and extensions for organizing web research have been available. However, the Collections function in Edge is one of the most straightforward and effective. It is also possible to cut web pages using a top toolbar button.
People are doing a lot of their shopping on the Internet these days, and the browser provides tools to help them save money. In order to save you from having to search all over the Internet for coupon codes for shopping sites you visit, Edge will automatically find coupon codes for you.
Read more on Microsoft Edge’s new design and features before deciding what web browser you will stick to.
But as with everything in life, Edge might encounter some issues from time to time. Check out our guide on how to fix Microsoft Edge problems on Windows 11 if you happen to face errors with it as well.
And lastly, setting the default browser in Windows 11 is an important step that you ought not to miss so that your links open up with your desired application.
Did you find the article helpful? Let us know in the comments section below. Thanks for reading!